So when’s the housing bubble bursting?

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah you have to try all sorts of weird shit. One house we were out bid on the buyers offered 50k cash over asking and a new Range Rover. It’s like why not just offer 150k cash over. The faggots accepted that. Apparently they had a family and wanted an suv without having to haggle for a car.

Man, damn. :smh:

Can’t compete against that :lol:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
4000 sq ft house for 1 person? thats so mindboggling to me like it'd be just a big waste and a ton of upkeep, I only see houses that size being reasonable for rich dudes that got their entourage living with them or for someone trying to house hack and rent out rooms and shit

Why not? Houses appreciate more than anything else , provided it’s in a good location. They are also more enjoyable. If I were single I’d still live in a 4000 Sq Ft home.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
4000 sq ft house for 1 person? thats so mindboggling to me like it'd be just a big waste and a ton of upkeep, I only see houses that size being reasonable for rich dudes that got their entourage living with them or for someone trying to house hack and rent out rooms and shit
My new home is 6k sq ft including basement, with 3 people in it. All bedrooms are en-suite. I won’t have it any other way. There are ways to do this. You build a very efficient home by using the right materials and equipment. My heating bill is only $150/mo. Electric bill is $200/mo in the summer. The only thing that is high is landscaping maintenance.
My insurance premium is half of the rate on my old home even though the new home is worth 5 times more.

Last edited:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Bought a house back in October 2002 130000 put it on the market last November 225000 I thought my realtor was a fool and the house was going to sit. Received 2 offers one for 240000 and accepted an offer 30000 over asking in one day 255000. We knocked off 4000 for repairs got 251000 when I would've taken 180000 for that hoe.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Word.

im in a 1300 sq ft alone and sometimes its overwhelming. Not complaining, just wanted other perspective.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
yeah 1300 sq ft is a lot for a single person, only time i even seen that being well used are for creative types with a live/work loft that size where they divide that sq footage up well and its all being used

Word.

im in a 1300 sq ft alone and sometimes its overwhelming. Not complaining, just wanted other perspective.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
How does a 2500 sq ft house feel small with 3 people basically two with a baby. What state you in? 2500 sq ft here will run you in the millions.

I’m in Vegas
With a wife and a kid, it feels like they have taken over the house . Trust me it feels small (at least until I get the cleaning bill)
I need extra space for an office and home gym

like jagu said ideally I would like >3k sq feet.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
I’m in Vegas
With a wife and a kid, it feels like they have taken over the house . Trust me it feels small (at least until I get the cleaning bill)
I need extra space for an office and home gym

like jagu said ideally I would like >3k sq feet.
That’s crazy to me. I guess because I grew up in Jersey and NYC and now in California. Space is limited and giant houses are not normal. Our main house is 2300 sq ft and feels enormous. There’s four of us . Our other house is 1250 sq ft and we also feel comfortable in there too.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That’s crazy to me. I guess because I grew up in Jersey and NYC and now in California. Space is limited and giant houses are not normal. Our main house is 2300 sq ft and feels enormous. There’s four of us . Our other house is 1250 sq ft and we also feel comfortable in there too.
Lol that funny
Cause I grew up in the uk
Where our houses are fucking shoe boxes.
I don’t know. I’m thankful for what I have but I really do feel cramped.
Need something the size the guys in Atlanta and Houston have

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Lol that funny
Cause I grew up in the uk
Where our houses are fucking shoe boxes.
I don’t know. I’m thankful for what I have but I really do feel cramped.
Need something the size the guys in Atlanta and Houston have
Interesting

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My gawd there’s no way I can do anything that small. I like to move around a house and I like large master suites and open kitchen plans.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don’t mean to sound dismissive but I can’t do it man. My master suite is bigger than that house.
On the other hand I’m in Miami today shopping for a condo and I’m looking at 1600 sq Ft condos for $675k. I’m cool with that sizebecause it’ll a vacation home that I’ll rent out 6 months a year and the view will be awesome.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Our housing priorities are the same. Buying the most comfortable house that your money can buy in the most desirable location.
No doubt, Miami is risky though because they will get flooded eventually. Shit it’s already starting. Also a lot of shoddy cheap construction there . I expect more apartments to collapse as the ground starts to erode.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No doubt, Miami is risky though because they will get flooded eventually. Shit it’s already starting. Also a lot of shoddy cheap construction there . I expect more apartments to collapse as the ground starts to erode.
Well damn. I found something that I liked in Biscayne and I’ll make an offer tomorrow. If they don’t take it, I’ll stick with a house in Ft Lauderdale.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Well damn. I found something that I liked in Biscayne and I’ll make an offer tomorrow. If they don’t take it, I’ll stick with a house in Ft Lauderdale.
Check this out

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Yeah, times have changed. I grew up in a 1300 sqft home in a family of four and never felt cramped growing up. One of the most memorable homes I had been in as a kid was a 3k square ft house and I thought it was a mansion at the time. Now 3k square ft is too small for my family of 5. When it comes to comfort, 5k square feet seems to be ideal. I'm curious if having a home that big creates distance in the family though.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

Housing prices are now back to where they were right before the pandemic.

taD3wj2.png

Last edited:

Mr.Chuckles

Chuckle
BGOL Investor
Exactly. It's all about perspective.

The financial part of me looks at it like this:

I buy this home. I go hard on the payments during the first two to three years to achieve at least 50% equity in the home. I then look for a $200K - $250K home. Sell your home, guaranteeing a net of at least $50K. Put down the $50K, which will be 25% to 20% of the total which enables you to forego PMI and now your mortgage is is close to the payment you were paying for the $100K home. Rinse and repeat in a few years with a $300K home. You could even consider keeping the $100K home and just leveraging the equity to buy the second home while renting the original home.

You have to think about the long game brother. The start will always be less than optimal. But, staying the course will yield positive results.
Good formula and to add on from my experience, If you can find a local owner/developer/builder that is willing to sell to you by becoming the bank and backing your loan with them you can pull off your second investment home by using the rent/own method, this helps with bypassing the huge hurdle of buying a second property using traditional banks.