Movie News: Deadpool & Wolverine (Deadpool 3) w/ Ryan Reynolds & Hugh Jackman Update: Most Watched Movie Trailer of All Time w/ 365M Views!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

‘Deadpool and Wolverine’ Rocks CinemaCon With 9-Minute Clip Featuring Hugh Jackman’s Debut and Jokes About Cocaine and Strippers​

By Matt Donnelly
Plus Icon

deadpool 3

Marvel Studios/Deadpool Twitter

Ryan Reynolds’ potty-mouthed superhero Deadpool made a Las Vegas convention hall blush on Thursday, unveiling nine minutes of vulgar and hilarious footage from the upcoming sequel “Deadpool and Wolverine” at CinemaCon.
Stacked with meta jokes about Disney’s Marvel Studios finally making an R-rated film – and just how unprepared the company’s executives are for this kind of release – the annual gathering of global movie theater owners ate up all the raunch. They also cheered for the briefest look at Hugh Jackman‘s return as Wolverine, the X-Men character he’s played on and off for years.
“Suck it Fox, I’m going to Disneyland. Get fucked,” Reynolds said in the character during the sizzle reel. He alludes to the former 20th Century Fox studio which made the first two “Deadpool” films, which later became Disney’s when they acquired the 20th Century assets in 2019.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/cannes-critics-week-rodrigo-sorogoyen-1235961466/

There were also references to cocaine use (“The only thing Feige said was off limits!” Deadpool said in the footage, which often breaks the fourth wall) and a security force mistaken for exotic dancers at a surprise birthday party for Reynolds (“I’m not new to pegging,” Deadpool tells a group of goons wielding batons, “but Disney is. And this isn’t ‘Pretty Woman.’ We’re kissing”).

The new film finds Deadpool (aka Wade Wilson) down and out and working at a used car lot after a pledge to never engage in his former superhero profession. He gets by with a ragtag team of old colleagues and friends, including a resurrected Rob Delaney, love interest Morena Baccarin, Brianna Hildebrand and the phenomenal Leslie Uggams.
He’s pulled back into the game by Mr. Paradox (“Succession” star Matthew Macfadyen), an agent of the Time Variance Authority, who feels Deadpool is ready to live up to his potential and take his place in the hall of great Marvel heroes.
Initially put into development in 2018, the film finally went into production in May 2023 in the United Kingdom. Soon after, was shuttered four months due to the SAG-AFTRA strike forcing a release date change from May 3 to July 26 this year.
The first film in the “Deadpool” franchise followed the anti-hero seeking revenge against Ajax (Ed Skrein), the man who turned him into a mutant. The second film saw Deadpool organize a team to thwart time-traveling soldier Cable (Josh Brolin) Both “Deadpool” films enjoyed robust box office success.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Kevin Feige Drops F-Bombs Introducing 9 Minutes of ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ at CinemaCon​

Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman suit up for Marvel Studios' only film of 2024.

BY AARON COUCH
Plus Icon

APRIL 11, 2024 4:10PM
Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool/Wade Wilson in Marvel Studios' DEADPOOL and WOLVERINE.

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool/Wade Wilson in Marvel Studios' 'Deadpool & Wolverine.' MARVEL STUDIOS/20TH CENTURY STUDIOS

In years past, a Disney presentation at CinemaCon would be a rather family-friendly affair. Not so this year, with the raunchy, R-rated Deadpool & Wolverine taking center stage to show off extensive footage from project.
The Disney presentation began with a “silence your phone” PSA, with Deadpool and Wolverine in costume, talking about rumors for Secret Wars, the upcoming Avengers movie. But when Deadpool tried to explain his theories for the movie, he was interrupted by a cellphone in the audience. Finally, after being interrupted several times, Wolverine lost his temper and addressed the camera with plenty of F-bombs imploring people to turn off their phones.

