Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
IDEX hit a new high today of $5.32, with a volume of 86.3 million. This is what I like to see, price and volume going in the same direction: UP!

It has the potential to make many people millionaires. I'm holding this one tight, but I admit that I'm tempted to take profits. This is a long term play for me though, and I want squeeze every ounce outta them titts when they fatten up.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
February 2, 2021 02:00 PM ET (BZ Newswire) -- M&A

Space stocks have been hot as investors look for ways to capitalize on the growing industry. Several space-related companies have taken the SPAC path to the public markets, and on Tuesday another private space company chose this route.
The SPAC Deal: Astra announced it is going public in a SPAC merger with Holicity Inc (NASDAQ:HOL) in a deal that values the company at $2.1 billion.
The deal includes a $200-million PIPE and will see Astra receive $500 million in cash proceeds after the merger closes.
The company will trade as "AST"R on the NASDAQ when the deal is completed. Current Holicity shareholders will own 12% of Astra if the merger is approved and completed.
About Astra: The SPAC deal gets Astra one step closer to its mission of improving life on Earth from space. The company was founded by Chris Kemp, who was the first chief technology officer for NASA.
Astra is a member of an elite group of companies that have successfully made it to space.
Among the segments for Astra are global broadband connectivity, internet of things, Earth observation, national security and next generation weather and GPS services.
Growth Ahead: Astra said it will begin delivering customer payloads this summer and begin monthly launches by the end of the year.

the more I read about spac the more it seems to be a way to leave shearhokders with the bag. The original investors make their money back but the ones that come in late get fucked.

it’s a Ponzi scheme

I have position in ipoe but looking to sell and just dump it into arkk

If you are interested in space might as well wait until ark launches their new etf

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
the more I read about spac the more it seems to be a way to leave shearhokders with the bag. The original investors make their money back but the ones that come in late get fucked.

it’s a Ponzi scheme

If you are interested in space might as well wait until ark launches their new etf

SPAC's in general, I've played the run-up pre-merger for a few and made some money (NKLA and LCA). IPOE is the only one that I've decided to try and hold long term. The reason being that most of the companies that merge via SPAC either aren't making money yet or don't have a solid product or proof of concept. I think SoFi does, so we'll see how that goes.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member

it’s a Ponzi scheme

I play the run ups after I learned my lesson with SPAQ/HYLN. I don't hold after the ticker change. Now, it'll be a different story if CCIV is Lucid. I'm holding that.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
IDEX hit a new high today of $5.32, with a volume of 86.3 million. This is what I like to see, price and volume going in the same direction: UP!

It has the potential to make many people millionaires. I'm holding this one tight, but I admit that I'm tempted to take profits. This is a long term play for me though, and I want squeeze every ounce outta them titts when they fatten up.
yeah Idex had great news last week.
expect it to increase with EVs. SOLO gonna pop soon as well.........both are great swings.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Yall just reminded me of when i bought 40 shares of apple with 4k..... before the first iphone. This was the first stock i ever bought, shit took a slight dip one day and i sold em
Apple done split twice
:crying::suicide:

We've all been there at one point or another. Live. Learn. Patience.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
See this is what throws me. "Going nuclear" is a negative thing in which people get hurt and deformed and such.

What does this mean?

More speficially, what price did you buy into FCEL and SINT? What do you think it will go up to? Double? 10%-15% higher?

What is your exit strategy?

I go on the white people board and they be saying corny white shit like "to the moon", "diamond hands", "go nuclear".

Like let's not do that here shall we? Each on teach one.

im jumpin in FCEL and SINT right now......gonna swing these.
i need FCEL to go nuclear.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
SPAC's in general, I've played the run-up pre-merger for a few and made some money (NKLA and LCA). IPOE is the only one that I've decided to try and hold long term. The reason being that most of the companies that merge via SPAC either aren't making money yet or don't have a solid product or proof of concept. I think SoFi does, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm no pro, just explaining what I see. While I was researching IPOE/SoFi a bit before investing, two things that convinced me was (1) the allure it may have with millenials as a one stop shop (banking, investing, loans) -- many of who are already involved with SoFi's college loan consolidation plans and (2) that it may be able to disrupt banking a bit like Lemonade (LMND) has run up and disrupted insurance. Then I just went and did a google search for one v the other to see if anyone else has talked about that similarity and noticed that they are in cahoots:

..I'm only holding 50 shares right now, but hoping IPOE can do Lemonade #'s or even half that eventually.

