BGOL Ongoing Formula One Thread: 2024 Season

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only bright spot I've taken away from this season is that Vettel is getting his ass kicked by his teammate and proving what most fans have suspected for awhile.

Alonso is making the car look so much better than it is, but if he left after this season I wouldn't blame him one bit.:smh:

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only bright spot I've taken away from this season is that Vettel is getting his ass kicked by his teammate and proving what most fans have suspected for awhile.

Alonso is making the car look so much better than it is, but if he left after this season I wouldn't blame him one bit.:smh:

Kimi, looking like amateur hour all season. Got me wondering how good that Lotus was last year and how much Grosjean had to play second fiddle in the races to him.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Kimi, looking like amateur hour all season. Got me wondering how good that Lotus was last year and how much Grosjean had to play second fiddle in the races to him.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

Vettel always been a bum so it's no surprise he's getting spanked lmaoo

Didn't he lose to Alfonso? Shit even the stig don't want to be that dude's teammate :lol:

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
race doesn't come on until 5:30 here :hmm::angry::angry:

Watched the qualifying yesterday.. Ferrari out :smh::lol::lol::dance:

Formula is being broadcast on NBC Sports Live Extra there you can catch Practice and Qualifying runs. http://stream.nbcsports.com/f1/?pid=50&referrer=http://www.nbcsports.com/motor-sports/f1/2014-formula-one-nbc-tv-schedule Not sure if they had broadcast the race in realtime. I too had to wait till 5 to see the race, but you can watch it again on the link. You need to be a cable subscriber or something like that to log in.

I kind of wish Rosberg Mercedes didn't have powertrain trouble, I want to see Hamilton come from behind and take the win right from him head to head. But I'm glad Lewis gotten the W, now he's only 4 Championship points behind Nico.

I find it interesting that Ricciardo RedBull driving is far superior than Vettel, and RedBull is trying to put the blame on Renault engineering, but in that case then how is it that Ricciardo is getting podium finishes and out driving Vettel?

Haas Racing maybe using Ferrari engines to power their cars for the coming 2016 season, I wonder if Alonso will jump ship and drive for a US Team.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I won't bash Kimi after this season. He's been a good driver his entire career sans this one. I just think the F14T is that bad, and yes Lotus has a very good car last season. It seems Ferrari for the last 6-8 seasons have cars with no traction out of slow corners. It's just normally offset by them having one of the better cars in the straights and long sweeping corners. They dropped the ball(as did Renault) with the power unit and there's no redeeming quality about the car. It shows how great Alonso is to be competitive in what seems to be a typical Ferrari offering as of late. I love my boys but I hate seeing Vettel win title after title and he's nothing more than a B+ driver and have Alonso toil away at Ferrari wasting his talent.

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Formula is being broadcast on NBC Sports Live Extra there you can catch Practice and Qualifying runs. http://stream.nbcsports.com/f1/?pid=50&referrer=http://www.nbcsports.com/motor-sports/f1/2014-formula-one-nbc-tv-schedule Not sure if they had broadcast the race in realtime. I too had to wait till 5 to see the race, but you can watch it again on the link. You need to be a cable subscriber or something like that to log in.

I kind of wish Rosberg Mercedes didn't have powertrain trouble, I want to see Hamilton come from behind and take the win right from him head to head. But I'm glad Lewis gotten the W, now he's only 4 Championship points behind Nico.

I find it interesting that Ricciardo RedBull driving is far superior than Vettel, and RedBull is trying to put the blame on Renault engineering, but in that case then how is it that Ricciardo is getting podium finishes and out driving Vettel?

Haas Racing maybe using Ferrari engines to power their cars for the coming 2016 season, I wonder if Alonso will jump ship and drive for a US Team.

I don't get nbcsports so I just watch it on Univision. Yeah it's in Spanish, but the racing is the same.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Lewis is such a great driver. If only he would think a little bit more he'd be way up on Rosberg.
Anybody who says Vettle was all RB-8 doesn't know shit about F-1.
Ferrari isn't comfortable with the new formula, they will be back.
Right now everybody is chasing the mercs. Separating the turbo got them massive power. All merc engine cars are quick this year. I mean Williams? Come on.
Double points in Brazil. Can Lewis stay close enough? Or will the German-Austrian connection hold him back? Laudi is a snake. Watch him.
God I love F-1.

And you can always count on Grosjean and Perez to wreck somebody.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lewis is such a great driver. If only he would think a little bit more he'd be way up on Rosberg.
Anybody who says Vettle was all RB-8 doesn't know shit about F-1.
Ferrari isn't comfortable with the new formula, they will be back.
Right now everybody is chasing the mercs. Separating the turbo got them massive power. All merc engine cars are quick this year. I mean Williams? Come on.
Double points in Brazil. Can Lewis stay close enough? Or will the German-Austrian connection hold him back? Laudi is a snake. Watch him.
God I love F-1.

And you can always count on Grosjean and Perez to wreck somebody.

Sorry bro. Vettels fall from form tells me everything I already suspected. The Ferrari is STRUGGLING... Yet Alonso is still driving up to his standards even if his car isn't flattering his ability. He's also murdering his teammate. Vettel is doing neither. How do you allow a new driver to come into a team basically built around you and beat you in equal machinery??? I won't call him trash, but F1s elite he isnt.

Star
Registered
The truth always hurts, wonderboy is showing his true colors. Btw how in the word that sutil mechanical faiiure didn't bring the safety car, is incredible how far is charlie whiting willing to go in order to mess with hamilton.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Sorry bro. Vettels fall from form tells me everything I already suspected. The Ferrari is STRUGGLING... Yet Alonso is still driving up to his standards even if his car isn't flattering his ability. He's also murdering his teammate. Vettel is doing neither. How do you allow a new driver to come into a team basically built around you and beat you in equal machinery??? I won't call him trash, but F1s elite he isnt.

