Tech Biz: Amazon delivery driver quits mid-shift, abandons truck and packages

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
That’s not hard work. Are you a an immigrant or 2nd gen immigrant?

That's not hard work??? :oops:
:roflmao2: :roflmao2::roflmao3::roflmao:
Them people out there in 90 degree heat lifting thousands of pineapples weighing 2 pounds each
for hours on end. No bathroom breaks, no cigarette breaks, no water coolers, no radio..NADA
Just stop it and stop kidding yourself PLEASE
No I ain't no damn 2nd gen immigrant , My family been here since the 1700's

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Listen, I'm NOT 22....
I WENT to college. If he can set up a better position for himself in DETROIT
making more money....DO IT.
I can talk shit, I paid my dues when I was 22 and I certainly wasn't making 96k
WORK ETHIC and forward thinking is LOST. He's 22, fuck he wants??
I'll let you answer that

Most of us on the boards aren't spring chickens so that should also give us the ability to look at both sides of the coin.
You are looking at the hours and the money. You are not looking at whether he has to make those 200 or more deliveries before he clocks out or be penalized. You don't know how physically demanding it is to do those deliveries.

Dude I have contracts with a company that saves a ton of money by using me and keeps trying to pay me less. Their logic is I can do more work and make more money. My answer to them is ok so with that logic you can pay me $1 per job and you give me a million jobs a day and I can make a million dollars a day. That usually stops their bullshit logic.

Last edited:

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Oh Shit, ROV's as in the rigs the scope out shit in the ocean? That's dope. But fuck the company that you worked for. Sounds like they had a hard working employee and treated you like shit.

I was a black college educated black man working in Louisiana. Of course they weren't going to promote me. I forced the issue, did all of the supervisor training and tech modules.

Went to Africa and worked as a supervisor, didn't get the pay bump and was the least paid guy there even though I was in charge.

Went back to the office and they said they didn't know if I could do the job of a supervisor. I said I've been doing it for 6 months in Africa.

Anyway, normally I'd have to quit for a year to switch to International within the company, but they needed people in Africa right away. I accepted the offer then the US office was like we will pay for your flights and bump you to senior tech 1. I politely declined and immediately was making more than double.

If I hadn't got the experience and just told them fuck off, I would have missed an opportunity. I don't like youngsters getting emotional over a fucking job. My company was letting me know it was a cac brotherhood offshore in the gulf.

So when opportunities happen to do shit work in Korea or Singapore I did it. Job in Norway that nobody wants to do? Gimme.

So while most cac's were comfy, getting promotions for bullshit jobs, I learned and worked on everything. From building them shits in the factory, installing them in Korea in the shipyard to testing new models and troubleshooting why our umbilicals were breaking fibres.

Once I got to Africa it took me only 6 months to make Supervisor. Once I got my own system it took another year to make senior supervisor and max out my pay.

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was a black college educated black man working in Louisiana. Of course they weren't going to promote me. I forced the issue, did all of the supervisor training and tech modules.

Went to Africa and worked as a supervisor, didn't get the pay bump and was the least paid guy there even though I was in charge.

Went back to the office and they said they didn't know if I could do the job of a supervisor. I said I've been doing it for 6 months in Africa.

Anyway, normally I'd have to quit for a year to switch to International within the company, but they needed people in Africa right away. I accepted the offer then the US office was like we will pay for your flights and bump you to senior tech 1. I politely declined and immediately was making more than double.

If I hadn't got the experience and just told them fuck off, I would have missed an opportunity. I don't like youngsters getting emotional over a fucking job. My company was letting me know it was a cac brotherhood offshore in the gulf.

So when opportunities happen to do shit work in Korea or Singapore I did it. Job in Norway that nobody wants to do? Gimme.

So while most cac's were comfy, getting promotions for bullshit jobs, I learned and worked on everything. From building them shits in the factory, installing them in Korea in the shipyard to testing new models and troubleshooting why our umbilicals were breaking fibres.

Once I got to Africa it took me only 6 months to make Supervisor. Once I got my own system it took another year to make senior supervisor and max out my pay.
Good for you bruh. That's good shit

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
Most of us on the boards aren't spring chickens so that should also gives the ability to look at both sides of the coin.
You are looking at the hours and the money. You are not looking at whether he has to make those 200 or more deliveries before he clocks out or be penalized. You don't know how physically demanding it is to do those deliveries.

Dude I have contracts with a company that saves a ton of money by using me and keeps trying to pay me less. Their logic is I can do more work and make more money. My answer to them is ok so with that logic you can pay me $1 per job and you give me a million jobs a day and I can make a million dollars a day. That usually stops their bullshit logic.

