Deion Sanders offered the Colorado job- Official Colorado season thread

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
That list is a joke.

Bo Nix top 5????
Hey that’s the list of that site
It's time for him to settle on a position, I don't remember the last time the NFL picked a offense/defense tweener in the first round.

And no Woodson was not a tweener.

Probably because coaches didn’t want players doing more than one thing but Deion switching it up…
I think it’s crystal clear what Travis is focusing on, dude been in Texas working with an elite wideout trainer…

But corner comes natural, I expect Comani to do the same…(actually read comani, is a little more polished at wideout than Travis was coming outta high school).

Last edited:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Just for shooting those videos this guy is pulling in some major dollars.
You’re 100% correct And think about this, he’s not even the top
content gatherer for them…
I do like how he has that trucking ad @ the end of his clips…

I think for as traffic he’s 3rd…with Colorado flavored content

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
They current have 2/3, let’s see if Carter leave the state of Tennessee for Colorado

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
This a nice insightful interview with a player that was on Colorado 1-11 team. Chance hit the portal before Coach Prime got hired, got re-offered by the new staff and recently committed back to the buffs….

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
10249-D2-C-C41-C-443-D-AC24-94-E7302-D2-B92.png

Last edited:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Finally we been waiting on this….

He told us he had to do something nice, he won’t rush nothing

well he didn’t disappoint

Last edited:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

CU Buffs football assistant coach salary pool tops $4.5 million for first time​

Brian HowellMay 27, 2023 at 12:21 p.m.
Charles Kelly is slated to make $850,000 in his first year as an assistant coach with Colorado. (Cliff Grassmick/Staff Photographer)

Charles Kelly is slated to make $850,000 in his first year as an assistant coach with Colorado. (Cliff Grassmick/Staff Photographer)
The Colorado football program will have the largest assistant coach salary pool in its history this season, topping the $4.5 million mark for the first time.

Per contract information provided by CU, the 10 full-time football assistants will make a combined $4.59 million this year. Each of the assistants will have a higher salary in 2024, pushing the total to $4.95 million.

When CU hired new head coach Deion Sanders in December, it included in his contract that the university would guarantee $5 million annually for Sanders to use for assistant coaches.

The previous high was the $4.02 million for the assistants in 2022. Prior to that, CU’s salary pool had never topped $3.5 million.

Offensive coordinator Sean Lewis and defensive coordinator Charles Kelly will be the highest-paid assistants in CU history. Both received three-year contracts worth $2.7 million. Both will earn $850,000 in base and supplemental salary this year, with increases to $900,000 in 2024 and $950,000 in 2025. Prior to this year, no assistant in CU history has had a salary higher than $700,000.

Each of the other eight assistants signed two-year contracts.

Four new assistants – Tim Brewster (tight ends), Gary Harrell (running backs), Andre Hart (linebackers) and Kevin Mathis (cornerbacks) – will earn $400,000 this year and $425,000 in 2024.

Defensive ends coach Nick Williams will earn $350,000 this year and $375,000 in 2024, while defensive tackles coach Sal Sunseri will have salaries of $325,000 in 2023 and $385,000 in 2024. Receivers coach Brett Bartolone’s deal will pay him $315,000 this year and $340,000 in 2024, while offensive line coach Bill O’Boyle has a deal that pays him $300,000 this year and $350,000 in 2024.

Unlike past years, the Colorado Board of Regents no longer needs to vote on athletic department contracts valued at less than $1 million per year.

For the coordinators, Kelly and Lewis, CU would owe 85% of their remaining salary if they are fired without cause at any point during the life of the contract. If either one leaves CU for an NCAA or NFL position before the terms of their deals expire, they would owe 25% of their remaining contract value to CU in liquidated damages. That number would increase to 35% if Kelly or Lewis were to leave CU for a job in the Pac-12. No liquidated damages would be owed if either left CU for an NCAA or NFL head coaching position or an NFL coordinator job.

Prior to this year, the highest paid assistant in CU history was former defensive coordinator DJ Eliot, who signed a three-year, $2.1 million deal in 2017. He earned $700,000 in each of his two seasons at CU before he was let go after the 2018 season following the firing of head coach Mike MacIntyre.

A year ago, former offensive coordinator Mike Sanford also got a three-year, $2.1 million deal, but his 2022 salary was $650,000 and he was let go, along with the rest of the staff, following last season. CU owes Sanford 80% of the remaining two seasons on his contract, an amount equal to about $1.16 million

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
4231379-C-6916-40-A2-AEAF-ED3-ADF1-F2-B65.png

still plenty of players still unsigned, I won’t be shocked if they stay uncommitted
Well the tightend is being highly recruited at the moment…

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
This was IN THE SNOW and they didn't even play a "game" :yes:o_O
Yep…. I’m say this there’s a couple of things that matter and don’t matter about that weather….

All week the weather was pretty decent the Friday it started snowing. Sunday the weather was prefect smh, Deion was like wtf :lol: :lol: :lol:

People made their preparations for that game way in advance, so not seeing the team For the first time wasn’t an option.

Most fans who were in attendance, have dealt or deal with that type of weather often…

Give credit to the AD, he was like all these people came to see us preform, snow or not y’all go put on… when Deion asked about them cancelling or playing inside…

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Man it crazy how the overall look of these new players compared to the players that left is completely different.

Shedeur Sanders’ New Weapons Arrive at CU - The Wide Receivers Check In For Summer​

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Say bro you remember this convo,

I hope this isn’t the case.

How can you coach a team to “earn” their numbers because nothing is given, but reserve numbers for your sons and players you have a personal relationship with?

Well check this out…
Finally we been waiting on this….

He told us he had to do something nice, he won’t rush nothing

well he didn’t disappoint

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Say bro you remember this convo,

Well check this out…
My biggest concern with the team is that he has 2 sons on the team and players that he has a personal relationship with. He doesn’t have any competition on the team for Shedeur but I’m not sure that Shilo or Silmon-Craig will be the best 2 Safeties on the team. Most of the transfers that came specifically because of Coach Prime probably expect to start.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
My biggest concern with the team is that he has 2 sons on the team and players that he has a personal relationship with. He doesn’t have any competition on the team for Shedeur but I’m not sure that Shilo or Silmon-Craig will be the best 2 Safeties on the team. Most of the transfers that came specifically because of Coach Prime probably expect to start.
Was the same way at Jackson State… hell Shilo left South Carolina for Jackson…

That personal relationship is an understatement but it is what it is…
- lil Mathis been playing with them his whole life. (He’s a walk on tho)
- Dylan edwards played for prime youth team
- jimmy horn was close to going to JSU last year
- a db from FSU, was also on a youth team
So his portal selection of CU made since…
There’s a few more tooo…..

But one thing I’ve learned over these last couple months is….players and coach truly understand nothing is handed to them… (except a number if you’re Shilo, Travis and Shedeur)

I watched interviews with each new player on the Life and Football YouTube channel.
One of his main questions is, “what coach telling y’all, what he saying about playing time”
Damn near each one say, he ain’t promising nothing, that we gotta work for any and everything.

Deion Jr, have a couple videos about his rough times, he was out there trying to fig it out, borrowing money from his friends to pay rent. At the time don’t seem like he was that tight with his pops.
Don’t seem like Deion shower them with his wealth. Now, he does put them in places to succeed but they have to put in work.

He’s kicked Shilo outta meetings, off the practice field while at JSU. Shilo didn’t play in the 2022 SWAC game because he was late for a meeting.