BREAKING: INVASION HAS BEGUN..... Putin's "3-day war"... NOW... 1 YEAR 338 DAYS ...WAGNER HEAD SAYS GROUP STANDING DOWN AFTER CLAIMS OF DEAL

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
Xh3jSYH.png
As a human being I really do empathize with these poor guys. I remember the reports from the second Iraq War of ill equipped Humvees getting blown up by IEDs. These poor Russian bastards, about to run into American Firepower and British trained Ukrainian troops while holding Rusty ass rifles, and the worst part about it winter is coming.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nooooooooooo....Ya don't say :rolleyes2:

I opined this two months ago :cool:

Well the notion is, Ukraine has been eliminating Russia’s armory depots in the region and crippling its ability to reinforce themselves for thousands of miles. This is all compounding the logistical challenges Russia is facing right now. Unless their Chinese, Iranian or N. Korean buddies do a massive air drop for them within the next coming weeks, I could see this getting uglier for them. They literally can’t move, been sitting ducks for weeks.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That gotta hurt :itsawrap:

I know you understand the symbolism and actual military value of this but for those who don't know:

The Crimean Bridge (Russian: Крымский мост, tr. Krymskiy most, IPA: [ˈkrɨmskʲij most]), also called Kerch Strait Bridge or Kerch Bridge, is a pair of parallel bridges, one road, one rail, spanning the Kerch Strait between the Taman Peninsula of Krasnodar Krai in mainland Russia and the Kerch Peninsula of Crimea. The bridge was built by Russia after it annexed Crimea at the start of the Russo-Ukrainian War. It has a length of 19 km (12 mi),[d] making it the longest bridge Russia has ever built,[13][e] and the longest bridge in Europe.[14][11][15] Besides transportation, Russia intended the bridge to support its claims to Crimea.[16][17]

Putin woke up from his birthday hangover to this shit

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Russia at this point is at a fork in the road….. they really tried to use trump to open up that door through the Republicans to America and I think the CIA and the DOJ got hip to that a long time ago. Putin is not a well man and his days are numbered but before he checks out, he may push that button going out the door….if no one standing in between him and that button :itsawrap:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I know you understand the symbolism and actual military value of this but for those who don't know:

The Crimean Bridge (Russian: Крымский мост, tr. Krymskiy most, IPA: [ˈkrɨmskʲij most]), also called Kerch Strait Bridge or Kerch Bridge, is a pair of parallel bridges, one road, one rail, spanning the Kerch Strait between the Taman Peninsula of Krasnodar Krai in mainland Russia and the Kerch Peninsula of Crimea. The bridge was built by Russia after it annexed Crimea at the start of the Russo-Ukrainian War. It has a length of 19 km (12 mi),[d] making it the longest bridge Russia has ever built,[13][e] and the longest bridge in Europe.[14][11][15] Besides transportation, Russia intended the bridge to support its claims to Crimea.[16][17]

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yo I was this day old when I found out that fucking bridge was built in 2016? by Russia :oops:

It was Putin's first and last strategic way of getting in and out of Crimea. Apparently the bridge was shittily built. Ukraininas have been trying to destroy bridges in their country with 3 and 4 attempts, this bridge collapsed at the first explosion. lol

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yo I was this day old when I found out that fucking bridge was built in 2016? by Russia :oops:

It was Putin's first and last strategic way of getting in and out of Crimea. Apparently the bridge was shittily built. Ukraininas have been trying to destroy bridges in their country with 3 and 4 attempts, this bridge collapsed at the first explosion. lol

:lol:

Same thing I was thinking. Given this was the barrel from a BMP you already know all you need to know about the materials and workmanship of the bridge.

RhuRTNpVQ962GWn2JpwOwuPZLPSUtiw915Kpp3TdH-k.jpg

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

:lol:

via @Facebook

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Morale is plummeting in Putin’s private army as Russia’s war in Ukraine falters

Kyiv, UkraineCNN —
The Ukrainians’ bodies lay side-by-side on the grass, the earth beside them splayed open by a crater. Dragged to the spot by Russian mercenaries, the victims’ arms pointed to where they had died.

“Let’s plant a grenade on them,” a voice says in husky Russian, in what appears to be a plan to booby-trap the bodies.

