Eddy curry a KNICK!!!

Greed

Star
Registered
has the NBA made it a rule that anyone under 21 cant be drafted yet?

i refuse to follow pro basketball until someone can make a free throw.

dentskins

Potential Star
Registered
clsmooth217 said:
Finally i knew it was gonna go done.Terms of the deal will be finalized tommorrow at a bull press conference.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...YF?slug=ap-bulls-currytrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

AP - Oct 4, 12:16 am EDT

DEERFIELD, Ill. (AP) -- Eddy Curry refused to take a DNA test to determine if he has a serious heart problem, so the Chicago Bulls cut ties with the center and sent him to the New York Knicks.

The Bulls also dealt veteran center Antonio Davis to the Knicks for forwards Tim Thomas, Michael Sweetney and Jermaine Jackson on Monday night. Several draft picks were also involved in the trade, according to an Eastern Conference executive who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
Paxson said the Bulls had offered Curry $400,000 annually for the next 50 years if he failed the genetic test. :rolleyes:

badboy100

Potential Star
Registered
Im happy the knicks finally have some size but im not sold that this guy wont just be a bust for them.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
It's a good deal....for the Knicks. As long as they are
rid of Tim Thomas and his underachieving ass, I'm happy
Curry is an underachiever too, but he doesn't just get
to start here automatically since Channing Frye and Jerome
James are already here. He'll have to WORK to get playing
time....a perfect situation for his lazy butt to be in

so long Tim....happy trails......and fails

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
did the knicks mortgage the future?

The NBA approved a trade Tuesday that sends Curry and veteran center Antonio Davis from Chicago to the Knicks for forwards Tim Thomas, Michael Sweetney and Jermaine Jackson.

As part of the trade, the Knicks also will give the Bulls a conditional first-round draft pick in 2006, two second-round selections in the next four years and the option of exchanging first-round picks with New York at a later draft.

is that too much?

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Re: did the knicks mortgage the future?

cranrab said:
The NBA approved a trade Tuesday that sends Curry and veteran center Antonio Davis from Chicago to the Knicks for forwards Tim Thomas, Michael Sweetney and Jermaine Jackson.

As part of the trade, the Knicks also will give the Bulls a conditional first-round draft pick in 2006, two second-round selections in the next four years and the option of exchanging first-round picks with New York at a later draft.

is that too much?

damn looking at all of the future picks they're giving away, IMO it's way too much considering they're getting a slacker when it comes to rebounding, not to mention that condition he doesn't want to get DNA tested for. How are they not seeing this as a riskier move than a gain to the team. That's way too much.. For Isiah's sake I hope he doesn't end up out the whole season like Antonio McDyess with that knee problem that year... :smh: :smh:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Re: did the knicks mortgage the future?

cranrab said:

is that too much?

Way too much. The players should've been enough
Curry had more potential BEFORE last season than
after.....He's closer to being a bum now
btw, I think he turned down that deal just because
he didn't wanna play for Scott Skiles anymore

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Antoine Davis doesn't wanna play for the Knicks.
He wants out even though he'll make 13.7 million to stay.

O

originalman

I like the trade for the knicks, but as a bulls fan I hate it. The bulls got nothing for eddie but draft picks. Whos to say any of those picks will pan out to be something. Plus in this watered down no big man with skills league. A center that can actually score in the post is rare.

Shit pisses me off we traded brand for Curry now we trade curry for nothing. Plus this was our first year in the playoffs since mike left. Curry is our second best player and our only post player. He will play well in NY because you'll have something we didn't have good perimater players. Gordan was the only good outside player we had. Plus crwford and curry play well together.

Look NY fans even though curry plays no defense you'll have the second best true center in the east now. Also he always gets great post position if the coach killer marbury can get him the ball on the block curry will avg. 19 to 20 points. Often times with the bulls he would get good post position but no passing gordan, kirk and the rest of those fools couldn't get him the ball cause they are awful post entry passers. Except duhan he is the only one who can pass to a player in the post.

And best believe Brown will make them fools pass to the post player and make sure the team has good spacing. Shit if he can make them brick laying pistons have good spacing he can have the Knicks have good spacing too.

So with good spacing Curry will be able to operate, cause he does have very good post up moves.

One last thing don't believe that bull shit that the bulls where so scared about his heart. The bulls didn't want to resign him to a longterm deal even before his heart problems. The bulls are one of the cheapest teams in the league they were gonna sign Chandler, duhan and save the rest of their cap space for the token white boy kirk when his contract came up. So Curry was gonna be gone anyway. That cheap white jew Reinsdorf wasn't gonna spend any more money.