I'm looking at OPPORTUNITY BEYOND THE SACRIFICE
He stack his bread HE will have 5 trucks HIMSELF
You have to work HARD to get something worthwhile...period

Again....10k a truck

https://logistics.amazon.com/?utm_s...&utm_campaign=brand_delivery&utm_term=desktop

Reactions: BKF

FLoss

“You better learn to work with the illegals nigga”
BGOL Investor
That's not hard work??? :oops:
:roflmao2: :roflmao2::roflmao3::roflmao:
Them people out there in 90 degree heat lifting thousands of pineapples weighing 2 pounds each
for hours on end. No bathroom breaks, no cigarette breaks, no water coolers, no radio..NADA
Just stop it and stop kidding yourself PLEASE
At least they getting paid.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor

Again....10k a truck

https://logistics.amazon.com/?utm_s...&utm_campaign=brand_delivery&utm_term=desktop

Have You looked into that beyond the ADs? I Tried a few times last year and could not get any answers.
What are fees if any?
who is responsible for the up keep of the trucks?
And most important.... How much do they pay for delivery?

The fact you are pushed to make 200 deliveries and the fact they advertise people having 40 trucks, leads me to believe they are not paying much for the deliveries.
But imagine what it really takes to operate 40 employees. Payroll, vehicle maintenance, gas, insurances, etc.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Let's do the math.
He said 12 hour days (you wanna exaggerate to make it seem worst)

$15.50 an Hour X 12 Hours = $186 a Day
$186 a Day X 6 Days = $1,116 a Week
12 hours X 6 days = 72 Hours a Week
32 OVERTIME Hours @ Time 1/2 = $23.25 an Hour
32 OT Hours X 23.25 an Hour = $744
$744 OT Pay + $1,116 Regular Pay = $1860 a Week
$1860 Weekly Pay X 52 Weeks = $96,720 a YEAR

Not too bad for a 22 year old huh?
It's there if you WANT it and are HUNGRY for it #JS

Shit he sacrifice 2 years doing this, stack his bread raise his credit
He'll have the money to invest in real estate EASY and rent the shit out
or maybe
START HIS OWN Amazon delivery franchise.
It's only 10k a van.

https://logistics.amazon.com/?utm_s...ign=nonbrand_deliverygeneral&utm_term=desktop

THINK FORWARD!!!!!!!
When you work and have your eye on the prize it changes your attitude..BIG TIME
your math is WAY off.

15.5 x 8 = 124 thats his daily regular pay.

5x 23.25 = 116.25 thats his daily overtime pay.

he's making 240.25 a day.

thats 1441.5 working 6 days a week.

thats 74958 a year. but lets be realistic, nobody can do that 6 days a week.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Here's the thing.....
When you are working that many hours, you don't have ANY time for yourself at all
Lets break it down...

He's driving a delivery truck 12 hours a day, hustling, running around like a chicken with its head cut off, to drop off packages
With a job like that, you NEED a full 8 hours of sleep
Cause if you fuck up...your going to get into a car accident, or speeding ticket, or some other traffic violation

You have to be alert & on point at all times
Its not like a typical office job, where you can come to work groggy, grab a cup of coffee, bullshit around a little, etc, etc
With Amazon these fuckers want you grinding from the second you clock in, with hardly no breaks in between
And its not a typical office job where you can multitask & take care of personal stuff at the job
100% of your focus needs to be on driving, and hustling to deliver those packages at a certain time

So.....that's 12 hours working + 8 hours sleeping == 20 hours of your day already
+ lets say his commute to work is roughly 30 each way, that's 1 hour for travel, plus to say hi to the fellas at work, etc, etc
Now we're at 21 hours so far
So that only gives you 3 hours to cook, eat (breakfast & dinner), shower, shit, watch a little tv, etc, etc
Now you have to do that same routine, 6 days a week right

Here's the problem, by the time you get off work at night, damn near all business' are closed
And remember he's working all day on Saturday too
So damn near all business' are closed on Sundays
So when do you have time to do shit like run errands, take care of personal shit for yourself?
Simple shit like go get a haircut, go to the doctor, dentist, car repairs, see family, see friends, call people, go out & have fun, etc, etc
Sundays is your only day to just sit down & relax, get your mind & body right for the next week, assuming he's not going to church
Basically he's living just to work..... :smh:

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
uh quit like normal people do. yall saying good for him but the manner he left that job wont help his future. you can always leave if you dont like it. get your skills up for something better. immigrants will gladly do it. attention whoring to social media was not a good look and makes work ethic look questionable.

This is really the only proper response

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I hold a Class A CDL license and drive OTR (Over The Road)

If you are not aware, Amazon exploits the DOT regulations on vehicle size and GVWR.

They purposely lease those small vans and load them up with a specific weight load to get around not having their drivers to be in possession of Class B CDL license.

They operate those vans with a standard Class C license.

