The Batman (2022) Starring Robert Patterson (Spoilers Discussion Thread)

mchammertoeeesss

Rising Star
Registered
The vampire nigga???

Well... Mike Keaton was Batman.....*dunno*
ItsShowtime.gif

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
After I started thinking about it... I think this might work.

He did this movie last year that showed that he has some range and can handle an american accent.

Plus he has the height and the size for it..

He has a huge female fan base from Harry Potter days. You aren't the target audience for this casting. They know comic readers are going to go see it regardless.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
This is that movie..

Dude was tight in this.....

He was also good in this flick..

Yeah I think it might work with him..

My big issue now I guess is that... This move Officially confirms that Justice League 2 is dead.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
He has a huge female fan base from Harry Potter days. You aren't the target audience for this casting. They know comic readers are going to go see it regardless.

Yeah I had to put some thought behind this....

I keep seeing dude as just the Twilight guy but his last couple of Flicks have been really good.

Most people will probably be initially shocked by this casting..

but yeah... I think this could work. I'm updating my title.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Yeah I had to put some thought behind this....

I keep seeing dude as just the Twilight guy but his last couple of Flicks have been really good.

Most people will probably be initially shocked by this casting..

but yeah... I think this could work. I'm updating my title.
I'm sure he is at the gym right now, he will need to bulk up a bit.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
i aint mad
we get a young batman they can hopefully build around
and if you look at this dude's resume outside of Twilight he is a real actor's actor

Silencer

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Did you mean Twilight? Cuz he's mainly known for that franchise (and was only in a couple of the Potter flicks).

Anyway I've never seen any movie he's been in so I have no issue with this casting based on that. He's been getting praise the last few years for all the indie flicks he's been doing, but I haven't seen any of them to have an opinion. People complaining that he's skinny are kidding, I hope. Actors beef up for roles all the time. Some people are going to complain no matter what. People complained when Keaton was cast...and it WAS a strange casting choice: short, balding, comedic actor for Batman? But people ended up loving it (he wasn't musclebound either). Same thing when Ledger was cast as Joker. :dunno:

Snyckerbar76

Accidentally gave a fuck on Dec. 11, 2019.
BGOL Investor

Excellent observation. This move is mostly marketing, but he might be able to pull it off.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
MAIN-Nicholas-Hoult.jpg

This dude was in the running. Coming from a comic background, I'm sure he would've killed it as Batman.

Guess we'll see what this Pattinson guy can do

Reactions: fu2

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He’s going from sex symbol to bat symbol. Sources tell Variety that Robert Pattinson is in negotiations to play “The Batman” in Matt Reeves’ forthcoming superhero film, which hits theaters June 25, 2021.

While sources say it’s not yet a done deal, Pattinson is the top choice and it’s expected to close shortly. Warner Bros. had no comment.

Pre-production on the Warner Bros.-DC Comics pic is expected to start this summer.

Reeves, the filmmaker behind the last two “Planet of the Apes” sequels, assumed “Batman” directing duties from Ben Affleck in January 2017 and has been developing the elusive project ever since. Affleck and Warner Bros. began discussing the actor-director leaving the Caped Crusader behind following “Justice League,” allowing Reeves to pick his own Bruce Wayne.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/...matt-reeves-bruce-wayne-dc-comics-1203125473/

Postalone

Reborn
Registered
Smart move if you're one of the producer's of the movie. Going younger with a teen heartthrob opens up a whole new demographic and audience. It'll have to be one helluva storyline for me sit through teen girls screaming in my ears though.

neoafrican

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Makes sense to do it different this time.

He’s got that type of character down pat. Well, a vampire bat...

Romantic angle definitely on lock - tons of women paying for first week tickets along with the usual male fans.