Tech Biz: Amazon delivery driver quits mid-shift, abandons truck and packages

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
I don't know if Amazon does this but they should offering some sort of incentives after a certain amount of packages are delivered.
you do. it's called overtime.

these arguments i'm reading in here are ridiculous.

yes he has the right to quit and be angry if he feels he's not being treated fairly, but to sit there and abandon a vehicle and post on social media where to find it with keys in the ignition he fucked himself. i wish one of our drivers would pull that shit.

he can't even get unemployment benefits now for that stunt.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I ain't mad at young dog. I've quit hella jobs on the drop of a dime. "Oh its break time, I'm out this bitch"

I'm just mad i ain't see his post to pull and see what those packages were hittin for. Cuz he didn't drop that bitch far from me
Famo I’m taking the whole truck, asking questions later

It’s prolly checks in that bitch

That was a goldmine breh

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The last straw is the last straw. I decided to leave my last job over something that seamed trivial, but I had enough. Got hit up for another job and landed it, didn't look back.

@LordSinister what kind of work were you doing offshore? Did you find a better opportunity and said fuck y'all or was it like a 3 month contract to stack money? 15 hour days for three months straight is insane.
You seen captain Phillips?

He’s the captain Now.

Last edited:

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was a black college educated black man working in Louisiana. Of course they weren't going to promote me. I forced the issue, did all of the supervisor training and tech modules.

Went to Africa and worked as a supervisor, didn't get the pay bump and was the least paid guy there even though I was in charge.

Went back to the office and they said they didn't know if I could do the job of a supervisor. I said I've been doing it for 6 months in Africa.

Anyway, normally I'd have to quit for a year to switch to International within the company, but they needed people in Africa right away. I accepted the offer then the US office was like we will pay for your flights and bump you to senior tech 1. I politely declined and immediately was making more than double.

If I hadn't got the experience and just told them fuck off, I would have missed an opportunity. I don't like youngsters getting emotional over a fucking job. My company was letting me know it was a cac brotherhood offshore in the gulf.

So when opportunities happen to do shit work in Korea or Singapore I did it. Job in Norway that nobody wants to do? Gimme.

So while most cac's were comfy, getting promotions for bullshit jobs, I learned and worked on everything. From building them shits in the factory, installing them in Korea in the shipyard to testing new models and troubleshooting why our umbilicals were breaking fibres.

Once I got to Africa it took me only 6 months to make Supervisor. Once I got my own system it took another year to make senior supervisor and max out my pay.
You a real nigga

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
You seen captain Phillips?

He’s the captain Now.

tumblr_n4l75gZgJ01rd2ow6o1_500.gif

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
you do. it's called overtime.

these arguments i'm reading in here are ridiculous.

yes he has the right to quit and be angry if he feels he's not being treated fairly, but to sit there and abandon a vehicle and post on social media where to find it with keys in the ignition he fucked himself. i wish one of our drivers would pull that shit.

he can't even get unemployment benefits now for that stunt.
Im referring to offering incentives during regular time. Offering them x amount of oay for each package delivered beyond the standard.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
Im referring to offering incentives during regular time. Offering them x amount of oay for each package delivered beyond the standard.

drivers were just paid a bonus last week.

on top of that there are hourly incentive wage increases working certain hours of the day that range from 3-5 dollars more an hour for working.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Some questions for the fam' ...

- Ever quit a job and regretted it soon thereafter?

- Or the opposite ... quit something & had a complete Life 180 & only great things since?

- Happy with your current employment, or already retired?

