BREAKING: INVASION HAS BEGUN..... Putin's "3-day war"... NOW... 1 YEAR 338 DAYS ...WAGNER HEAD SAYS GROUP STANDING DOWN AFTER CLAIMS OF DEAL

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

:itsawrap::lol:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Biden and Zelensky planning to meet in Washington for Ukrainian president’s first foreign trip since war began

221217163722-volodymyr-zelensky-file.jpg
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky holds a press conference with the heads of state of France, Germany and Romania, at Mariinsky Palace in Kyiv, on June 16, 2022.

President Joe Biden and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky are planning to meet at the White House on Wednesday, according to two sources familiar with the planning underway, in what would be a surprise visit that could change based on security concerns.

The visit, which hasn’t been finalized and has remained tightly held due to security concerns, will coincide with the administration’s intent to send the country a new defense assistance package that will include Patriot missile systems. It would mark Zelensky’s first trip outside Ukraine since the Russian invasion began in February of this year. His potential visit to Washington could also include an address to Congress.

The White House declined to comment on a potential visit or Biden announcement or new security assistance announcements. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wouldn’t confirm reports Zelensky would be coming to the Capitol on Wednesday, saying, “I don’t know that that’s going to happen.”

“We don’t know yet. We just don’t know,” she said.

When asked by CNN if the invitation had been made to him, she said: “No. Not until we know if he can come.”

A visit by the Ukrainian leader to Washington would amount to a significant moment 10 months since Russia’s war in Ukraine began. Zelensky has emerged as an international personification of Ukrainian resistance to the invasion and has spent much of the year asking nations for support.

He’s delivered those appeals virtually, beaming into international summits and global legislatures to make his case for more weapons and funding. He has remained inside his country for the duration of the war, a reflection both of his desire to rally his besieged country and the precarious security situation he would face outside Ukraine.

At the start of the war, Zelensky remained bunkered down in the capital Kyiv, often addressing the nation from undisclosed locations. More recently, he’s traveled to some of the war’s fronts, including on Tuesday when he visited the frontline city of Bakhmut, in the Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine. Ukrainian and Russian forces have been locked in brutal battle there for months.

Zelensky met with soldiers and handed out awards, according to his office. Video posted by state TV showed the president clad in fatigues and a flak vest presenting awards to troops. Bakhmut has seen some of the most ferocious fighting in the whole of the country since Russian forces launched their siege on the city in earnest in May, turning it into ruins.

Pelosi has been making calls to members urging them to show up to the Capitol on Wednesday over fears the chamber would be empty ahead of the holiday recess, one member said. Pelosi asked for members to be in attendance Wednesday night “for a very special focus on Democracy.”

The expectation from members, per several sources, is Zelensky will address Congress on Wednesday. But the sources caution that this may not be final yet over security concerns.

Ukraine has been calling for the US to send the advanced long-range air defense system that is highly effective at intercepting ballistic and cruise missiles as it comes under a barrage of Russian missile and drone attacks that have destroyed key infrastructure across the country.

A Patriot missile battery would be the most effective long-range defensive weapons system sent to the country and officials say it will help secure airspace for NATO nations in eastern Europe. CNN first reported last week that the US is planning to send Patriot systems to Ukraine.

CONTINUED:
Biden and Zelensky planning to meet in Washington for Ukrainian president's first foreign trip since war began | CNN Politics

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Anyone watching Zelenskyy?

He's getting more standing ovations, from both sides, than the orange turd ever got from one side of the chamber.... Mar-a-Lago must look like a fucking bloodbath with ketchup everwhere

sidebar: truth social must look like a hot mess with Trump's rants about now

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
was trying to find Ukrainian losses for comparison
this is what i got from nov
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/10/world/europe/ukraine-russia-war-casualties-deaths.html
Yeah I wouldn’t doubt that one bit. Momentum is on the Ukrainian side going forward that’s for sure. I was reading something about Russia is planning an attack from the north after Christmas through Belarus. If they can survive that (which I don’t doubt they will), Putin’s Army’s ass is grass come spring time. Lol. Trust.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
was trying to find Ukrainian losses for comparison
this is what i got from nov
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/10/world/europe/ukraine-russia-war-casualties-deaths.html

This is a good start:

Ratio of injured to killed is typically 3:1 (think WWII) but modern Western militaries (NATO) have a much better ratio (anywhere from 10-17:1).

Russia, not so much. :smh:

Think back about what we saw some from the russians in terms of gear and actual treatment of the wounded etc:

FRfkd9-XsAAh-8p

Russian kit above, Ukraine kit below :smh:

You are going to lose more attacking than defending which Russia did in the early days. As Ukraine recaptured territory, the overall casualties surely increased but only time will tell what the exact ratio of wounded to killed ends up being. A difference of 7:1 compared with maybe 3-4:1 is a lot fatalities when you are talking 100K plus casualties...

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I wouldn’t doubt that one bit. Momentum is on the Ukrainian side going forward that’s for sure. I was reading something about Russia is planning an attack from the north after Christmas through Belarus. If they can survive that (which I don’t doubt they will), Putin’s Army’s ass is grass come spring time. Lol. Trust.

Who could have ever predicted that troops fighting in Ukraine need winter kit? :smh::lol:

Shoigu's palace:

560B4D10-4ADA-403A-BA01-9E02AA174BC1_w1080_h608.jpg

I am sure those missing 1.5MM winter uniforms paid for something equally as impressive somewhere...

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

Who could have ever predicted that troops fighting in Ukraine need winter kit? :smh::lol:

Shoigu's palace:

560B4D10-4ADA-403A-BA01-9E02AA174BC1_w1080_h608.jpg

I am sure those missing 1.5MM winter uniforms paid for something equally as impressive somewhere...

The Russians have “misplaced” 1.5 million winter uniforms that were about to be send to the Russian soldiers in Ukraine.
tumblr_mhej9pPEyS1rmspe4o1_400.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend