Dallas PD loss 8TB of data on ongoing cases. Some criminals have to be set free.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Damn shame that the department had no type of backup storage.....no Iron Mountain no nothin.....

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

Damn shame that the department had no type of backup storage.....no Iron Mountain no nothin.....
Their whole IT dept need to be fired lol
Or whoever they outsource they stuff to.

Madd negligent.

Allister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
800.jpeg

I wonder if this is how Amber Guyger will get out...... :idea:

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well there is a blueprint out there now. And other departments maybe hit also. And at the same time departments are calling the government yelling we need to upgrade our security systems.

Wait they lost 22TB they got back 14 TB. How does this happen. Unless it was an inside job. 1TB is 6 million office documents. Wow and I thought Tmobile was fucking up.

housefly

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What do you expect when IT departments are full of south Asian and East Asian immigrants? You don’t think maybe 5% of them could be foreign intelligence agency agents sent over to cause chaos?

That's why I got out of the game. They over here working for half price fucking up the curve.
They are supposed to have a mirror so they can;t lose the data.... Armatures

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
one time at my job, on payday- EVERYBODY got a double check. (paid for 160 hrs instead of 80). It was our boss' job to enter and approve time.

one of the cats I worked with swore up and down the manager did it on purpose, cause HE (the boss) needed the money, but it's too suspicious if only one check is inflated. So, where do you hide a tree? in the forest. Everyone got that money, including him... and we all paid it back(including him) the next pay.

This is like some movie shit- they got some evidence or something - prolly been in there for years, and something was about to get blown open, or someone was snooping around, only way to make sure shit don't get found is to nuke everything.

It's likely too late now, (god, I hope so) but I'm honestly surprised some of trump's .... uh, business associates' places of business didn't have.... similar accidents that just would had "happened" to destroy a lot of his financial and business records...

Last edited:

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
None of this make sense. I did IT in the early 2000's. Know how much steps I did daily, backup tapes, then Iron Mountain weekly tape exchanges/pickups. This 2021.

Unheard of.

Sum Ting Wong

Then you know people who for example think RAID is a backup. Or never tested their backup, or intentionally disable cloud backup "because they don't trust the cloud", or let the person responsible for backups go and no one did them since. There probably isn't no conspiracy, just normal incompetence or a manager's cost saving move finally coming home to roost.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
None of this make sense. I did IT in the early 2000's. Know how much steps I did daily, backup tapes, then Iron Mountain weekly tape exchanges/pickups. This 2021.

Unheard of.

Sum Ting Wong
Yep.....I did the same when I was a System Admin.
We had a 48 tape Veeam Backup Server.....6TB per tape..... was changing out tapes every Friday and submitting requests to Iron Mountain for pickups and tape returns.
If DPD can be this cheap and irresponsible.....I wonder how many other agencies here are just as reckless?.....smh

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Folks keep nickel and diming the IT dept: "Oh, we don't need on-site support, we can just have off-site company handle that." "Updates, nah that costs too much, besides what's the difference between Windows Server 2003 and 2012?" "Replace the tape drive with a Snap Server? That tape drive is still working fine!!!" "Veritas still works right? Then why move to Veeam?"

I wouldn't be surprised if the backups that are done only do about +100gb of data and forgot all about the other data that had been growing over the years.

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
original reports written on paper, or do they throw them away after data entry?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
one time at my job, on payday- EVERYBODY got a double check. (paid for 160 hrs instead of 80). It was our boss' job to enter and approve time.

one of the cats I worked with swore up and down the manager did it on purpose, cause HE (the boss) needed the money, but it's too suspicious if only one check is inflated. So, where do you hide a tree? in the forest. Every got that money, including him... and we all paid it back(including him) the next pay.

This is like some movie shit- they got some evidence or something - prolly been in there for years, and something was about to get blown open, or someone was snooping around, only way to make sure shit don't get found is to nuke everything.

It's likely too late now, (god, I hope so) but I'm honestly surprised some of trump's .... uh, business associates' places of business didn't have.... similar accidents that just would had "happened" to destroy a lot of his financial and business records...
That last paragraph of yours was always the rumor of why building 7 fell uhhh I mean collapsed on sept 11.. Rudy Giuliani was being investigated cause a lot of his boys were going down left and right for all kinda illegal shit..word is that building had a lot of info on files about him and possible other political figures that would’ve had them all go down.. well when them buildings collapsed investigation over