The Legend
BGOL Investor
:roflmao:

Er5GYJWVoAMWD8L

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

38094420-9155479-image-a-16_1610839552726.jpg

38094422-9155479-The_Mexican_immigration_authorities_have_been_posting_videos_of_-a-7_1610846144321.jpg

38094410-9155479-image-a-31_1610839628312.jpg
The USA needs to do something for these people...and that something is to stop supporting and providing cover for the blood sucking regimes in charge of these countries....USA was the only country to support a coup that drove out the president of Honduras when all he wanted to do was increase the country's minimum wage...just like how they drove out Aristide when he wanted to do the same with Haiti...stop fucking over these nations and the immigration problem will fix itself

As for these caravans, the problem is you are seeking political asylum because of the terrible situation in your country but you walk through a number of other countries first...why not seek asylum there?...this makes it look like you are leaving for economic reasons at which point the USA has a right to defend their borders (even though they are behind the scenes helping to cause this fuckery in the first place)...it is unreasonable to expect the USA to let everybody in when they haven't addressed poverty issues among their own citizens (it also unreasonable to expect people to stay in a country which the USA has helped to fuck over to the point of making it unlivable)

Time to address the real issue

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The USA needs to do something for these people...and that something is to stop supporting and providing cover for the blood sucking regimes in charge of these countries....USA was the only country to support a coup that drove out the president of Honduras when all he wanted to do was increase the country's minimum wage...just like how they drove out Aristide when he wanted to do the same with Haiti...stop fucking over these nations and the immigration problem will fix itself

As for these caravans, the problem is you are seeking political asylum because of the terrible situation in your country but you walk through a number of other countries first...why not seek asylum there?...this makes it look like you are leaving for economic reasons at which point the USA has a right to defend their borders (even though they are behind the scenes helping to cause this fuckery in the first place)...it is unreasonable to expect the USA to let everybody in when they haven't addressed poverty issues among their own citizens (it also unreasonable to expect people to stay in a country which the USA has helped to fuck over to the point of making it unlivable)

Time to address the real issue
Maintaining a politically weak, impoverished population is very conducive to the success of capitalism. So, it gives the racist political leadership of the US great pleasure to serve their corporate patrons in this manner.

Simply_Black

International
International Member
capitol-sullivan-bc3277a6-5835-11eb-a931-5b162d0d033d-1020x695.jpg

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...is-arrested-remains-focus-of-political-storm/

Man who shot video of fatal Capitol shooting is arrested, remains focus of political storm.

WASHINGTON — He’s a speed skater. He organizes protests, alienating activists on both ends of the political spectrum. He drove an Uber. And his 40-minute video following rioters through the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, capturing the fatal shooting of a Trump supporter, has placed John Earle Sullivan — “Activist John” — at the center of a conservative campaign to blame liberal groups for the Capitol siege.

The video also landed him in jail. Federal authorities tracking down Capitol trespassers watched Sullivan’s video, interviewed him and then obtained warrants Thursday charging him with causing a civil disorder, trespassing and disorderly conduct. Sullivan repeatedly exhorted rioters to enter the building and overwhelm police, and seemed to convince Capitol Police officers to walk away from the glass door entry to the House Speaker’s Lobby, his video shows. Moments later, with Sullivan screaming warnings about a gun, rioter Ashli Babbitt is shot and killed on the video by a Capitol Police officer.

Sullivan later claimed he was there to document — not participate — in the event.

His video attracted the attention of right wing leaders, including President Donald Trump’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, who said it showed that antifa was the true organizer of the attack; and Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala), who called Sullivan a “BLM & fascist #ANTIFA supporter arrested for role in Capitol assaults.”

But Sullivan is hardly the darling of the left. He began organizing protests in Utah last year, and at one of the first, one of the protesters shot a motorist, said Lex Scott, a racial justice organizer who founded Black Lives Matter Utah more than seven years ago.

“He came in to chase clout and get those media headlines,” Scott said of Sullivan. “Now, it’s not my place to ever tell anyone how to be an activist or what their goals should be … but the fact is that Black Lives Matter Utah has never had one arrest in seven years. We’ve never caused any violence, any destruction of property and this man comes in here and taints our reputation in a day.”

Reactions: BKF

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Let America Be America Again
Langston Hughes - 1902-1967

Let America be America again.
Let it be the dream it used to be.
Let it be the pioneer on the plain
Seeking a home where he himself is free.

(America never was America to me.)

Let America be the dream the dreamers dreamed—
Let it be that great strong land of love
Where never kings connive nor tyrants scheme
That any man be crushed by one above.

(It never was America to me.)

O, let my land be a land where Liberty
Is crowned with no false patriotic wreath,
But opportunity is real, and life is free,
Equality is in the air we breathe.

(There's never been equality for me,
Nor freedom in this "homeland of the free.")

Say, who are you that mumbles in the dark?
And who are you that draws your veil across the stars?

