eBay stalked and terrorized Mass. couple; employees convicted and CEO sued

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Investigation continues after couple became the target of harassment, stalking by eBay employees

A couple subjected to threats and bizarre deliveries, including live spiders, cockroaches, a funeral wreath and a bloody pig mask, have continued to fight back, even after several eBay employees were sentenced in the case.

Ina and David Steiner filed a civil suit against eBay and former executives after the 2019 cyberstalking campaign. A U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts investigation into the auction site is ongoing.

Devin Wenig, who served as eBay's CEO at the time, shared a link to a post Ina had written about his annual pay. The company's chief communications officer, Steve Wymer, responded: "We are going to crush this lady."

About a month later, Wenig texted: "Take her down." Prosecutors said Wymer later texted eBay security director Jim Baugh.

"I want to see ashes. As long as it takes. Whatever it takes," Wymer wrote.

ebay-mailings.jpg

A book and a bloodied pig mask that former eBay employees allegedly mailed to a Natick, Massachusetts couple who wrote critical articles about the company.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I want those people go to jail and eBay is going to have to write a huge check.