Star Trek: Discovery Season 5 will be the final season - April 2024 debut

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
This season was terrible as in TERR I BLE.

I think I'm passing on any new seasons.

Strange New Worlds is great.

Last edited:

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Giving every main character their own episode is important to character development and difficult to do if you're focusing on one arc for the whole season.

The black communications officer only gets a couple of lines per episode. I don't even know the character's first name.

Now look at what Strange New Worlds is doing with Uhura. They're actually focusing on her and giving us the character's back story.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Strange New Worlds is decent.. the best part of the show is the dialogue between Spock and T-Spring.

4949db37-dd56-49a9-99f8-fe24eb49aba9-5d66e932-414c-4cd5-8bc3-17fbacfc6eb7-t-pring-spock-amok.jpg

she could get it

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I was waiting for Paramount to put the seasons up on CBS regular network after they aired on Paramount+, but it looks like they stopped doing that back in 2020.

I saw season one on CBS, finally said fuck it and got Paramount+ thru my cable box.

Binged season 2 and finished earlier this afternoon. Good season and picked up directly on pace with the first which was good.

Bringing in Captain Pike, the Enterprise and Spock played out well. Looking forward to Strange New Worlds after I get season 3 and season one of Picard finished before years end.

No need to repeat what has been said and I have no complaints or any nitpicking about minor silly shit that I have seen posted in this thread. I am more than happy and grateful to get what Paramount is putting out…cuz the alternative is watching dumb reality shows and stupid game shows.

I love what Paramount is doing putting their focus on these series instead of movies which drag out between releases and don’t really go in-depth with story and characters.

What Paramount is doing is probably what Warner Bros needs to do with DC and just focus everything on HBO MAX.

Put out one movie a year bringing all or a majority of characters together in one film connected to the series.

Looking forward to getting season 3 watched soon, I got a ton of shit to get caught up on and there is a ton of shit dropping this Fall that I got to watch.

I should be like the rest of these fools and quit work and bum off the system so I got time to watch TV all day.

HaHa!!!:cool:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I wrapped up Season 3 of Discovery last night.

Good season, story played out well, but the season could have been shortened by at least 3 episodes. Paramount should condense this series to 10 episodes in my opinion.

The sub-plot dealing with The Burn was interesting and how it affected the Federation and entire Galaxy. Wasn’t too keen on what the cause was, I was hoping it was some new villain or something and carry the plot into the next season.

Got some insight on the Food Replicator’s. It makes total sense when you think about it.

Looking forward to season 4, probably won’t get to it until next year. I’m watching these shows in their release. So Picard season one is next.

Hopefully get season one done by the holidays. I got a ton of shit to watch.

Maybe I should be like the rest of these folks and quit working.

HaHa!!! :cool:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I wrapped up Season 3 of Discovery last night.

Good season, story played out well, but the season could have been shortened by at least 3 episodes. Paramount should condense this series to 10 episodes in my opinion.

The sub-plot dealing with The Burn was interesting and how it affected the Federation and entire Galaxy. Wasn’t too keen on what the cause was, I was hoping it was some new villain or something and carry the plot into the next season.

Got some insight on the Food Replicator’s. It makes total sense when you think about it.

Looking forward to season 4, probably won’t get to it until next year. I’m watching these shows in their release. So Picard season one is next.

Hopefully get season one done by the holidays. I got a ton of shit to watch.

Maybe I should be like the rest of these folks and quit working.

HaHa!!! :cool:
No... leave it at thirteen or whatever.... just do them better

:cheers:

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
I was waiting for Paramount to put the seasons up on CBS regular network after they aired on Paramount+, but it looks like they stopped doing that back in 2020.

I saw season one on CBS, finally said fuck it and got Paramount+ thru my cable box.

Binged season 2 and finished earlier this afternoon. Good season and picked up directly on pace with the first which was good.

Bringing in Captain Pike, the Enterprise and Spock played out well. Looking forward to Strange New Worlds after I get season 3 and season one of Picard finished before years end.

No need to repeat what has been said and I have no complaints or any nitpicking about minor silly shit that I have seen posted in this thread. I am more than happy and grateful to get what Paramount is putting out…cuz the alternative is watching dumb reality shows and stupid game shows.

I love what Paramount is doing putting their focus on these series instead of movies which drag out between releases and don’t really go in-depth with story and characters.

What Paramount is doing is probably what Warner Bros needs to do with DC and just focus everything on HBO MAX.

Put out one movie a year bringing all or a majority of characters together in one film connected to the series.

Looking forward to getting season 3 watched soon, I got a ton of shit to get caught up on and there is a ton of shit dropping this Fall that I got to watch.

I should be like the rest of these fools and quit work and bum off the system so I got time to watch TV all day.

HaHa!!!:cool:
they usually air it on the star trek channel on pluto tv

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 4
Episode 1 - 5

Watched these episodes this morning/afternoon.

Basically continued from them time jumping 900 years and Burnham promoted to Captain of the Discovery.

The Federation after discovering the origin of the Burn, are trying to bring back the Federation, but a large number of planets are hesitant of returning. Lots of politics are coming out bringing a good sub-plot to the season.

A new threat has presented itself in the Galaxy with a space anomaly causing havoc.

Discovery’s computer has developed emotions which is against the Federation/Starfleet protocols dealing with AI.

That annoying chick Tilly blew up like a blimp after squirting out a kid prior to the season going into production. They took her character off sending her to the new Starfleet Academy. I suspect they allowing her to have time to get herself toned down in size before bringing her back.

Getting started on the rest of the season later today. Hope to get it completed tomorrow.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Like the fact they met aliens that don't look like people with make-up and prosthetics on :grin:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 4
Episode 6 - 13

Just finished the rest of the season.

They found out the cause of the Space Anomaly, which basically redirected the entire season into a First Contact themed season.

The season basically overall was giving an example of how to communicate with an alien species that is millions of years more advanced to us.

The Federation, as a result of the Burn and Space Anomaly brought more planets closer together to strengthen the Federation.

The season closed out the major storylines dealing with the primary characters to set it up for future seasons.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
SMG is fine asf but that breathy, angst-ridden shit she does all the time is wack sauce. She's a fucking captain for christs sake.

The major mistake they made, well two, was not giving her the command sooner and killing Yeoh.

Oh possibly the biggest was her and the creepy arab dude.