The FedEx and UPS Guy that comes to your house in that van has a minimum CDL Class B along with a HAZMAT endorsement to carry hazardous materials. UPS and FedEx home delivery vehicles are registered and insured as commercial vehicles.

When you have a CDL. You are restricted to a 14 hour day and only allowed to drive for 11 hours. During that 14 hour you have to take a mandatory 30 minimum break. ( There are exceptions, but it don’t apply to Amazon). Also with a CDL you have to have a log book that is randomly inspected by the cops at weigh stations or on the spot inspections or accidents. New DOT requirements is that all commercial vehicles must have electronic logs and a paper log book if the electronic log malfunctions.

Amazon is doing none of that with their home delivery drivers.

Amazon is just like Walmart looking for loopholes to get around the system.

Last edited:

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
your math is WAY off.

Exactly, especially when its not at his leisure, meaning, he chooses when to work those hours. Driving sounds easy but that shit is taxing on your mind and body. Plus I'll bet money they are pressured to deliver every last package.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
all these unemployed people

I understand the days are long

but what he did was some immature 22 year old shit. :dunno:

and you can't even get unemployment quitting

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hold up fam, I think those numbers might be a little off
Okay so you said the brotha gets $15.50 an hour, and works 12 hours a day?
So lets see.....

$15.50 an hour * 8 hours a day == $124
Then the extra 4 hours would be overtime getting paid time & a half
So that's $23.25 an hour overtime pay * 4 hours a day == $93
So add those numbers up == $217 every day (before taxes & before benefits, etc)
That's what he would be making if he worked a 12 hour shift at 15.5 an hour

Okay scenario #1: Lets assume he only works 5 days a week (Mon-Fri)
$217 a day * 5 == $1,085 every week (again this is BEFORE taxes & benefits)
$1,085 a week * 52 weeks in a year == $56,420 a year (again BEFORE taxes & benefits) (and assuming he doesn't take time off for sick days, etc)

Okay scenario #2: Lets assume he works on Saturday too
So that would be a 12 hour shift on Saturday, which would mean that whole day would be overtime
So..... $23.25 an hour * 12 hours == $279 for just Saturday
So.....add that to his weekly pay and you get == $1,364 a week (again BEFORE taxes & benefits)
$1,364 a week * 52 weeks in a year == $70,928 a year (if he worked Monday -Saturday for a 12 hour shift every day) (again BEFORE taxes & benefits)

For most people, for most states, the tax rate is 25%
So take away 25% from those number in bold
If he works Monday-Saturday for 12 hours every day not taking sick days off (I don't know if Amazon workers get paid sick days or not)
He would be bringing home roughly about.......... $53,000 in his pocket a year
Which is about average for most people in the US.....but look at the hours hes working to do it :dunno:

your math is WAY off.

Actually less than that
4(hrs of overtime)x 23.25 == $93
Bussin his ass from sun up to sun down for 70,928 a year

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Here's the thing.....
When you are working that many hours, you don't have ANY time for yourself at all
Lets break it down...

He's driving a delivery truck 12 hours a day, hustling, running around like a chicken with its head cut off, to drop off packages
Cause if you fuck up...your going to get into a car accident, or speeding ticket, or some other traffic violation

Its not like a typical office job, where you can come to work groggy, grab a cup of coffee, bullshit around a little, etc, etc
With Amazon these fuckers want you grinding from the second you clock in, with hardly no breaks in between
And its not a typical office job where you can multitask & take care of personal stuff at the job
100% of your focus needs to be on driving, and hustling to deliver those packages at a certain time

So.....that's 12 hours working + 8 hours sleeping == 20 hours of your day already
+ lets say his commute to work is roughly 30 each way, that's 1 hour for travel, plus to say hi to the fellas at work, etc, etc
So that only gives you 3 hours to cook, eat (breakfast & dinner), shower, shit, watch a little tv, etc, etc

Here's the problem, by the time you get off work at night, damn near all business' are closed
So when do you have time to do shit like run errands, take care of personal shit for yourself?
Simple shit like go get a haircut, go to the doctor, dentist, car repairs, see family, see friends, call people, go out & have fun, etc, etc
Sundays is your only day to just sit down & relax, get your mind & body right for the next week, assuming he's not going to church
If you're young with no kids, no skills and you still live at home do that shit. Stack for 3 years. You will be 24-25 years old with enough money to quit or work less hours. Go to school and pick up some skills. 2 years later you are 26-28, no fucking kids and a future. I understand wanting it all now but believe me reinventing yourself at 42 is a lot harder than at 22.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FedEx stopped requiring all that years ago.
I hold a Class A CDL license and drive OTR (Over The Road)

If you are not aware, Amazon exploits the DOT regulations on vehicle size and GVWR.

They purposely lease those small vans and load them up with a specific weight load to get around not having their drivers to be in possession of Class B CDL license.

