Black protestors heckle Obama

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Black protestors holding a banner reading "What about the black community Obama?" heckled Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama in Florida on Friday.

Three men stood up as Obama was talking about the economy during a townhall meeting in St Petersburg in Florida, a key battleground state in Obama's duel with Republican John McCain in November's election.

"What about the black community?" the protestors chanted, prompting Obama's crowd of supporters to chant his slogan "Yes We Can" to drown them out.

"Excuse me, young man, this is going to be a question and answer session, so you can ask a question later," Obama told the protestors.

"Sit down. You'll have a chance to ask your questions, but you don't want to disrupt the whole meeting. Just be courteous," he said, before going back to his prepared remarks.

Obama garnered huge support among African American voters during his Democratic primary campaign against Hillary Clinton.

But last month, civil rights icon Jesse Jackson, in a lurid remark picked up by a live television microphone, accused Obama of "talking down to black people," reviving the debate about race in the 2008 campaign.

Obama, son of a white mother from Kansas and a Kenyan father, has made a concerted attempt to ensure that he is not perceived solely as a "black candidate" during his campaign, even though he is trying to become the first African American president.

On Thursday, the McCain campaign accused Obama of playing the "race card" himself after the Illinois senator said Republicans would try to highlight the fact that he did not look like other presidents featured on US dollar bills.

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/150_1217610871"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/150_1217610871" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OWNED!!!!

I bet that dude was a regular on BGOL... always Uninformed but quick to bitch.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Obama handled the matter pretty well but you have to ask yourself;
were the hecklers' goal to seek help or support for the issues their
issues, or, were their goals simply to attempt to embarass the candidate ???

QueEx

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

QueEx

Que I think I'd go with the latter because these dudes didn't bother to factcheck their questions first. Matter of fact, I was listening to the Michael Baisden show when he acted a plum fool trying to get a reaction statement from the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Obama campaign put out a statement within 40 minutes of being contacted about the Jena Six. Hillary put up one the next day. That's how I knew them ig'nant niggas didn't bother do their research.

monsterman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

QueEx

I say it's both. But hey, what do you expect? We live in a nation where apparently ignorance is bliss.