anyone up on this show called "kath and kim"...australian version?

dopemcee

Banned
HIlarious show.. if you can understand what they're saying.. comedy.

apparently americans are gonna jack it and probably ruin it.. cuz they lack the smarts to actually come up with anything original.. they just take overseas ideas and market it like their own..

*coughs* the office *coughs*

blackbastard

Potential Star
Registered
Yep, I'm up on it. U.S. programming has this unique way of making things...not unique. When they do get it right and have something hot, they make sure to shut it down in a season or less to make sure people don't get hip to it. I'm sure that lightning will strike twice.

The problem with the U.S. is that we don't create culture, we vampirize it. :)

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
the stars of the forthcoming U.S version..i give it about half a season
kathandkim_001.jpg

Kath & Kim is an upcoming American version of the Australian television comedy series of the same name, which will debut as a Fall entry on NBC's primetime lineup on October 9, 2008, where it will air on Thursday nights. It will also air on Global in Canada;the premiere dates in other parts of the world are not yet announced. The Australian version was created by its original stars, Jane Turner and Gina Riley, who will serve as executive producers and consultants on this version as well, which will be co-produced through Reveille Productions and Universal Media Studios.

NBC confirmed that actress Molly Shannon was cast in the role of Kath,and Selma Blair in the role of Kim. It should be noted that even though they are playing mother and daughter, Shannon is actually only eight years older than Blair(Shannon was born in 1964; Blair in 1972). However, this ties in with the Australian version, as Jane Turner and Gina Riley are in fact the same age.