They operate those vans with a standard Class C license.

The FedEx and UPS Guy that comes to your house in that van has a minimum CDL Class B along with a HAZMAT endorsement to carry hazardous materials. UPS and FedEx home delivery vehicles are registered and insured as commercial vehicles.

When you have a CDL. You are restricted to a 14 hour day and only allowed to drive for 11 hours. During that 14 hour you have to take a mandatory 30 minimum break. ( There are exceptions, but it don’t apply to Amazon). Also with a CDL you have to have a log book that is randomly inspected by the cops at weigh stations or on the spot inspections or accidents. New DOT requirements is that all commercial vehicles must have electronic logs and a paper log book if the electronic log malfunctions.

Amazon has and is doing none of that with their home delivery drivers.

Amazon is just like Walmart looking for loopholes to get around the system.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Exactly, especially when its not at his leisure, meaning, he chooses when to work those hours. Driving sounds easy but that shit is taxing on your mind and body. Plus I'll bet money they are pressured to deliver every last package.

Exactly.....A lot of people are not taking this into consideration
Can't compare that shit to a normal office job, or work at home typing on the computer type of job
I also drive a lot for a living, so I know exactly what hes going through

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

Again....10k a truck

You gotta crawl before you walk. If he's complaining about working those hours for the pay. Then I can't imagine he'd work two jobs 7 days a week.
I tell all these younger dudes to stack your money while you're young, have some fun, and live when you get older. In your 20's you should be hustling (legally) every which a way.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Exactly.....A lot of people are not taking this into consideration
Can't compare that shit to a normal office job, or work at home typing on the computer type of job
I also drive a lot for a living, so I know exactly what hes going through
Bruh I did deliveries and had a second job. I know exactly what the deal is.
Unless you smoking cigarettes all day and you're completely out of shape.
As a young adult you should be fine.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Bruh I did deliveries and had a second job. I know exactly what the deal is.
Unless you smoking cigarettes all day and you're completely out of shape.
As a young adult you should be fine.

Not for everyone. I never did deliveries, but in my 20s I worked in NY and I had to drive from customer to customer. I think that's one of the reasons I hate going to NY.

Oh and I've never smoked anything and don't drink.

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
Have You looked into that beyond the ADs? I Tried a few times last year and could not get any answers.
What are fees if any?
who is responsible for the up keep of the trucks?
And most important.... How much do they pay for delivery?

The fact you are pushed to make 200 deliveries and the fact they advertise people having 40 trucks, leads me to believe they are not paying much for the deliveries.
But imagine what it really takes to operate 40 employees. Payroll, vehicle maintenance, gas, insurances, etc.

DYOR
They will answer all your questions

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
Here's the thing.....
Lets break it down...

It's up to the individual to decide what's important to them
I know people who practically work ALL THE TIME. On call 24 hours a DAY #Fact
I know a nurse that works a 100 hours per week at times
Some people don't mind working as long as there's money behind it.
Some people don't wanna work and value their time OFF more.
But like I said, odds are you won't get ANYTHING good in life if you don't put the time in
with hard work. It's a trait that only a FEW possess

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Not for everyone. I never did deliveries, but in my 20s I worked in NY and I had to drive from customer to customer. I think that's one of the reasons I hate going to NY.

Oh and I've never smoked anything and don't drink.
Man..I use to love that shit for three reasons.

1. I was paid about the same rate as this guy every week.
2. The day/week would go by fast.
3. The bitches.."oh lawd the bitches..":lol::lol:

The bonus was that shit kept me in shape.

Working in NY would drive me crazy:smh:

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
You gotta crawl before you walk. If he's complaining about working those hours for the pay. Then I can't imagine he'd work two jobs 7 days a week.
I tell all these younger dudes to stack your money while you're young, have some fun, and live when you get older. In your 20's you should be hustling (legally) every which a way.
Honestly, most people don’t know what it cost to be successful and when they find out how much it costs them.... Let’s just say most are not willing to pay that price.

Reactions: BKF

oolong tea

Rising Star
Registered

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Man..I use to love that shit for three reasons.

1. I was paid about the same rate as this guy every week.
2. The day/week would go by fast.
3. The bitches.."oh lawd the bitches..":lol::lol:

The bonus was that shit kept me in shape.

Working in NY would drive me crazy:smh:
:lol: :lol: Bro, back in the 2010's we were posting how much money offshore pays. Cat's were all gung ho until they hear about those 12 hour workdays and 28 day rotations. Cat's turned into Captain Planet real quick and said we were destroying the planet. :smh::smh:

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
:lol: :lol: Bro, back in the 2010's we were posting how much money offshore pays. Cat's were all gung ho until they hear about those 12 hour workdays and 28 day rotations. Cat's turned into Captain Planet real quick and said we were destroying the planet. :smh::smh:
tenor.gif