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor
Such a great thread that has changed some lives and will continue to change lives. This shit really has me thinking of changing my goals and looking to live completely how I want. I've got some habits I've got to break if I really want to be successful, but I'm aiming to learn everything I can and trade more as confidence grows with aims to quit my job in a couple years. Coldchi....I'm definitely going to try that strategy you laid out for your brother and roll with it and see how it goes very soon. I'm already in the crypto game so I'm accustom and leaving my feelings out of the shit. I'd just love to one day fully be able to work for myself. Thank you to all the contributors in this thread and this shit should have definitely continued to be pinned, or make a sub forum. Get money.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
This AACG got me feeling like when I would go to vegas an play craps. I know not to trade on speculation, but I've been chasing anyway. I'll just chill an wait till my contracts fill, slow an steady is the race I'm good at.

AMD calls are waaaay down, so those would be some good ones to look at. Also, ARKK came down today, makes for a good entry. AAPL is up across the board, so might have to wait for that one. Can't go wrong with XLY it is moving gradually.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
See this is what throws me. "Going nuclear" is a negative thing in which people get hurt and deformed and such.

What does this mean?

More speficially, what price did you buy into FCEL and SINT? What do you think it will go up to? Double? 10%-15% higher?

What is your exit strategy?

I go on the white people board and they be saying corny white shit like "to the moon", "diamond hands", "go nuclear".

Like let's not do that here shall we? Each on teach one.
me saying that i want a stock to go nuclear is no different than someone sayin, "i need this stock to shoot up about $50).
its not misleading at all. its just what im wishing the stock would do. What happend with GME and KOSS is a nuclear reaction to me.
the ripple effect was felt far and wide off of that surge. i bought in FCEL at 23.16........and in SINT at $2.46.
now i can't really predict what a stock could go up to......wish i could....lol. if that was the case, i would only jump in plays that would get the highest.
everybody's exit strategy is different. i normally pay attention to the support levels and volume to determine if i will stay in and swing
on a reversal.....or if im satisfied with my gains.
now those with "diamond hands"....(which is a term for risk takers) who will bag hold and keep swinging a stock in the hopes it will go higher.
i dont have a mentality like that. once im satisfied with my profits.....i exit.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good for you man. I love this. Thanks to brother @Coldchi @Tito_Jackson and others for their advice and sharing.

They know that if someone else makes money it is only good for them in the long run.

Such a great thread that has changed some lives and will continue to change lives. This shit really has me thinking of changing my goals and looking to live completely how I want. I've got some habits I've got to break if I really want to be successful, but I'm aiming to learn everything I can and trade more as confidence grows with aims to quit my job in a couple years. Coldchi....I'm definitely going to try that strategy you laid out for your brother and roll with it and see how it goes very soon. I'm already in the crypto game so I'm accustom and leaving my feelings out of the shit. I'd just love to one day fully be able to work for myself. Thank you to all the contributors in this thread and this shit should have definitely continued to be pinned, or make a sub forum. Get money.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tomorrow I am gonna try and get into FCEL and ZOM and SINT.

Anyone just invests in FUNDS? Looking at some Dividend companies but their stock prices always go down.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
me saying that i want a stock to go nuclear is no different than someone sayin, "i need this stock to shoot up about $50).
its not misleading at all. its just what im wishing the stock would do. What happend with GME and KOSS is a nuclear reaction to me.
the ripple effect was felt far and wide off of that surge. i bought in FCEL at 23.16........and in SINT at $2.46.
now i can't really predict what a stock could go up to......wish i could....lol. if that was the case, i would only jump in plays that would get the highest.
everybody's exit strategy is different. i normally pay attention to the support levels and volume to determine if i will stay in and swing
on a reversal.....or if im satisfied with my gains.
now those with "diamond hands"....(which is a term for risk takers) who will bag hold and keep swinging a stock in the hopes it will go higher.
i dont have a mentality like that. once im satisfied with my profits.....i exit.
Threw 1k in fcel at 15 i need it to go “nuclear” also

