“I confess, I didn’t see this coming.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
135827138_4664246180335066_3403626306117410545_n.jpg

“I confess, I didn’t see this coming. After Hee-Hawley made his announcement the other day, I figured he’d pick up support from a handful of House whackjobs and that would be the end of it. But a dozen sitting United States Senators? Nope, not in my wildest dreams did I envision that.
But it matters not in the long run. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris WILL be sworn in on January 20th.
What we’re witnessing is as sickening and un-American as anything we’ve ever seen in American politics. Senator Ted Cruz, vile though he may be, isn’t stupid. He’s just doing what his instincts tell him to do: namely, continue to suck up to the man who called his wife ugly and accused his father of being in on the assassination of JFK. Why? Because Donald Trump may have lost in November, but he garnered 74 million votes. And if Ted Cruz has a snowball’s chance in hell of ever becoming the next Republican President, he’s going to have to tap into that base. Something neither Ben Sasse nor Mitt Romney have any further interest in, hence the 11th hour displays of courage.
Lame Duck à l’Orange and his Dirty Dozen are a once-in-a-century recipe. More rare than that, even. We’ve NEVER seen anything like this. You begin with 300 pounds of raging narcissism, stir in political ambitions, Senatorial hubris, an unbridled lust for power, shameful obsequiousness, epic cowardice, ignorance, add a dash of genuine stupidity (have you listened to Mo Brooks speak?), season with some mean tweets, then put out a call for mass demonstrations—and bake.
It’s being reported this morning that Trump conferred with these fools in a conference call last night. So while Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley are getting all the headlines, it’s not as if Trump is just an observer who stands to benefit. He’s calling the shots.
The ironic thing of course, is that we’ve known all along that Trump was capable of pulling something like this. He began plowing the field over a YEAR AGO. Remember when he said the only way he could lose was if the Democrats cheated? That’s particularly ironic, since it was also a year ago that he was impeached for trying to rig the election himself. Yeah, the fascist’s favorite formula: Accuse your opponent of what you’re up to.
Take note what it is that this Dirty Dozen is requesting. They want audits of all the states that Biden won that were “close.” Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, etc. Don’t you find it odd that they AREN’T demanding audits of Texas, Ohio, North Carolina and Florida? States that Trump won? No Democrats have contested those states.
If there’s a silver lining to all this (and I wouldn’t call it that exactly), it’s that the Republican Party as we’ve known it is no more. Mitch McConnell, arguably the most powerful figure in the party, has a full-blown insurrection on his hands. It’s the Trump Party vs the remnants of the Reaganites. McConnell did NOT want this. He wanted a smooth transition from chaos to stability, even though it meant a Democrat would be in the Oval Office. Because as long as he controls the Senate, that’s more important to him than if Donald Trump signs the bills or if Joe Biden signs them. His relationship with the former is in tatters already. Congratulating Biden/Harris on their win poisoned it forever. Trump will never forgive that, so Mitch is probably as relieved as anyone that Trump lost.
Not that anyone should expect smooth sailing between McConnell and Biden, but there is this: the two men have known each other for decades. Biden knows how McConnell operates and McConnell knows Biden’s demeanor... his positions on the issues... he also knows that he won’t be an erratic, vindictive imbecile vetoing major legislation just because someone hurt his feelings, as Trump did last week.
Don’t get me wrong; McConnell is a viper. He’s cunning and dangerous, but under certain conditions, he CAN be reasoned with—sometimes. Those conditions just may be upon us. His own caucus is in historic disarray. Many of the very members of Congress who are rejecting Biden’s victory were just re-elected themselves, during the same election, in the same states being challenged, via the same process.
I worry less about who will be inaugurated on January 20th than I do about this Wednesday. Trump has riled up the Boogaloo Boys, the Proud Boys, and who knows what other violence-prone fascists to march on his behalf in Washington. It’s so reminiscent of Germany in the early 1930s, it makes my blood run cold. But it’s real. And I truly HOPE left-wing groups stay away. Let them have one last hootenanny. Lame Duck à l’Orange, his Dirty Dozen and the 100+ Republicans in the House can have one last tantrum, then it’s onward and upward:
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris WILL take their oaths in 17 days. Nothing these crybaby fascists can do will stop that now. But the new administration is going to have to deal with the aftermath of Trumpism... and all the wreckage thereof.“
~ Bruce Lindner

tenor.gif

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The Recipe for:

Lame Duck à l’Orange and his Dirty Dozen are a once-in-a-century recipe. More rare than that, even. We’ve NEVER seen anything like this. You begin with 300 pounds of raging narcissism, stir in political ambitions, Senatorial hubris, an unbridled lust for power, shameful obsequiousness, epic cowardice, ignorance, add a dash of genuine stupidity (have you listened to Mo Brooks speak?), season with some mean tweets, then put out a call for mass demonstrations—and bake.​

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
MAGA world needs tos stop embarrassing itself and admit that Biden won FAIR AND SQUARE... by 7 MILLION votes.
135235237_4665045830255101_2311173983654285091_n.png

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
“I confess, I didn’t see this coming. After Hee-Hawley made his announcement the other day, I figured he’d pick up support from a handful of House whackjobs and that would be the end of it. But a dozen sitting United States Senators? Nope, not in my wildest dreams did I envision that.

Don’t be too surprised when we discover just how much damage Trump has caused.

Hopefully, it will be more than offset by a new and deeper resolve it has spurned in the hearts and minds of the oppressed and supporters of just causes.