I hear you, but, you don't win 4 driver's championships by luck. The new car is more to Ricciardo's liking then Vettle's. You know nobody really knows how new formulas play out the first year. There are cars with unexpected mods that become legends because of the tech they find within the forula. Like the Lotus, Williams and McLarens back in the day. And Ferrari since day one. And teams can't make major changes until after the season. Does anybody really think Kimi is this bad? Or Massa this good?
After the season the drivers will have the teams build the car they really want. Watch, next season everybody will have a separated turbo.
I dislike Vettle as much as the next man, but the dude can drive. You can't blame him for having a good car. Remember, the RB-8 was getting smoked on the straights, Vettle ripped the turns, and that's where most of the driving takes place.

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lewis Hamilton went from last spot in Hochenheimring Germany to 6 spot. Probably the best racer this year next to Rosberg.

The best next to Rosberg?! are you smokin' crack LH on his last three races placed later the 6th place and finished podium on all three. You would think that would be a big deal with in F1. And coming for 20th would have wore some drivers out, it's takes a lot of skill to maneuver past 17 F1 cars, and finish in 3rd place, damn this brother can't catch a break.

SLY

International
International Member
Lewis Hamilton car catches on fire during qualifying. Starting last in the race tomorrow. :angry:

There's definitely a conspiracy against the only black man in this cracker dominated sport. I can't see him being allowed to win another championship :smh:

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lewis Hamilton car catches on fire during qualifying. Starting last in the race tomorrow. :angry:

There's definitely a conspiracy against the only black man in this cracker dominated sport. I can't see him being allowed to win another championship :smh:

You think cats are sabotaging his car? I dunno. That's seems like a bit of a stretch.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor

wtf!! same team, same cars, but HIS shit is always fucking up?!! :hmm::smh:

SLY

International
International Member
You think cats are sabotaging his car? I dunno. That's seems like a bit of a stretch.

Well there was talk on Friday about Mercedes having talks with Vettel in view of a 2016 move. I think it's clear as day that they'd prefer an all German lineup. Once Rosberg wins the WDC, they'll discard of Hamilton. :smh:

This whole BS about Hamilton's reliability problems being down to 'Bad luck' doesn't wash with me. I'm a baby in wisdom, but I'm not a fool. :hmm:

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well there was talk on Friday about Mercedes having talks with Vettel in view of a 2016 move. I think it's clear as day that they'd prefer an all German lineup. Once Rosberg wins the WDC, they'll discard of Hamilton. :smh:

This whole BS about Hamilton's reliability problems being down to 'Bad luck' doesn't wash with me. I'm a baby in wisdom, but I'm not a fool. :hmm:

Wow. They want bum ass Vettel instead of Hamilton?! Ok, that's insanity. Vettel is no where near on Hamilton's level.

And I did some reading on Lewis' problems. Dude has had issues for the last six races straight. Something is going on with that mercedes team and Hamilton.

Could Hamilton have a better chance at winning with Ferrari or Redbull?

SLY

International
International Member
Wow. They want bum ass Vettel instead of Hamilton?! Ok, that's insanity. Vettel is no where near on Hamilton's level.

And I did some reading on Lewis' problems. Dude has had issues for the last six races straight. Something is going on with that mercedes team and Hamilton.

Could Hamilton have a better chance at winning with Ferrari or Redbull?

Man Ferrari haven't built a good car since 2008. Alonso's skill is the only reason he kept Vettel honest in '10 and '12.
Redbull are about to lose Adrian Newey, so they may not be as dominant as past years. I'd like to see Lewis go back to McLaren as I think the exclusive Honda partnership could bring success back to the team.

I don't know man. Hamilton's been getting screwed from his very first season back in 07 when the team(McLaren) failed to bring him in for new tyres. There's a wider conspiracy against Lewis and these mechanical issues will follow him to any team he chooses to drive for. I'm quite convinced of that.

Moore

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Lewis' fuck you to his Mercedes bosses was very interesting just now.

Nope Rosberg not passing me today :lol:

Iron Man

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Roseberg lost the lead, no way should Mercedes should had even considered on having Lewis pull back and let him pass. :angry: If Hamilton's car don't break down "again" and with his current streak Hamilton should be able to take the championship this year. Coming from Pit to Podium it's no doubt that LH is a far more superior driver than Nico.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
Happy for Hamilton. And Alonso is having a hell of a year. Dude been driving shitty cars, and now he finishes this race in second place, with some shot tires.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
I'm an F1 novice, so it's just now becoming very clear to me, what others have already been stating in this thread: Vettle is just an average driver

Last edited:

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Brilliant drive by Lewis.
history is that the first season after major changes in the formula you have 1 or 2 teams ahead of everybody else. as the season goes on the pack tends to close the gap.
Mercedes are not sabotaging Lewis. to think so is ridiculous. they would lose constructors points. duh.
the fact is the #1 driver gets more attention than the #2 driver.
Niki Laudi says we wants them to race but he never reined in Roseburg. hmmm.
I dislike Vettle but he is a top 5 driver, he just doesn't like the car. Ricciardo does and I sure wouldn't put him in the top 5 yet. As much as I can't stand Alonso racist ass, he is the best F1 driver out there.

Lewis is so good but his strength is his weakness. He's full bore every time all the time. and sometimes you have to be smart and not so quick. but if you try to change him you take away his strength. I only hope he'll "get it" before he can't drive F1 anymore.