Last edited:

HellBoy

Platinum Member
LEXINGTON, Mass., Feb. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- T2 Biosystems, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTOO), a leader in the rapid detection of sepsis-causing pathogens, today announced that its T2SARS-CoV-2™ Panel—a molecular diagnostic test that detects SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19 infections—is capable of detecting the Brazil (P.1) variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which was recently confirmed to be present in the United States.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Tomorrow I am gonna try and get into FCEL and ZOM and SINT.

Anyone just invests in FUNDS? Looking at some Dividend companies but their stock prices always go down.
However, keep in mind that the dividend game is a different strategy. They are awesome for retirement income. You just need to build up over time. Plus, with dividends, in most cases, your dividend is not dependent upon the price of the stock, but on how much stock you own. The payout is generally consistent unless the company is doing badly. And if that is the case, you chose the wrong company.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I hear what you saying.

I want to have a strategy of blue chip dividends and just live off the dividends.

However it is frustrating to see the price of the stock drop.

I do not trust any company because I KNOW the price of these stock is BS and is always being manipulated.

Also any company has the potential to go out of business. $T for example, such a big company but the stock is horse sit.

$T owns WB and HBO and those companies are managed so fucking poorly it is a joke.

However, keep in mind that the dividend game is a different strategy. They are awesome for retirement income. You just need to build up over time. Plus, with dividends, in most cases, your dividend is not dependent upon the price of the stock, but on how much stock you own. The payout is generally consistent unless the company is doing badly. And if that is the case, you chose the wrong company.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LEXINGTON, Mass., Feb. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- T2 Biosystems, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTOO), a leader in the rapid detection of sepsis-causing pathogens, today announced that its T2SARS-CoV-2™ Panel—a molecular diagnostic test that detects SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19 infections—is capable of detecting the Brazil (P.1) variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which was recently confirmed to be present in the United States.
TTOO was one of the first companies i invested in when i started trading. they actually had one of the first covid tests last year.
had bought like 2,000 shares when the stock was .50 then sold when it got to like 1.67 i was still new to the shit, didnt know anything about
setting up screeners. i just had a big ass watchlist on the Teletrader app, and would check to see what stocks started moving on opening bell....lol.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just remember to set rules for yourself. Have a plan when you buy.
Its best to exit with a small gain, than bag hold or chase (FOMO) and lose a lot.
i've seen so many sob stories online where people went and took out loans Feb. 1st,,....
and put it all on GME.....and they still sittin there bag holding.....praying to God for a miracle,
and have damn near lost everything.
Don't invest what you can't afford to lose.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Last edited:

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

What companies do you think have good dividends that we can start loading up on?

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Options question:

If I buy a call and its up 200% AND I want to exercise the option to get the stock too, do I get the 200% run up of the option or can I only sell it to get that money?

*First time exercising.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
Options question:

If I buy a call and its up 200% AND I want to exercise the option to get the stock too, do I get the 200% run up of the option or can I only sell it to get that money?

*First time exercising.

The 200% profit you are referring too, that is based on selling the option. Exercising means you are buying the stock at the agreed upon option price.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What companies do you think have good dividends that we can start loading up on?
Depends on how much you want to pay and your overall strategy (being paid monthly, quarterly, etc.) but I'd start with any of the "dividend aristocrats" Look that up. It will bring up the ones with the most consistent and better paying dividends who haven't paused or cut their dividends in 20+ years. With Rona still out here I have been focusing on healthcare dividends so you have $ABBV which has a 5% dividend yield and $WBA which pays out around 4%-5%. You could also decide to go towards REITS. With so many stores and malls closed or not really near capacity plays like $FRT or $O are at good deals for now since they are the landlords. All of those I mentioned would be in your dividend aristocrats list. Check the link below for others.