Easy Honey Garlic Chicken with a 5-ingredient sauce!

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Easy Honey Garlic Chicken

September 4, 2016 By Karina 38 Comments

Sticky and Easy Honey Garlic Chicken made fast and simple, with the most amazing 5-ingredient honey garlic sauce that is so good you’ll want to use it on everything!

Easy-Honey-Garlic-Chicken-cafedelites-32.jpg

This super-simple recipe makes a crisp-tender chicken with a perfect, sticky glaze. You may (or may not) remember the crispy oven fried chicken I made a couple months ago? Well, this sauce was so good on those chicken pieces, that I wondered what would happen if I cooked some pieces right in the sauce, without any crumbing.

Oh man……. sauce in question
1f447.svg
1f447.svg
1f447.svg

Turns out, it made the best sauce I’ve ever tried with chicken! So good, you guys HAFTA TRY THIS!

Chicken thighs are perfect for this recipe, since dark meat is super moist and packed full of flavour, BUT breasts can be used also and I’ve included the method for breasts in the recipe! The perfect weeknight meal is here at your fingertips.

If you’re following me on Instagram, I shared a similar recipe over on Instagram stories, and I PROMISE you it will be coming out in the next couple of weeks. OH, and thank YOU for loving my Aussie accent!

Easy-Honey-Garlic-Chicken-cafedelites-10.jpg

In the meantime……check out this drizzle!!!! Crisp and sticky skin (which is optional), a beautiful glaze, and perfectly cooked chicken. It doesn’t get any better!

Easy-Honey-Garlic-Chicken-cafedelites-56.jpg

REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!

If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.

5.0 from 13 reviews
Easy Honey Garlic Chicken

Easy-Honey-Garlic-Chicken-cafedelites-10.jpg

Save Print
Sticky and Easy Honey Garlic Chicken made simple, with the most amazing 5-ingredient honey garlic sauce that is so good you’ll want it on everything! | http://cafedelites.com
ORIGINAL RECIPE BY KARINA, CAFEDELITES ©
Author: Karina - Cafe Delites
Serves: 6
Ingredients
  • 6 chicken thighs, bone in or out, with or without skin*
  • Salt and pepper, to season
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder, to season
  • 6 cloves garlic, crushed
  • ⅓ cup honey
  • ¼ cup water (or chicken broth)
  • 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce

Instructions
Report this ad

1. Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
  2. Heat a pan or skillet over medium high heat; sear chicken thigh fillets or breast fillets on both sides until golden and cooked through.
FOR BONE IN THIGHS:
  1. Reduce heat after searing on both sides, cover skillet with a lid and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, while turning every 5 minutes until done. Alternatively, see notes for oven method.
  2. Drain most of the excess oil from the pan, leaving about 2 tablespoons of pan juiced for added flavour.
FOR SAUCE:
  1. When chicken is done and cooked through, arrange chicken skin-side up in the pan (if cooking with skin); add the garlic between the chicken and fry until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add the honey, water, vinegar and soy sauce. Increase heat to medium-high and continue to cook until the sauce reduces down and thicken slightly (about 3-4 minutes).
  2. Garnish with parsley and serve over vegetables, rice, pasta or with a salad.
Notes
*For chicken breasts: use 3 breasts, sliced horizontally in half. Sear breast fillets on each side until golden and cooked through (about 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fillets). Continue directions from the sauce, onwards.
**For oven baked, bone-in thighs: Preheat oven at 400°F or 200°C. Sear chicken in an oven proof skillet or pan, skin side down first for 3 minutes. Flip and sear for a further 3 minutes until browned each side. Then bake in the oven for a further 20-25 minutes, until completely cooked through and no longer pink inside. Continue directions from the sauce, onwards.

Easy-Honey-Garlic-Chicken-cafedelites-23.jpg

© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.