Do You Honestly Believe Men And Women Are Created Equal ??

Centaur

Potential Star
Registered
ok scenario

take it back to high school

if you were to cheat, whos paper would you most likely sneak a peak @ and take an answer from?

1.the dude next to you:smh:

2.the girl next to you;)

p_2570605.jpg

women are smart man..they just make dumb ass decisions many times :smh:

Being intelligent has nothing to do with sex. I remember going to school with some smart ass ninjas and some dumb ass bitches who didnt know shit!

know some like that right now!
:hmm:

T.o.R.

Star
Registered
no disrespect, but you should probably use the entire phrase when dealing with both sides of the coin (how wives to submit to husbands and how husbands should love their wives)...

Ephesians 5:22-33

By definition, doesnt "submit" imply that one is the master of another, thus making them unequal in authority?

Love doesnt imply authority.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
if we're created equal...then why does chivalry exist?

Why are we always expected to hold doors?
is something wrong with your arms you lazy bitch?
why do we always have to walk on the side of the street where the cars are zooming by? Would you get hit by a car for me ...Miss. We're All equal?
Why do i have to get up and let you sit down after i worked the same lenght of hours as you?
Have Women recently been genetically engineered to get more tired than Men?

like someone stated before, theres different interpretations of equality. I think the problem comes in when females act like stubborn bitches & always wanna have their way.

T.o.R.

Star
Registered

A wife being submissive to her husband is also often misinterpreted. this simply means respecting his position as head of the house hold. If he's playing his part and she playing her part then there should be no problems.

But my brother, life today is not like it was as described in biblical days. Women have assumed roles that were once considered masculine and men have like wise taken on duties that were once a woman's job. So if you're gonna quote the bible, u must first analyze it in its true sense. :cool:

When you say "misinterpreted", by whom? I have seen and personally met many in the black church who interpret this to mean "I am to do whatever my husband asks, whether I agree or not" . And if in fact there are two humans, and one is designated "HEAD" as opposed to "co-" by definition doesnt that make them unequal? If submit was not intended, why not use respect instead?

And obviously, weight is not necesarrily proportional to strength, the point I m making is you cant make a blanket statement that ALL women are less _________ vs men. Generalities yes.

Lesane Crooks

Support BGOL
Registered
regardless of religion, there are just some designated roles that each sex is called to play.

and physical strength has nothing to do with your weight. because i have seen very big women lack the ability to pick up heavy items and a very small man comes and moves it effortlessly.

As far as roles are concerned...

just by law of nature, the woman is the one that gives birth and takes care of the children so naturally women have nurturing characteristics.

The male is harder and more protective so of course he takes on the role of the leader and guardian.
come on now, i mean even scientifically we are built different.

The woman is also much more fragile than the man. Parts of a woman's body that is soft is the exact opposite on a man. Men are built up with larger bones and more muscles where as women have more fatty tissues.

A wife being submissive to her husband is also often misinterpreted. this simply means respecting his position as head of the house hold. If he's playing his part and she playing her part then there should be no problems.

But my brother, life today is not like it was as described in biblical days. Women have assumed roles that were once considered masculine and men have like wise taken on duties that were once a woman's job. So if you're gonna quote the bible, u must first analyze it in its true sense. :cool:

Egg-zacktily!

I was listenin to the recent michaelbaisden show where they were talking about this with reference to Domestic Violence. Where people skew -for various-reasons- the basis of submittance is that it is more akin to a command structure as opposed to a dictatorship. Just like in the military accountability flows both ways. A domination/abusive type situation doesnt contain that element and thus goes outside of the range that typical submission calls for. Unfortunately the flip side is that in our society women have a natural requirement of leadership and when you dont provide it for them its creates a cascade of frustration-doubt-disrespect. It sounds chauvenist but it took me a loooong time to realize that respect is the name of the game and in this playing field its not earned by someone "liking you" enough. I played the man-woman are equal game and I came up short. Looks good on paper but doesnt translate to real world.

Colin approved answer to tha OP: Hell to the naw

Elaborated answer to tha OP:

This question imo is one of the better questions to get at the nature-nurture argument cause there are definite ways in which males/females are superior to one another by nature and some others which our society breeds with memes branching down into each group within.

Physical differences being the most obvious dont support that one sex is better simply being the other side of the coin as previously stated. Just simply what is the preference from a specific point of reference. Is childbirth a +/-?

Mentally there may be slight differences due to biological compositions but are basically the same. Of course the small differences allow for varying ways of comprehending/expressing hence the right/left brain differences between genders.

Emotionally imo is almost completely a nurture case. Which doesnt consider the effects of testerone/estrogen... But by and large we have honed males to exhibit "strength" by being generally apathetic and unfazed at the same time teaching our women that over-emoting is a sign of "authenticity" and as a de facto bargaining chip.

As far as relationships with most of the successful long term unions ive come across its always a separate but equal deal. A mother/wife is the core/caregiver and without her the family unit implodes on itself. A husband/father is the glue/provides structure and without him the family unit falls apart at the seams. :yes:

"This is a mans world but it wouldnt be nothin' without a woman or a girl"
-JB

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Men & women are equal but, different in the same way an apple is equal yet different than an orange. Both have similar qualities & both have distinct qualities.

What roles one chooses, or is forced to be in, doesn't equate to their intrinsic qualities.

Chess005

Support BGOL
Registered
Men and women are not created equally.

That's like saying a Positive charge is the same as a Negative charge. However, they both need each other to produce energy.

We can live equally but nature didn't intend for us to be created equally.

followup

BGOL Investor
no. and anyone who believes so is lying to themselves.

Are we able to do 90% of things in life exactly the same/equally? YES. It's that 10% of special abilities that each half has had since the beginning of time that will always make us unequal.

By the way, for the morons who have no sense of logic.

UNEQUAL DOES NOT MEAN ONE GENDER IS INFERIOR TO THE OTHER :rolleyes: