Apple iPhone sales in South Korea break 1 million units

divine

Superstar
BGOL Investor
Apple iPhone sales in South Korea break 1 million units [North Koreans invent new morse code technique]
from IntoMobile - Cell Phone News, Information, and Analysis by Stefan Constantinescu

koreaniphone.jpg

The Apple iPhone, the Jesus Phone, the phone that changed everything, the phone that enslaves young children in a prison built by the tyrannical Steve Jobs, or whatever you want to call the damn thing, has broken the 1 million units sold barrier in South Korea. Available exclusively on SK Telecom, who once had a stake in the U.S. market with the Helio MVNO before selling it to Virgin, but are now thinking about coming back by investing in the yet to be built LightSquared LTE network, the iPhone has been selling since the end of June of this year and is expected to break the 1.2 million units sold barrier early next month. Those extra 200,000 sales are from customers who pre-ordered the iPhone 4. SK Telecom’s biggest competitor, the 2nd largest operator in town called KT, says that they’ll have sold up to 2.5 million Samsung Galaxy S units by the end of the year.

Why the cock fight? Smartphone penetration in South Korea is still surprisingly less than 10% with only 7 out of every 100 people owning a device with an operating system that supports native applications. That’s a bit of a shock considering how that country is leading the world in both broadband adoption and new cases of internet addiction. You’d think these guys would want to maintain their plugged in state of mind while they go and shop for groceries. Total mobile phone penetration in South Korea stands at 50 million subscribers for 48 million people, which means that every man, woman, and child has a mobile phone and a few lucky people have two.

With Apple invading South Korea, imagine how Samsung and LG feel? While I wouldn’t go so far as to say they single handedly transformed their country from one who exports vegetables and grains into a nation of people addicted to Star Craft, they did contribute a significant part of the dramatic rise of standard of living that took place over the past 50 years.

Copyright © 2005-2010 IntoMobile. All rights reserved. Use of this feed is limited to personal use. Portions of this feed may be used with attributions, however, publishing of this feed in its entirety for public or commercial use and/or misrepresentation by a third party is not allowed. p9jxMDO3f0

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Those Asians love their cell phones and the infrastructure is set up to handle large cell phone traffic better than the US.

But Korea still smell like shit hot day. :smh:

Devilstrider

Rising Star
OG Investor
Those Asians love their cell phones and the infrastructure is set up to handle large cell phone traffic better than the US.

You been there? If so it's because your now used to the smell. Just like when people come here they are not used to the smell.

divine

Superstar
BGOL Investor

:lol:

You been there?

I spent a few weeks in South Korea and I never got used to the smell. I stayed in a "5 star" hotel and it had rat droppings everywhere. You never get used to that smell.... it's in the air.. it's everywhere. whew.

Devilstrider

Rising Star
OG Investor
:lol:

I spent a few weeks in South Korea and I never got used to the smell. I stayed in a "5 star" hotel and it had rat droppings everywhere. You never get used to that smell.... it's in the air.. it's everywhere. whew.

Damn nigga what hotel you stay in? My boy over there and he has not complained.

Devilstrider

Rising Star
OG Investor
I don't know the name.. I don't read Korean.

He has not complained? Did he say it's "nice" over there? If so, he will be the first! :lol:

Shit he has pics and shit. He's stationed on Seoul. How you know it's a 5 Star hotel if you can't understand Korean. Also Korea uses English as its second language and most top hotels have their name in English as well.

divine

Superstar
BGOL Investor
Shit he has pics and shit. He's stationed on Seoul. How you know it's a 5 Star hotel if you can't understand Korean. Also Korea uses English as its second language and most top hotels have their name in English as well.

Seoul is like a different Country. That is like Hong Kong is to China and what Tokyo is to Japan. Tell him to go to another city in Korea and get a whiff of that smell. I was in Osan.

How do I know it was 5 star? Uhh it had 5 stars next to the ratings. :hmm:

Devilstrider

Rising Star
OG Investor
Seoul is like a different Country. That is like Hong Kong is to China and what Tokyo is to Japan. Tell him to go to another city in Korea and get a whiff of that smell. I was in Osan.

I feel you. But that's where he is and what he experienced.

divine

Superstar
BGOL Investor
I feel you. But that's where he is and what he experienced.

I;m sure. I also went to Japan (Northern) and thought it was a shit hole (and it was).. when I went to Tokyo I thought I was in a different country. It was like NYC!