Damn shame chicago is the top 3 market but got the most cheapest group of owners of any town with 4 professional teams. Thats why I will always say Jordan is the greatest basketball player. Not just because he was a great player and won, its the fact that he won with a owner like reinsdorf who never wanted to win and never really tried to improve the team. I bet bird, Kareem and magic never had to worry about their woners not improving the team or trying to win.
Jordan winning with the bulls is like if kobe went to the clippers and won 6 titles with their shitty owner.

I don't care how well the white sox do that bastard reinsdorf needs to be hung from the highest tree in chicago. Cheap bastard, I hope someone shots his ass.

If the knicks go to the playoffs and the bulls don't I will laugh my ass off even though I am a bulls fan. I wouldn't even be made I will feel reinsdorf got what he deserved.

Well bulls fans prepare to see the bulls lay tons of bricks this years, cuase last years they were laying them up even though they had a post up threat. And Gordan was the only one who actually wnet to the hole. Now I got to see the 33% shooting token white boy kirk jack 3s all day instead of driving to the hole with his slow ass!!!!

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Fuck The Loser
I Think He Weak
And Not Just Because He Left Chi Town
But Because I Think He Played Like Garbage On Purpose, Until It Was Time To Get That Big Check.
So Fuck Him.

I FEEL SORRY FOR NY!!

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
So far, so good. Curry looks good. He looks strong in the post
He's giving the Knicks something they haven't had since Ewing
a down low presence. At least on offense anyway. I suspect
he will do well here because Isiah has a way with getting the
best out of his big men

The only question on Curry is how much desire he has to win
Is he hungry enough to want to do well here? Because he has
more than enough talent to get the job done. And he has more
than enough talent around him to make a nice impact

Looks like Antoine Davis is gonna start at the "4" next to Curry
With "Q" at the 3 and Steph and Crawford in the backcourt....
Not bad, I like it.

And the bench is stacked

Both NY teams look good this season. Should be a fun season
around here

O

originalman

RunawaySlave said:
So far, so good. Curry looks good. He looks strong in the post
He's giving the Knicks something they haven't had since Ewing
a down low presence. At least on offense anyway. I suspect
he will do well here because Isiah has a way with getting the
best out of his big men

The only question on Curry is how much desire he has to win
Is he hungry enough to want to do well here? Because he has
more than enough talent to get the job done. And he has more
than enough talent around him to make a nice impact

Looks like Antoine Davis is gonna start at the "4" next to Curry
With "Q" at the 3 and Steph and Crawford in the backcourt....
Not bad, I like it.

And the bench is stacked

Both NY teams look good this season. Should be a fun season
around here

I told you knick fans that you would like curry.

The kat is good as hell offensively on that block. THe problem here isn chicago is that we are probably the worst passing team in the league. Shit kirk and gordan can't pass to save their lives. Plus we are one of the worst outside shooting teams in the league.

Shit Curry can avg. 20 in NYC, just because he has a better coach who understands spacing and feeding the player in the post. Brown understands feeding a hot player which skiles big forhead ass doesn't know about. Then he has much better players around him then in chicago and he will have Davis right next to him helping out. Last but not least all brown coached teams have great spacing. Something the bulls didn't have all last year.

Now watch the knicks go to the playoffs and the bulls end up 30-52. Well I guest there is always next year. Maybe we can get a soft ass euro player like stoyakovic in free agency. Let me see he can't pass, play defense or put the ball on the floor and create his own shot. Yeap sounds like a future bulls player to me.

And bulls fans think we won't miss curry. Yeah right, we got a team with wing players that can't hit shots. Wing players that don't go to the hole except gordan. Big mean that can't post up. Sounds like a team that could use a big man that can play with his back to the basket.

Once again that cheap bitch reinsdorf fucks up. I don't give a shit if my white sox won a world series. That bitch reinsdorf still needs to be hung from a tree and burned alive. Cheap fucking bitch!!!!!

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I don't think the Bulls problem is necessarily their owner.
Although, he is part of the problem (a big part).......
I don't know why they insist on keeping Scott Skiles.
IMO, he got the job on a humble anyway. They were
looking pretty good with Bill Cartwright, but when they
didn't get off to a good start, he suddenly got canned....

Curry (and Chandler) was playing good ball at that point,
but when Skiles took over, suddenly his game wasn't good
enough. Plus, I believe Skiles tried to make Curry the sole
reason for the teams' failure. Basically, Skiles drove Curry
out