“There is no need for a grenade, we will just bash them in,” another says of the Ukrainian soldiers who will come to collect the bodies. The mercenaries then realize they have run out of ammunition.

These events seen and heard on battlefield video, exclusive to CNN, along with access to Wagner recruits fighting in Ukraine, and candid, rare interviews CNN has conducted with a former Wagner commander now seeking asylum in Europe, combine to give an unprecedented look at the state of Russia’s premier mercenary force.

While problems of supply and morale, as well as allegations of war crimes have been well documented among regular Russian troops, the existence of similar crises among Wagner mercenaries, often described as President Vladimir Putin’s off-the-books shock troops, is a dire omen for Russia’s war in Ukraine.

In the shadow of the Kremlin
Wagner forces have for several years enjoyed global notoriety. But as Putin’s “special military operation” in Ukraine comes apart at the seams, and the announcement of a “partial mobilization” for much-needed conscripts has prompted more than 200,000 Russian citizens to flee to neighboring countries, the cracks in this supposedly elite force are showing.

Since its creation in 2014, Wagner’s mandate, international footprint and reputation have swelled. Widely considered by analysts to be a Kremlin-approved private military company, its fighters have battled in Ukraine since the Russian invasion in 2014 and in Syria, as well as operating in several African countries, including Sudan, Libya, Mozambique, Mali and the Central African Republic.

With a reputation in Russia as a reliable and valuable force, Wagner private soldiers have bolstered Moscow’s global interests and military resources, already stretched fighting a war in Syria in support of the Assad regime. As CNN has reported, their deployments have often been key to Russian control of lucrative resources, from Sudanese gold to Syrian oil.

Read CNN’s special report on Putin’s Private Army.

Enter your email to subscribe to the CNN Fareed Zakaria global analysis newsletter.
close dialog

Receive Fareed Zakaria’s Global Briefing
Including insights and must-read world news.

Activate Fareed's Briefing
By subscribing you agree to our
privacy policy.
Flaunting modern equipment in recruiting videos, with heavy weapons and even helicopters, they resemble US Special Forces.

“I am convinced that if Russia did not use mercenary groups on such a massive scale, there would be no question of the success that the Russian army has achieved so far,” Marat Gabidullin – a former Wagner commander who was once in charge of 95 mercenaries in Syria – told CNN.

In touch with former comrades now fighting in Ukraine, Gabidullin said that Russia’s use of mercenaries has ramped up as the Kremlin’s execution of its war has fallen into disarray. Ukraine’s Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov told CNN that Wagner troops were being deployed in the “most difficult and important missions” in Ukraine, playing a key role in Russian victories in Mariupol and Kherson.
The Kremlin did not respond to CNN’s requests for comment.

Limited official information about Wagner and long-standing Kremlin denials about its existence and ties to the Russian state have only added to its infamy and allure, while helping the group to cloud analysis of its exact capabilities and activities.

In reality, though, Wagner – like Russia – is struggling in Ukraine, according to the video testimony of the group’s own mercenary fighters.

Lack of experience
More than seven months of fighting have thrown a harsh light on failings in Russia’s military performance in Ukraine. Russia’s small gains, especially compared to Putin’s initial ambitious targets in the war, have come at huge cost, decimating frontline units and starving many of manpower, as well as critically important experience.

Battlefield experience is one of two factors ex-Wagner commander Gabidullin – who left the group in 2019 and has since published a memoir of his time working for them – says separates mercenaries from regular Russian troops, the other being money.

“The backbone of these groups was always made up of very experienced people who had passed through several wars anyway,” he told CNN.

After serving as a junior officer with an airborne unit in the dying days of the Soviet Union, Gabidullin returned to military life as a Wagner recruit following Russia’s 2014 invasion of eastern Ukraine. He said many key Wagner personnel may, like him, have previously fought in Ukraine as well as in Syria, gaining valuable combat experience alien to most regular Russian troops.

“They have more weighty, more meaningful experience than the army. The army are young soldiers who were forced to sign a contract, they have no experience,” he said.

It’s what makes such paramilitary forces in Ukraine, of which Wagner is just one, so valuable to Russia.

CONTINUED:
Wagner forces: Morale is plummeting in Putin's private army as Russia's war in Ukraine falters | CNN

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This one has english captions. Amazing that russian propaganda is indistinguishable from GOP political messaging at this point. :smh: :smh: