ATLHeads: Anybody know of a good public track to run?

bionicbrown

In all 9 areas...
Registered
Trying to get my sprinting/HIIT going.

g-track1-lg.jpg

the Imm font

Star
Registered
thru any ghetto with an expensive chain on or a new pair of Jordans. Not only will this teach you how to be the fastest runner in the area might even learn the skill of out running a bullet

Lilyodi

Star
Registered
LMAO @ the Bowen Homes comments. Exactly what area are u in though? I have a place that I go to when I want to do some HIIT myself.

bionicbrown

In all 9 areas...
Registered
LMAO @ the Bowen Homes comments. Exactly what area are u in though? I have a place that I go to when I want to do some HIIT myself.

Little Five Points. I would do the Freedom Park Trail, but it seems more suitable for jogging. I'm looking for a track.

egatsby

Rising Star
Registered
oh okay, so that Grady track is open to the public?

I think as long as there is no school activity going on you can run there. But here are all the trails/tracks in ATL. Its that time of year im bout to go get me a few miles in myself:yes:

5 Top Running Tracks in Atlanta

1. South: Reynolds Nature Preserve, Morrow, Clayton County
The preserve has over four miles of dirt and wood chip trails. The large outer loop is a mile and a half. It passes two lakes, a pond, and a small creek and has a serious incline on the southwest side. This thickly wooded park keeps the sun at bay in the hot Atlanta summers and abates the winter breezes. It’s a real gem.

2. North: Roswell Riverwalk, Roswell, Fulton County
This flat paved path snakes five miles along the Chattahoochee River, through parks and neighborhoods. It’s a great place to do speed workouts. City planners intend to connect this fabulous path to the Alpharetta Greenway, another terrific linear park for exercise enthusiasts in north Atlanta.

3. West: Silver Comet Trail, Smyrna, Cobb County
Soon to be an interstate path, the Silver Comet Trail (SCT) was built over railroad tracks. The trail currently provides over 30 miles of paved path. The SCT winds through beautiful landscapes. Many inline skaters, walkers, and bikers share this superb course with runners, so be sure to use proper passing etiquette.

4. East: Stone Mountain Park, DeKalb County, Stone Mountain
A 1.3 mile trail leads to the top of the mountain. You can jog up and down, but I don’t advise you make this your first mountain run. It’s steep in several places, and you’ll need appropriate shoes for the changing terrain. Otherwise the mountain park hosts a great selection of running possibilities. There are nature trails and the road around the base of the mountain is five miles in length. Albeit all paved, the scenery while rounding the mountain is astounding and well worth the trip.

5. Midtown: Piedmont Park, Atlanta, Fulton County
Atlanta’s central park has as fine mix of tar and turf for runners. The Atlanta Track Club has provided several water fountains in the park, making it easy to stay hydrated in the heat and humidity well known to Atlanta. If you prefer city streets, then take a turn around the perimeter of the park. It’s a nice 5K with sidewalks all the way

bionicbrown

In all 9 areas...
Registered
5. Midtown: Piedmont Park, Atlanta, Fulton County
Atlanta’s central park has as fine mix of tar and turf for runners. The Atlanta Track Club has provided several water fountains in the park, making it easy to stay hydrated in the heat and humidity well known to Atlanta. If you prefer city streets, then take a turn around the perimeter of the park. It’s a nice 5K with sidewalks all the way

Oh well, fuck it. I'll go to Piedmont. I ain't driving out to all these other places. Thanks dude, preciate it.