Canelo Alvarez vs Gennadiy Golovkin 3

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Weight drain might cause him issues
Nah. Bivol didn’t step on the gas in this fight. He beat Canelo with jabs, distance and basic combos. I don’t see Canelo winning the rematch without the judges. Rewatch some clips and see how his footwork was off all night, he had to reach for every shot—that’s was tired him out so soon. He has to hop twice to get into position and by then Bivol has already slid off. Bivol only sat down on his shots in combos occasionally. He’ll put harder and longer combos on that ass in the rematch; he’s too agile, young and patient for Canelo to beat.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Canelo’s stock went down big time today.

If Andrade doesn’t gas he’ll coast through Canelo. You can see why he’s ducking the good young boxers, they’ll run circles around him. Canelo’s only hope is to outlast them, and knock them out just like he did Plant. He thought Bivol would fade like Plant, but Bivol was well conditioned and Canelo’s power didn’t phase him.
Canelo couldn't hit Bivol with clean shots

Those undercuts woulda landed on 95% of other boxers

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I wanna say this tho

Ppl keep giving Canelo props and he deserves it for taking the step but

That mfer didn't do shit the whole fight so really why ppl acting like he put on a great performance that mfer only won 3 rds imo and i probably gave him 2 rds cause he was more active it could be a case he only won 1 or 2 rds so squash all those props the mfer was outclassed from beginning to end

Last edited:

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can't make adjustments for what just happened.
the 2 fights he's lost officially are with dudes who are disciplined and have IMPECCABLE DEFENSE
Canelo needs you to fuck up and tried to entice you to brawl with him

Bivol ain't brawling cause he ain't even trying to knock you out
Just punch you in the face consistently for 12 rounds and then not get hit in his.

There's no gameplan for that
I like your response, but I'll play devil's advocate... Although it's not in Canelo's style if he does more slip and shoot (counterpunching) he'd be able to get on the inside - but that requires ring movement which is not his game, he's great at just walking people down... Another tactic he could use but it's not in his game plan, is to throw combo's - he does but at a low rate, his game is to catch a punch with his high guard then throw a bomb to the body, which he could barely do yesterday... Canelo is excellent at wearing down his opponent, but those opponents also tend to fall into his trap of fighting in a phone booth with him, which is why the uppercut has been a fav punch of his but did not work yesterday... And that leads me to my final point, Canelo will need to move with some of his punches vs his usual stationary position... We all know boxing is a sport of angles and I don't think Canelo did a good job of creating those angles, but then again he never does because in the past he's been consistently good at moving forward and breaking down his opponent... Bivol's feetwork and ring awareness was on point... Great fight from the unexpected champion... Scorecards we're closer than I thought, but relieved they didn't rob Bivol...

Sidenote - looking forward to Tank vs Rollie, somebody getting zzzz'd that night

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wanna say this tho

Ppl keep giving Canelo props and he deserves it for taking the step but

But that mfer didn't do shit the whole fight so really why ppl acting like he put on a great performance that mfer only won 3 rds imo and i probably have him 2 rds cause he was more active it could be a case he only won 1 or 2 rds so squash all those props the mfer was outclassed from beginning to end
Best move Canelo made last night was arriving in that Bugatti.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I like your response, but I'll play devil's advocate... Although it's not in Canelo's style if he does more slip and shoot (counterpunching) he'd be able to get on the inside - but that requires ring movement which is not his game, he's great at just walking people down... Another tactic he could use but it's not in his game plan, is to throw combo's - he does but at a low rate, his game is to catch a punch with his high guard then throw a bomb to the body, which he could barely do yesterday... Canelo is excellent at wearing down his opponent, but those opponents also tend to fall into his trap of fighting in a phone booth with him, which is why the uppercut has been a fav punch of his but did not work yesterday... And that leads me to my final point, Canelo will need to move with some of his punches vs his usual stationary position... We all know boxing is a sport of angles and I don't think Canelo did a good job of creating those angles, but then again he never does because in the past he's been consistently good at moving forward and breaking down his opponent... Bivol's feetwork and ring awareness was on point... Great fight from the unexpected champion... Scorecards we're closer than I thought, but relieved they didn't rob Bivol...

Sidenote - looking forward to Tank vs Rollie, somebody getting zzzz'd that night
Good breakdown

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
4:25 is why is Bivol won this fight. Notice he kept his weight even on those flurries, didn’t engage in a brawl. Most important part is at around 4:30 he doesn’t change angles or levels. Had he tried to mix up those shot he would have been open for counters. Most fighters would have dug to the body but that would have left him exposed. He stabbed and got out. Discipline.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
4:25 is why is Bivol won this fight. Notice he kept his weight even on those flurries, didn’t engage in a brawl. Most important part is at around 4:30 he doesn’t change angles or levels. Had he tried to mix up those shot he would have been open for counters. Most fighters would have dug to the body but that would have left him exposed. He stabbed and got out. Discipline.
Once Bivol didn't answer that call to come to the ropes I assumed Canelo was about to have his hands full for the night... Rarely see discipline and confidence like that vs Canelo

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There strategy made sense too, give the first 4 rounds to Canelo, and expect Canelo to turn it on in rounds 9-12 and he wins easily. Cheating at its finest…

They filled out the scorecards before the fight from sounds 1-9 not expecting the fight to last 9 rounds.

But if it did and went the distance , it would be decided in the last 3 rounds just in case Bivo was doing well

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Nah. Bivol didn’t step on the gas in this fight. He beat Canelo with jabs, distance and basic combos. I don’t see Canelo winning the rematch without the judges. Rewatch some clips and see how his footwork was off all night, he had to reach for every shot—that’s was tired him out so soon. He has to hop twice to get into position and by then Bivol has already slid off. Bivol only sat down on his shots in combos occasionally. He’ll put harder and longer combos on that ass in the rematch; he’s too agile, young and patient for Canelo to beat.
I am talking about if he went down to 168

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Looking forward to seeing how the Mexican makes adjustments in rematch...

But if his cardio fades again then he's done...

He's still young but father time a mufkr
His cardio is gone. Listen to what Bivol said. He only tries to pinch abs and gets tired. Then he waits to gather strength again. He’s no longer a good boxer.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am talking about if he went down to 168
Even if he does, he just needs to get down there earlier so he doesn’t have to cut so drastically. He won’t lose. Canelo is still too big from the juice and will get gassed again and eat jabs like skittles all night. Dude has the blueprint: patience and distance. Canelo had to skip and hop just to get in range. 0-2

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Once Bivol didn't answer that call to come to the ropes I assumed Canelo was about to have his hands full for the night... Rarely see discipline and confidence like that vs Canelo
Bivol could have knocked him out; he just chose to play it safe. Next fight he drops Canelo inside 5 rounds. He felt his power, read his speed. Not taking credit from Juice Alvarez but he’s too small and the weight slows him down. Less tainted tacos.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Even if he does, he just needs to get down there earlier so he doesn’t have to cut so drastically. He won’t lose. Canelo is still too big from the juice and will get gassed again and eat jabs like skittles all night. Dude has the blueprint: patience and distance. Canelo had to skip and hop just to get in range. 0-2
Possible...far as I know Bivol has always been 175 and he is not a young fighter...would be a risky move IMO but I know Bivol sees that second big payday and will say what he needs to say to make the fight happen

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Completely missed this fight. Figured Canelo would win and wasnt even invested in seeing it. Woke up this morning and saw he lost. Damn lolz

Chills

International member
BGOL Investor
jagu said:
His cardio is gone. Listen to what Bivol said. He only tries to pinch abs and gets tired. Then he waits to gather strength again. He’s no longer a good boxer.

C'mon bruv...lack of cardio from challenging your legacy and going up in weight suddenly makes the Mexican no longer a good boxer?!

Pacing your cardio/stamina is strategic fight IQ used by all the greats. Granted, his trademark is power shots but by no means does that make him a bad boxer. It makes Bivol the better boxer that fight for noticing and taking advantage.

He wasn't knocked down or out...simply out-boxed by a solid boxer in his natural weight class.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So glad my chick never on her phone. I’ll be damn if paid all that money my chick ain’t watching.
They weren't even the worse ones of that bunch, there 2 others just to the right of the bitch with the white top and titties... They were on their phone the entire fight excluding 11 & 12

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bivol landed more punches in each round from 1 through 4 but the judges claims he lost?

based on the compubox, what rounds did Canelo win?

This fight wasn’t close.

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Didn’t see it live so I’m only going off clips. Bivol didn’t want a KO from what I’m seeing. He just boxed circles around him, all jab sammiches. Bivol took no chances and just stayed outside and kept that stick on him. I laughed so damn hard Canelo was getting touched on the ropes and Bivol pulled back, Canelo motioned for him to brawl and Bivol just stood there. :lol:

Yup, Bivol did what he had to do. Combat fighting is about exploiting your opponents weakness and most importantly, the Black philosophy of “hit and don’t get hit.” In MMA if you can’t grapple, expect your opponent to take you down to test your ground game. In boxing if you’re flat footed, slow, your opponent is going to run circles around you.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
57542839-10794327-image-a-73_1652004579981.jpg

57546927-10794327-image-a-74_1652004600137.jpg

57546931-10794327-image-a-76_1652004643639.jpg

57546915-10794315-image-a-30_1652002606631.jpg

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Boxing is like that, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, but always with your head held high. I stay with the great fight that we offered to the people. We will fight again and we will win again.