Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
HYLN posting earnings in after-hours.
If these fuckers don't report positive earnings, imma run up in their office and start letting off.
I have $8k with these bastards and my shit has been declining for months. :hmm:
My shares were assigned after I sold a covered call on them. That was a great day.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So, I'm sitting on some cash at the moment based on some winning trades...But i'm hungry as hell.

Should i hold onto that cash and see what happens to the market tomorrow etc or continue to take advantage of the sales?

i am holding to buy when it inevitably dips again tomorrow

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
:lol:

Eu7Ds-9UYAc_gng

f02sorz5b8j61.jpg

Twitter is the greatest thing ever.
We got CEOs using eggplant emojis as a diss

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :lol: :lol:

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So, I'm sitting on some cash at the moment based on some winning trades...But i'm hungry as hell.

Should i hold onto that cash and see what happens to the market tomorrow etc or continue to take advantage of the sales?

Hold that shit! At least wait for the fed to talk his shit around 2pm today. I watched and missed out on a lot of moves, because I'm out of day trades, and I'm not getting caught out there. Didn't pay attention to the fed back in 2017-18 and got wipe out because of him, and fucking CAC Trump with his China tweets!

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Check this video from the main board that was posted.

I find this very Interesting, that a Chinese company owns AMC, and their government is pressuring them to sell off assets. We got Amazon looking at maybe buying AMC.

You must’ve thought I was kidding when I said “Beijing” Biden is selling us out. :lol:

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Can you break down a covered call? I'm about to go research YT for it also.
Basically, when you own 100 shares of a stock, you get paid to list them for sale (as an option). The amount you are paid is called the "premium". If the stock price is below the strike you chose, you keep your shares and do it all over again. If the stock price is at or above the strike you chose, they give (assign) your shares to the person who bought the option.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hold that shit! At least wait for the fed to talk his shit around 2pm today. I watched and missed out on a lot of moves, because I'm out of day trades, and I'm not getting caught out there. Didn't pay attention to the fed back in 2017-18 and got wipe out because of him, and fucking CAC Trump with his China tweets!

Was away! Did it happen yet? If so what they say?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the U.S. been bought and sold.. this ain't on biden
Nah, playa. Check the market since he has been sworn in, spoke to, and got bitched at by Xi, and the Chinese stocks’ correlation has been like clockwork. Check the top gainer today. Shit is unbelievable.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
HYLN posting earnings in after-hours.
If these fuckers don't report positive earnings, imma run up in their office and start letting off.
I have $8k with these bastards and my shit has been declining for months. :hmm:

I know the feeling. I have a larger position than that in CLOV, had it when it was a spac. I feel like I'm bag holding a ton of bricks

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Basically, when you own 100 shares of a stock, you get paid to list them for sale (as an option). The amount you are paid is called the "premium". If the stock price is below the strike you chose, you keep your shares and do it all over again. If the stock price is at or above the strike you chose, they give (assign) your shares to the person who bought the option.

Good looking out man. That's what I was thinking, but wanted to be sure. So if I have a 100 shares of $SNDL at 1.28. I can sell a covered call at a $3 strike price, at 14 day period. If the stock stays under $3 at the end of the contact, I keep the premium and the stock. If the stock hits $3 and above, the buyer has the right to exercise the option at the strike price for $3 and gets the 100 shares.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Good looking out man. That's what I was thinking, but wanted to be sure. So if I have a 100 shares of $SNDL at 1.28. I can sell a covered call at a $3 strike price, at 14 day period. If the stock stays under $3 at the end of the contact, I keep the premium and the stock. If the stock hits $3 and above, the buyer has the right to exercise the option at the strike price for $3 and gets the 100 shares.

Yes, you keep the premium but the other party would have the right to exercise the option. Covered calls also limit your profit, if the stock went to $4 you would lose out on all that profit because you would have sold it at $3

HellBoy

Platinum Member

Yea, they have "the right", but from what I saw on TD and WeBull its pretty much automatic that you will give up the shares.

Yes, you keep the premium but the other party would have the right to exercise the option. Covered calls also limit your profit, if the stock went to $4 you would lose out on all that profit because you would have sold it at $3

Yes, thats what I learned. So the objective is to chip away at the overall cost basis of your 100 shares. Don't try to get a big come up on the premium, because the closer it is to the money, the more likely it is that you will lose them.