Emmitt Smith Or Barry Sanders

Who was the best running back in the 90's between the two?

• Emmitt Smith

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Barry Sanders

Votes: 80 95.2%

• Total voters

SuperGenius

Star
Registered
Barry Sanders hands down....

10 year Comparison which is Emmit Smith's first 10 years and Barry Sanders whole career in att & yds.

Emmit Smith: Attempts: 3243 Yards: 13,963. He did that for the most part with a superior pro bowl offensive line, HOF QB and superior receivers (Mostly HOF Michael Irvin)

Barry Sanders: Attempts: 3062 Yards: 15269. He did that with a mediocre at best off. line (except for Lomas Brown), sub-par QB's and for the most part mediocre receivers (except Herman Moore).

For Barry, his final yardage numbers includes all his negative yardage. He holds the NFL record for lost yardage at 1,114 yards. That an average of 111 per season. Still, Barry did more with less. Emmit was great in his own right, but he even said Barry was the man!:yes:

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Barry Sanders >>>>>>>>>>

1377380069_barry-sanders-o.gif

Pearce

wannabe star
Registered
For Barry, his final yardage numbers includes all his negative yardage. He holds the NFL record for lost yardage at 1,114 yards. That an average of 111 per season. Still, Barry did more with less. Emmit was great in his own right, but he even said Barry was the man!:yes:
He was one of the best!

Last edited:

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Emmitt.

More yards
More Touchdowns
More Rings
More Heart
Where does Heart come in at?

This sounds like Emmitt had a SQUAD!
Opposing teams had to go against
that ALL-Pro Offensive line which ave. 320lbs lol or more I think
QB Aikman
A good WR core
and TE
They also had Deon a few years... Stop it

The Lions only had BARRY!

MCP

International
International Member
Sanders for me, but by very little. He was behind a average OL and had to work with everything almost by himself.

Emmitt had a all star cast around him in his prime.

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
Where does Heart come in at?

This sounds like Emmitt had a SQUAD!
Opposing teams had to go against
that ALL-Pro Offensive line which ave. 320lbs lol or more I think
QB Aikman
A good WR core
and TE
They also had Deon a few years... Stop it

The Lions only had BARRY!

Correction. Only 1 hall of famer on that line ... and he only has one ring. Funny how NONE of those other skill players are in the top 20 for anything at their position is #1 in all for his. Heart is playing with a separated shoulder in a huge game and getting 175. That all pro line never had a 75 yard rusher when Emmitt didn’t play. Stop it.

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Correction. Only 1 hall of famer on that line ... and he only has one ring. Funny how NONE of those other skill players are in the top 20 for anything at their position is #1 in all for his. Heart is playing with a separated shoulder in a huge game and getting 175. That all pro line never had a 75 yard rusher when Emmitt didn’t play. Stop it.
That Dallas O-Line was nuts!!! Are you crazy.

Not to mention these fellas down here were ALL beasts!
Aikman
Irvin
"The Moose"
Novacek
Harper

What or WHO did Barry have?
Also, Barry ran for over 1k yards EVERY year.

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i can't call this one. I like them both. I can't separate them from their organizations. Lions.org is where your career go to die. and I hate Cowboys, but like their players. fuck it Emmitt...no wait Barry...on second thought...aaahhh......I can't work off coulda woulda shoulda, if you twist my arm....Smith, but I understand if you say Sanders. thats completely legit.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
There's no way of knowing how great Barry Sanders would've been had he played with teams on the same talent level as Emmitt Smith. But IMO Barry would've smoked Emmitt if Barry had played on better teams.