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
So the niggas wasn’t getting 5 hrs of OT each day working until 10pm? Lazy no drive having ass nigga.. You dumb niggas are the fuckin worst.. he could’ve used that experience and go drive for fed ex as a independent contractor with his own route making bank..

bum ass nigga was making over 1200 a week and that’s including OT.. that’s damn near 60k a year in Detroit.. clown ass nigga

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So the niggas wasn’t getting 5 hrs of OT each day working until 10pm? Lazy no drive having ass nigga.. You dumb niggas are the fuckin worst.. he could’ve used that experience and go drive for fed ex as a independent contractor with his own route making bank..

bum ass nigga was making over 1200 a week and that’s including OT.. that’s damn near 60k a year in Detroit.. clown ass nigga
Extra clown ass nigga.…goofy nigga if u ask me.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The kid is only 22 years old. If the vehicle and parcels inside are ok, I think he'll be fine. Even if some of that shit comes up missing, so what? Some white women have to wait a couple more days for another pair of yoga pants. :dunno:

He himself said it was immature and irresponsible which it was. Being upset at missing a party-especially in the midst of this pandemic, shows his maturity level isn't that high, but I don't think any long-term issues will arise from it. I'm sure everyone on this board had it all figured out at 22 tho'.

I guess I just see this is as being similar to walking off any entry level job- not a big deal, another worker bee will pick up right where he left off.

I don't think the kid is lazy. he said he's been doing this shit for 5 months - they are just pushing him harder and harder. I daresay if ANY of us who work a 9-5 had our workload more than double, WE would have something to say about it as well. Some of us might even be motivated to seek employment elsewhere. (although I'm sure we would all be much more professional about it)
Right at least Amazon could compensate him with a bonus or something for delivering before deadline or delivering more than scheduled

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:lol:i know exactly what he was going through. I tried it and quit not even two weeks in! They overload you with work then there are so many technical issues with the "rabbit" which is the scanning device and GPS. Hot summer days carrying large boxes up and down steps in apt buildings.
I was making more than that but still was not enough. Almost all of us were there cuz of Covid related issues. One brother was a laid off pilot.

Majority of the flex driver positions are subcontracted anyway. So your not technically working for Amazon directly.
Bezos should at least give bonuses to drivers who beat delivery time or exceed
scheduled number of packages delivered

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He did what he did.. There's convicted felons that killed people that have came back out and ended up changing their life around and made good money in construction, culinary arts, etc... Ya dudes act like young dude can't switch up and do way better... He made a decision that he feels was best for him and now hopefully he finds a better path that brings him more money with less hassle... Work smarter not harder... Remember the brain is the most powerful piece to the body.. You can use your brain without moving your hands but you can't use your hands without using your brain

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Amazon is the 1 of the worst companies out there in terms of the way they treat their employees, thats why they spend $10 mil a year in preventing a union being formed

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I see your point but this nigga is still a bitch for how he went about it.

Some questions for the fam' ...

- Ever quit a job and regretted it soon thereafter?

- Or the opposite ... quit something & had a complete Life 180 & only great things since?

- Happy with your current employment, or already retired?

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Amazon is the 1 of the worst companies out there in terms of the way they treat their employees, thats why they spend $10 mil a year in preventing a union being formed

At some point, people have to realize the cruelty is the point. Corporations realize the value of labor. And could compensate fairly. But then people would understand their value. Keep ‘em broke.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
Nigga quit how he quit. He grown thats his prerogative. And please let's stop with the "oh well immigrants will do that shit."

There ain't a got damn job in America that an immigrant will do that Americans won't do. The problem is the pay. These companies operate using the slave model. They don't want to pay folks shit.

Matter of fact most Americans are underpaid. And the way we compensate is run down to Walmart to buy cheap ass shit.

These niggas love these capitalists and will slurp 'em off every chance they get but in da same breath claim da system needs to be dismantled. Corporate dick suckers. They do so hoping they get viewed in da same manner as these greedy, pedophilic, old, shriveled up capitalists that they love so much.

gman4gov

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, I was taught to take pride in any job you have. Whether it's the man flipping burgers to the CEO, just take pride in what you do and nobody can take that away from you. I can go to my death bed and know I worked hard and took care of mine. Not too many people can say that with a straight face.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, I was taught to take pride in any job you have. Whether it's the man flipping burgers to the CEO, just take pride in what you do and nobody can take that away from you. I can go to my death bed and know I worked hard and took care of mine. Not too many people can say that with a straight face.

It's all abouT war wounds..and the shit that come with it..good post.. brah