Later, audiences got a full-fledged look at the movie that stars Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman as the title characters and deals with the multiverse. The footage was rife with double entendres aimed at Hollywood, as well as direct references to Marvel and Disney.
“It’s fucking awesome,” Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige said to the crowd. He added he could say that because it’s an R-rated film — and proceeded to say the F-word a few more times.
Shawn Levy then came out to show off nine minutes of spoiler-free scenes. The Hollywood Reporter won’t delve too deep into what was shown, but it begins with Wade Wilson as a car salesman, retired from the superhero world. (Let’s just say he makes an oblique reference to his sexual preferences while trying to sell a car to a family.) It then transitions to the birthday party shown in a Super Bowl trailer, where Wade mentions a certain Marvel exec by name and a list of things he can’t show in the movie (including doing cocaine).

Later in the footage, Wade arrives at the Time Variance Authority, as shown in the Super Bowl trailer. It’s fair to say that the nine-minute clip of Deadpool & Wolverine drew the biggest laughter of the week. Feige said the footage was crafted by Levy and Reynolds specifically for the CinemaCon audience.
Marvel Studios is betting big on Deadpool & Wolverine, which opens July 26 and hails from director Levy. After years of putting three (or even four) films out annually, the studio is dialing back and putting all its chips on this movie. It marks Marvel Studios’ first R-rated project, and also the first franchise coming over from its acquisition of 20th Century Fox. (Fantastic Four, due out next year, will be the second.)

As Wade said in the footage: “I am the messiah. I am Marvel Jesus.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Deadpool and Wolverine director on reuniting Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman: 'Goosebumps'​

Shawn Levy recalls the first moment he got the two actors back in their superhero suits.
By
Nick Romano

Updated on April 12, 2024 01:40PM EDT

0 of 2 minutes, 25 secondsVolume 0%

Filmmaker Shawn Levy has worked with both Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman multiple times already, from Real Steel to Free Guy to The Adam Project. But seeing his pals back in costume as Deadpool and Wolverine was another kind of experience.

"This will sound like a scripted answer, but the straight-up truth is that when they first stepped out in their costumes — it was a camera test before we shot — every one of us froze. Goosebumps," the Deadpool and Wolverine helmer tells Entertainment Weekly prior to receiving the Director of the Year award at CinemaCon.

"These are my buddies; they have been for over a decade, but those guys in those suits as those characters, they become something bigger than real people," he continues. "They become icons, and it's a crazy thing that those suits have such a power."

For the first time since 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Reynolds and Jackman share the screen together as the titular Deadpool and Wolverine, coming to theaters July 26. Levy came out earlier on Thursday to present nine minutes of footage to CinemaCon attendees.

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool/Wade Wilson and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine/Logan 20th Century Studios/Marvel Studios' DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE.

Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman in 'Deadpool and Wolverine'.
JAY MAIDMENT/ 20TH CENTURY STUDIOS / MARVEL
The movie kicks off when Wade Wilson's (Reynolds) birthday celebrations are interrupted by the Time Variance Authority, the multiverse organization introduced in Disney+ series Loki, where he meets with Mr. Paradox (Succession star Matthew Macfadyen). What transpires is an R-rated jaunt across the Marvel multiverse, bringing Wade together with Logan (Jackman).

Deadpool and Wolverine marks Disney's first R-rated Marvel movie. To drive that fact home, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige dropped numerous F-bombs during the CinemaCon presentation, calling the film "f---ing awesome."

"I didn't plan on highlighting the fact that we all heard Kevin Feige swear, but when he did it three times, I realized, 'Oh s---! This is like a big grownup boy who's finally allowed to use a major potty mouth, and he's going to that well not once, not twice, but three times," Levy says. "This started off with a conversation between Ryan and me initially during Free Guy, then again very much so on Adam Project. We spent a long time writing this script together, just making each other laugh. To Kevin and Marvel, even though I had to make fun of them, there has been huge leeway, trust, and empowerment in making the movie Ryan and I had in our head."

