Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Quick question - looking to create another pie in my M1 account. Are these good ETFs - VTI, VXUS, QQQ, HDV, SPYD, and VOOG??

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Quick question - looking to create another pie in my M1 account. Are these good ETFs - VTI, VXUS, QQQ, HDV, SPYD, and VOOG??

Yup these are good. Just don't spread yourself too thin with funds that are too similar.

- VTI is the Total Market (Large/Med & Small caps). A lot of passive investors pour their money into this fund exclusively and get steady market returns.

- QQQ tracks the Nasdaq (tech) so its been killin since last year.

- VXUS is one of the best International Funds in my opinion. I hold it in my Roth IRA. Again steady returns.

- VOOG is good but may be too closely related to QQQ you should compare the holdings of both and maybe decide on 1

- I haven't researched HDV and SPYD too much, but same thing: they sound really similar (both dividend ETFs) so you may want to compare the holdings of both and maybe decide on 1

..remember that you are already diversifying through each individual ETF as far as a variety of companies. I'm starting to think that its better to have 2 or 3 good ETFs at most and concentrate more money into a few than it is to have a handful and spread the money thinner.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup these are good. Just don't spread yourself too thin with funds that are too similar.

- VTI is the Total Market (Large/Med & Small caps). A lot of passive investors pour their money into this fund exclusively and get steady market returns.

- QQQ tracks the Nasdaq (tech) so its been killin since last year.

- VXUS is one of the best International Funds in my opinion. I hold it in my Roth IRA. Again steady returns.

- VOOG is good but may be too closely related to QQQ you should compare the holdings of both and maybe decide on 1

- I haven't researched HDV and SPYD too much, but same thing: they sound really similar (both dividend ETFs) so you may want to compare the holdings of both and maybe decide on 1

..remember that you are already diversifying through each individual ETF as far as a variety of companies. I'm starting to think that its better to have 2 or 3 good ETFs at most and concentrate more money into a few than it is to have a handful and spread the money thinner.
Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it alot! Thanks @HellBoy and @SmaLLz

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
W9MnSSW.jpg

Sold out at 6.85.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
You got to break this down for me fam, so correct me if I'm wrong. You pick up 20 contracts the mark of $3.82 or the limit of $2.90 and sold them at $6.85?
Bought 20 contracts at 2.90, sold them at 6.85. The mark of 3.82 was the price when the screenshot was taken.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
I see it opened at $2.50. What made you get this?
Riot has been running since last week. Bitcoin hit $53k, so RIOT will run up with it. Looking at the volume and the run up for the first 15 mins after the bell, it looked like it would hit $80 today. When it touched vwap and got above the 9ma, it was time to enter.

BTW, I posted that I learned this (option scalping) strategy a week or so ago from my brother.

Today, got a lesson in option scalping from my brother. Its a nice way to make money if done correctly.

1. High Volume
2. Buy low on the RSI
2a. Watch for bounces on VWAP (signals strength)
3. Sell high on RSI
4. Rinse / Repeat

He was in RIOT all day yesterday and today.

Additional edit: It may have another run in it this afternoon. Don't buy high (chase) on RSI.

Last edited:

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
Riot has been running since last week. Bitcoin hit $53k, so RIOT will run up with it. Looking at the volume and the run up for the first 15 mins after the bell, it looked like it would hit $80 today. When it touched vwap and got above the 9ma, it was time to enter.

BTW, I posted that I learned this (option scalping) strategy a week or so ago from my brother.

Yeah I saw you traded CCIV similarly as well. Much props, get that money! 6 month options are the shortest I go.

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bought 20 contracts at 2.90, sold them at 6.85. The mark of 3.82 was the price when the screenshot was taken.

Congrats FAM!!!! If I did my math right, you made a fucking killing off that shit! You got them on the same day it they expire?

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Yeah I saw you traded CCIV similarly as well. Much props, get that money! 6 month options are the shortest I go.
Yea, long term play options are nice. Buy/Sell the same day are for scalping. You have to be sitting there watching the action the whole time though.

Congrats FAM!!!! If I did my math right, you made a fucking killing off that shit! You got them on the same day it they expire?
You don't necessarily have to get it the day it expires, just buy and sell the same day. I wouldnt hold that many contracts overnight... anything can happen after hours/pre-market.

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Additional edit: It may have another run in it this afternoon. Don't buy high (chase) on RSI.

Main thing about scalping is discipline, you MUST stick to your exit strategy even when you are winning or losing.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Eru32h5.png

The highlighted circle shows an area where a scalp could have been made. The RSI (red arrow) is low and it started to reverse. I didn't enter here because I don't trust lunch time movements. I'll be watching the power hour instead using next week's expiration date. Also notice that the chart shows in the reversal there were higher lows on the way up, but it hit a snag around $73.69.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Eru32h5.png

The highlighted circle shows an area where a scalp could have been made. The RSI (red arrow) is low and it started to reverse. I didn't enter here because I don't trust lunch time movements. I'll be watching the power hour instead using next week's expiration date. Also notice that the chart shows in the reversal there were higher lows on the way up, but it hit a snag around $73.69.
Y'all niggas are fucking on it

I love it

S/o @Coldchi

Mean Money Greene

Rising Star
Eru32h5.png

I had thinkorswim open the moment I realized the profit, this graph helps immensely too. Thank you.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's interesting that Cryptocurrency doesn't seem to have the same sympathy effect ala stocks. $BTC is tear all kinda ass..yet DOGE ain't doing shit except for dropping like a rock!

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eru32h5.png

Massive bigups for this fam!!!