California Spending $216,000 Per Juvenile Inmate

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
¶California spends $216,000 annually on each inmate in the juvenile justice system. In contrast, it spends only $8,000 on each child attending the troubled Oakland public school system, according to the Urban Strategies Council.

¶For most of American history, we had incarceration rates similar to those in other countries. Then with the “war on drugs” and the focus on law and order in the 1970s, incarceration rates soared.

¶One in 10 black men ages 25 to 29 were imprisoned last year, partly because possession of crack cocaine (disproportionately used in black communities) draws sentences equivalent to having 100 times as much powder cocaine. Black men in the United States have a 32 percent chance of serving time in prison at some point in their lives, according to the Sentencing Project.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/opinion/20kristof.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
America's most ass backward...

schwarzenegger.jpg

360KNOWLEDGE2

Potential Star
Registered
This isn't all arnolds fault, seriously. We have an extremely powerful prison guards union here. They pay off politicians and get benefits up the wazoo, which contributes to the costs of jailing people. PLUS, prisoner health care costs a GRIP out here and its mandatory for the state to have it. Fucking prisoners have better health care than most of the people in this state.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
the state contracts for the juveniles are all padded as fuck so the govt assholes can get kickbacks

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
3 strikes and out rule that is packing their prisons, guy stole some socks, got put away for life.

You increase a person likelihood of committing more crime from the exposure to other criminals. Lot of the crimes is age-related stupidity.

Plaxico and Vick are two people that should have never been put in prison.

destrehan

Star
Registered
this is the purest evidence the system is a complete racket designed for the destruction of the brown human for a profit. the only explanation of how this sorry ass country let prison become a profitable business by private companies. they all get a kickback off this shit. it truly is modern day slavery. and there has been tons of info posted on why no matter what you do if you get in the system you have to pay money to get the demons off you. even after you serve time you gotta pay restitution. then you gotta pay while you on probation...shit is a machine designed to do one thing

DESTROY

owl

BGOL Investor
for 3 hots and a cot? :confused:

Right.

This isn't all arnolds fault, seriously. We have an extremely powerful prison guards union here. They pay off politicians and get benefits up the wazoo, which contributes to the costs of jailing people. PLUS, prisoner health care costs a GRIP out here and its mandatory for the state to have it. Fucking prisoners have better health care than most of the people in this state.

the state contracts for the juveniles are all padded as fuck so the govt assholes can get kickbacks

Okay, that makes more sense...I'm like i don't spend that much on myself a year, and I'm grown with things to do...

AtlSportsFan

Star
Registered
3 strikes and out rule that is packing their prisons, guy stole some socks, got put away for life.

You increase a person likelihood of committing more crime from the exposure to other criminals. Lot of the crimes is age-related stupidity.

Plaxico and Vick are two people that should have never been put in prison.

If Plax & Vick had "acted like Rich-ass Mofos" and "massaged the System", rather than acting like Thugs and "fighting the System" then they would have gotten little to NO PRISON TIME.

Vick could have simply acted RICH and "negotiated a deal" with the BLACK State DA and got a slap on the wrist" and a Suspended Sentence or Probation, instead he fought AND STALLED and since he was "famous", the FEDS got involved, and then his ass was done.

Plax's first offer was for 30 days, he would have gotten out in 20 to 24-days with good behavior, NO ONE ever does the full stint on STATE CHARGE, unless you are fighting guards & shit, and since Plax IS RICH he could have negotiated those 24 days to be served at a Local County Jail and on weekends and have that shit split up, or he could have made an "offer" that Rich Folks get away with--less DAYS IN JAIL for Public Service announcements, and Community Service type shit. Instead Plax "fought the system" and was adamant that he WASN'T GOING TO DO ANY JAIL TIME, he tried to "punk" some CACs that had an easy Conviction lined up on his ass. Plax basically "negotiated" a 30-day Jail term in 2-years in State Prison.

No such thing as age-related stupidity, there are plenty of young people that don't commit Crimes and go to College or do something else to contribute POSITIVELY TO SOCIETY.

I do agree that 3-Strikes Laws need to have a lot of leeway for the Judges & DAs to decide who really needs to have the key thrown away and who needs "something else" that is cheaper for the Taxpayers.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Right.

Okay, that makes more sense...I'm like i don't spend that much on myself a year, and I'm grown with things to do...

360knowledge may be right that healthcare and co salaries are driving those costs but I personally have never seen a state or fed org that didnt have sweetheart hookups somewhere paying more for shit than you would anywhere else.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
These town hall crabs would never complain about this. I wonder how they feel about jailbirds having better health and dental plans than their "wholesome American asses".

Last edited:

modelmaker

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
unfortunately, the only way to reverse this trend is to take a page from overseas and actually invoke DEATH penalties faster (deter more from entering in the first place), removal of any perks (have them eat the same malnutritional diet food, no exercise, and caged 23.5 hours a day)... and video trial (to remove transporting from prison to jail cell.

treat them lil juvee bastards like everyone else, and that will scare em into not doin things at all.
now, as it stands, kids gotta do THA ILLEST SHYT to even get locked up.:smh:

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
CAN'T COSIGN THAT

BECAUSE THIS SHIT IS NOT IRRESPONSIBLE

IT IS CLEARLY INTENTIONAL DUE TO CORRECTIONS OFFICERS UNION

RUNNING THE STATE GOVENMENT.

THE PRISON UNION WAS ONCE ONLY 2600 STRONG IN CALI, NOW ITS 50000.
so you think its responsible to pay that kind of money for those kids?

CO Union doesnt run shit. The politicos just wont fight them because they are faggots who dont want to be perceived as fucking over pseudo-pigs. Meanwhile they will slap healthcare workers down into poverty and then go have lunch.

It is irresponsible governing and administration of state assets.
No other way to describe it.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
unfortunately, the only way to reverse this trend is to take a page from overseas and actually invoke DEATH penalties faster (deter more from entering in the first place), removal of any perks (have them eat the same malnutritional diet food, no exercise, and caged 23.5 hours a day)... and video trial (to remove transporting from prison to jail cell.

treat them lil juvee bastards like everyone else, and that will scare em into not doin things at all.
or renegotiate contracts and appoint someone to examine all the juvenile system's finances

but yeah you could just start killing children :hmm:

lexdiamonnyc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

amen to that, I'm sick of hearing about killers/rapists/drug dealers going in and out of jail.........

bullets are wild cheap!! put them down from the beginning and stop wasting tax dollars!!!

masterzeek07

Potential Star
Registered
so you think its responsible to pay that kind of money for those kids?

CO Union doesnt run shit. The politicos just wont fight them because they are faggots who dont want to be perceived as fucking over pseudo-pigs. Meanwhile they will slap healthcare workers down into poverty and then go have lunch.

It is irresponsible governing and administration of state assets.
No other way to describe it.

Of course I do, what kinda question is that.

The three strikes law was pushed by the sitting governer and the

CO union was one of his largest donor.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
That doesn't make any fuckin type of fuckin sense. That's some shit that should push ppl to riot and physically throw these politicians out on the street. Makes no damn sense @ all. :angry:

California spends $216,000 annually on each inmate in the juvenile justice system. In contrast, it spends only $8,000 on each child attending the troubled Oakland public school system, according to the Urban Strategies Council.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Of course I do, what kinda question is that.

The three strikes law was pushed by the sitting governer and the

CO union was one of his largest donor.
of course you do think its responsible?

just checking if we are having a misunderstanding