The one thing Levy can't really talk about are all the names that have been reported and also rumored to appear in Deadpool and Wolverine, from Jennifer Garner's Elektra to previous X-Men movie characters to Taylor Swift. When asked about the latter, the filmmaker says, "I regret that I was not quicker to shut it down the first time, so I'm going to default to my very true situation, which is as much as we love each other, the fear of death is so intense in me regarding Ryan and how he desperately wants to avoid talking about all of these proliferating rumors."

At this point, who hasn't been rumored to appear in the film? "I haven't read any Tom Cruise rumors," Levy jokes. "And who knows? Maybe that's just the internet asleep at the wheel."

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
‘Deadpool & Wolverine’: Ryan Reynolds Shares New Teaser & Poster Ahead Of Full Trailer Release

Armando Tinoco
April 21, 2024

Ryan Reynolds shared a new teaser and poster for the upcoming Deadpool and Wolverine movie.

“Look, eventually, you’re going to hang up the claws and it’s going to make a lot of people very sad,” Deadpool says in the teaser. “But one day, your old pal Wade’s gonna ask you to get back in the saddle again, and when he does, say yes. I’ve always wanted to ride with you, Log. Deadpool… and Wolverine!”

The teaser was dropped ahead of the full trailer release on Monday, April 22.

Deadpool & Wolverine is set to arrive in theaters on July 26, 2024. Shawn Levy is the film director, with Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, Zeb Wells, Reynolds, and Levy credited as co-writers.

Hugh Jackman reprises his role of Wolverine in the Marvel film, which Levy said is not to be called Deadpool 3.

“As far as crafting the Deadpool and Wolverine story, I just felt privileged every day because you’re talking about two massive movie stars in their most iconic roles,” Levy told Screen Rant during CinemaCon. “It also gave me an opportunity. It’s the third Deadpool movie, but it’s not Deadpool 3. It’s a different thing that’s very much Deadpool and Wolverine. And it’s not trying to copycat anything from the first two movies. They were awesome, but this is a two-hander character adventure.”

Levy also teased that the film is “going to be gnarly” and “it’s gonna be funny,” adding that early screenings of the film “were extremely, extremely promising.”

GLtkBIib0AEYrDw.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Deadpool & Wolverine’: Ryan Reynolds Shares New Teaser & Poster Ahead Of Full Trailer Release

Armando Tinoco
April 21, 2024

Ryan Reynolds shared a new teaser and poster for the upcoming Deadpool and Wolverine movie.

“Look, eventually, you’re going to hang up the claws and it’s going to make a lot of people very sad,” Deadpool says in the teaser. “But one day, your old pal Wade’s gonna ask you to get back in the saddle again, and when he does, say yes. I’ve always wanted to ride with you, Log. Deadpool… and Wolverine!”

The teaser was dropped ahead of the full trailer release on Monday, April 22.

Deadpool & Wolverine is set to arrive in theaters on July 26, 2024. Shawn Levy is the film director, with Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, Zeb Wells, Reynolds, and Levy credited as co-writers.

Hugh Jackman reprises his role of Wolverine in the Marvel film, which Levy said is not to be called Deadpool 3.

“As far as crafting the Deadpool and Wolverine story, I just felt privileged every day because you’re talking about two massive movie stars in their most iconic roles,” Levy told Screen Rant during CinemaCon. “It also gave me an opportunity. It’s the third Deadpool movie, but it’s not Deadpool 3. It’s a different thing that’s very much Deadpool and Wolverine. And it’s not trying to copycat anything from the first two movies. They were awesome, but this is a two-hander character adventure.”

Levy also teased that the film is “going to be gnarly” and “it’s gonna be funny,” adding that early screenings of the film “were extremely, extremely promising.”

GLtkBIib0AEYrDw.jpg

Yo Feige is on full f**k it season

It's all or nothing now

Marvel we running comic movie sh*t
B. Iger, we runnin' this comic movie sh*t
The takeover, the break's over figures

God MC, me, K Feige