► The Official Animal Wildlife & Nature Thread (feel free to post pics, articles. vids, links, Youtube, Twitter, IG, etc)

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
:lol: Man you know his lil ass got ate up by something!

They are some tough mofos. I don't see many near home (but have seen foxes & wolves), but for whatever reason there are plenty of raccoons and skunks near work. I've seen them (raccoons) look to cross 6 lanes of traffic - 3 lanes each way (feeder route to a highway a few mins away) and actually stop and look both ways, and walk back to the curb and patiently wait for the traffic to clear. Compared to cats & dogs that just dart across. Seen them fighting each other (along fences). Clawing up cats. Have had them size me up like "What?!" - while I'm crossing a street and they're doing the same.

Fuck ... I'm about 6'4" & 225lbs. Had me frozen in my tracks a few times.

I'm not trying to go to the ER with serious injuries or disfigurement.

:roflmao3: :scream:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
:roflmao3:

VICTORIA -- A promiscuous and prolific peacock has been relocated by animal control officers after setting up a new home near a Victoria apartment and causing quite the commotion.

People living across from Beacon Hill Park know all too well that this time of year is mating season for peacocks. They’re a vocal bunch even when they stay in the park, but this year, one bird took his show on the road.

“From 5:30 a.m. ’til 8 p.m. he would do his mating dance in front of our front door and attract the ladies over,” said Susan Simmons.

“At first it was really cute, but then it becomes really frustrating because of the noise.”

Residents named the peacock “Peat.” He fought off another male to claim his territory at 240 Douglas Rd.

“He owned the building, the women heard him making the calls and he would have three regulars that would sit on the fence and wait for him,” she said. “Quite a little Studio 54 glitter dance going on over here.”

According to Simmons, the peacock attacked someone in the building, so residents called animal control.

“He was getting aggressive and became very territorial,” she said. “He’s got quite a reputation."

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

2444a77b36de61c390a9d08b37c3f85e67eecc2c40a806d788a743f18e3d5f1b.jpg

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Male lion enjoying some leftovers. Lions are arguably the most widely-recognized animal symbol in all of human culture. The male lion in particular is considered the "king of all beasts" and depictions of them are meant to symbolize royalty, courage, nobility, strength and valor. The flipside of this coin - the way lions view humans - varies. For the most part, we are on the lion's pay-no-mind list, yet the safety of a human in close proximity to a lion can never be guaranteed. Lions do not usually seek out and hunt humans, but there are well-documented cases of this occurring from time to time. One such case is that of the Tsavo maneaters: a pair of male lions who in 1898 terrorized the builders of a railway bridge in Kenya over a 9 month period.

At first, the lions would take turns stalking and dragging workers out of their tents and devouring them, but as time went on and countermeasures proved ineffective, the pair became more brazen and would enter the campsite together and take a man each. As the attacks became more frequent, hundreds of workers fled the site and work on the bridge came to a halt. This triggered a response in the form of 20+ infantry being deployed to the campsite to assist in the hunt for these maneaters, and they were eventually shot and killed. In total, these 2 lions are responsible for the deaths of 135 workers between March and December 1898. Their taxidermied remains are on display at the Museum of Natural History in Chicago, Illinois.

106717198_277878103533180_8161107359271675618_n.jpg

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Male lion enjoying some leftovers. Lions are arguably the most widely-recognized animal symbol in all of human culture. The male lion in particular is considered the "king of all beasts" and depictions of them are meant to symbolize royalty, courage, nobility, strength and valor. The flipside of this coin - the way lions view humans - varies. For the most part, we are on the lion's pay-no-mind list, yet the safety of a human in close proximity to a lion can never be guaranteed. Lions do not usually seek out and hunt humans, but there are well-documented cases of this occurring from time to time. One such case is that of the Tsavo maneaters: a pair of male lions who in 1898 terrorized the builders of a railway bridge in Kenya over a 9 month period.

At first, the lions would take turns stalking and dragging workers out of their tents and devouring them, but as time went on and countermeasures proved ineffective, the pair became more brazen and would enter the campsite together and take a man each. As the attacks became more frequent, hundreds of workers fled the site and work on the bridge came to a halt. This triggered a response in the form of 20+ infantry being deployed to the campsite to assist in the hunt for these maneaters, and they were eventually shot and killed. In total, these 2 lions are responsible for the deaths of 135 workers between March and December 1898. Their taxidermied remains are on display at the Museum of Natural History in Chicago, Illinois.

106717198_277878103533180_8161107359271675618_n.jpg

When I went I Johannesburg I asked for Lion and Tiger at the Carnivore restaurant to a mixed response. They started chatting in their native tongue for about 10 min then the one guy said uh, no, we don’t serve that type of meat sir! I was disappointed. Man fuck a Lion or Tiger. I’ll eat him too! :hmm:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend