Deion Sanders is an uppity Negro!!

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is a WHOLE history of honorifics (Mr. Mrs. Dr. Sir. Ma’am…Coach) not being respected for Black people.

Not going to automatically say the reporter was racist. Although, I think it’s likely bc a lot of white folks have beliefs that carry strong racial undertones when it comes to black bodies and sports.

Atastofu

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't get why some of you are coming at the Coach Sanders....when folk call my house nothing will get yo ass hung up on quicker than addressing me by my First name...We ain't friends...its Mr....and white folk do that shit all the time....You tell them and they try to slide that First name shit in there but then tell you their name is Mr.Smith...Fuck out here...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I wonder if other Black coaches would unify and boycott that fat bastard?

what REALLY pissed me off

is that fat f*ck punk waited to do that AFTER Coach Deion gave him a COMPLIMENT

do realize the level of sucker you to to be to DO THAT?

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
JSU grad here! Blue Bengals(Tigers) Stand Up!

He told that ofay right. Men only allow parents, siblings, cousins, and close friends call them by their first name unless they say it is okay for to address them that way.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is racist and could not stand being checked by a black man.

He is a punk bitch mother fucker.
There is a WHOLE history of honorifics (Mr. Mrs. Dr. Sir. Ma’am…Coach) not being respected for Black people.

Not going to automatically say the reporter was racist. Although, I think it’s likely bc a lot of white folks have beliefs that carry strong racial undertones when it comes to black bodies and sports.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Deion gives some of best interviews. He's seen as an outlandish character and in part, he is, but there is a method to his madness. He generally has a lot of insightful and thoughtful words. Those words might get missed by a lot of "outsiders", but to those that know, know he is only trying build up the kids that play for him so they can eat just as well as he has been able to eat.

I wish him nothing but the best.

Lurk Diggler

Rising Star
Registered
Fuck that cac he tried to stand his ground and lost. At work I don’t respond to emails where people purposely spell my name wrong (2 diff ways to spell my name) I’ll correct them the 1st time but if they keep misspelling afterwards I’ll start replying later later sometimes days later my name is my name ho. Props to Coach Deion don’t really follow college football but I’m liking what he’s doing over there hope he brings some shine to HBCUs

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Remember what happened when that kid said, "What's up, Knight?" to Bob Knight?

Knight grabbed him and told him to address him as "Mr. Knight" or "Coach Knight."

I had no problem with that, but he didn't have to grab the kid, which caused him to lose his job under the "zero tolerance" clause he was under. You have to be smarter than that.

Coach Sanders had it right.

What I hate is when I see Black people have the nerve to call a Black doctor "Mr.___" on some slick shit. And I've seen the doctor either correct him or ignore it, and continue to do his job with class. Those people wouldn't have the balls to call a White doctor "Mr.___". It's just ignorant.

Last edited:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
After he corrected him he should of addressed him differently;but on some real shit if I was to see Deion I would most def call him "DEION Sanders "cause that's all I know him as,maybe I'll add coach,or hall of famer but he still will be DEION SANDERS.

But that white boy who's in the media was trying to sly one in and Deion corrected him and did what most black men should do if being addressed wrong by anyone .

d_the_inc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i figured that would be the reaction here

if you ask me they both wrong

Fuck deion.. sensitive ass....

your damn name is deion he ain't got to call you coach....you ain't his coach

now the reported kinda was a dick for callnig him deion again.. he should have just ended the interview
[/QUOTE

Fuck that...he's earned the title...respect the title...if he says call me Deion...they you have his permission to do so.

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
Fuck that CAC, it’s just like reporters had a hard time saying Mr. President Barack Obama. How many times did they call him Obama, Barack, Barry, these CACs know exactly what they are doing. I had a old black man that worked for me I always called him Mr. John. Every time one of my rich white clients came around I would always make sure they addressed him as Mr. John.