I am the poor white, fooled and pushed apart,
I am the Negro bearing slavery's scars.
I am the red man driven from the land,
I am the immigrant clutching the hope I seek—
And finding only the same old stupid plan
Of dog eat dog, of mighty crush the weak.

I am the young man, full of strength and hope,
Tangled in that ancient endless chain
Of profit, power, gain, of grab the land!
Of grab the gold! Of grab the ways of satisfying need!
Of work the men! Of take the pay!
Of owning everything for one's own greed!

I am the farmer, bondsman to the soil.
I am the worker sold to the machine.
I am the Negro, servant to you all.
I am the people, humble, hungry, mean—
Hungry yet today despite the dream.
Beaten yet today—O, Pioneers!
I am the man who never got ahead,
The poorest worker bartered through the years.

Yet I'm the one who dreamt our basic dream
In the Old World while still a serf of kings,
Who dreamt a dream so strong, so brave, so true,
That even yet its mighty daring sings
In every brick and stone, in every furrow turned
That's made America the land it has become.
O, I'm the man who sailed those early seas
In search of what I meant to be my home—
For I'm the one who left dark Ireland's shore,
And Poland's plain, and England's grassy lea,
And torn from Black Africa's strand I came
To build a "homeland of the free."

The free?

Who said the free? Not me?
Surely not me? The millions on relief today?
The millions shot down when we strike?
The millions who have nothing for our pay?
For all the dreams we've dreamed
And all the songs we've sung
And all the hopes we've held
And all the flags we've hung,
The millions who have nothing for our pay—
Except the dream that's almost dead today.

O, let America be America again—
The land that never has been yet—
And yet must be—the land where every man is free.
The land that's mine—the poor man's, Indian's, Negro's, ME—
Who made America,
Whose sweat and blood, whose faith and pain,
Whose hand at the foundry, whose plow in the rain,
Must bring back our mighty dream again.

Sure, call me any ugly name you choose—
The steel of freedom does not stain.
From those who live like leeches on the people's lives,
We must take back our land again,
America!

O, yes,
I say it plain,
America never was America to me,
And yet I swear this oath—
America will be!

Out of the rack and ruin of our gangster death,
The rape and rot of graft, and stealth, and lies,
We, the people, must redeem
The land, the mines, the plants, the rivers.
The mountains and the endless plain—
All, all the stretch of these great green states—
And make America again!

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Acting defense secretary orders NSA director to immediately install former GOP operative as the agency’s top lawyer

Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:41 a.m. GMT
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e06a02-5837-11eb-a931-5b162d0d033d_story.html

Acting defense secretary Christopher C. Miller ordered the director of the National Security Agency to install on Saturday a former GOP political operative as the NSA’s top lawyer, according to four individuals familiar with the matter.

It is unclear what the NSA will do. The agency and the Pentagon declined to comment.
In November, Pentagon General Counsel Paul C. Ney Jr. named Michael Ellis, then a White House official, to the position of general counsel at the NSA, a career civilian post at the government’s largest and most technologically advanced spy agency, The Post reported. He was selected after a competitive civil service competition. He has not taken up the job, however, as he needed to complete administrative procedures, including taking a polygraph test.

Reached by phone Saturday, Ellis said, “I don’t talk to the press, thank you,” and hung up.
Miller gave NSA Director Paul Nakasone until 6 p.m. Saturday to install Ellis in the job, according to several people who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the matter’s sensitivity. The 6 p.m. deadline passed without Nakasone taking action. It was unclear Saturday evening what the Pentagon’s next move would be.

Nakasone was not in favor of Ellis’s selection and has sought to delay his installation, according to several people.
White House official and former GOP operative Michael Ellis named as NSA general counsel
Ellis’s naming, made under pressure from the White House, drew criticism from national security legal experts. It “appears to be an attempt to improperly politicize an important career position,” wrote Susan Hennessey, a former lawyer in the NSA Office of General Counsel, on Lawfare, where she is the executive editor.

President-elect Joe Biden said Dec. 28 that his transition team has encountered political roadblocks from the Trump administration and called it irresponsible. (The Washington Post)

The move is troubling, coming as it does four days before President Trump leaves office and the Biden administration takes over, former U.S. officials said. The move makes it more difficult for the Biden administration to immediately replace him, the former officials said.

“An 11th-hour move like this and a directive from the acting secretary of defense is overwhelmingly strong evidence of irregularity,” Hennessey said on Saturday. “Unless the acting secretary of defense can produce a compelling rationale for why this individual needed to be installed now, there should be a presumption that this is improper and the Biden team should remove this individual on Day 1.”

There also were concerns about Ellis’s qualifications for the job, according to several people. One individual said that those issues included the possibility that he was picked over candidates who scored higher during the interview process.

Pushing back against critics, one U.S. official said that the two prior NSA general counsels had ties to the Obama administration. Glenn Gerstell, who retired a year ago, raised $50,000 for the Obama campaign in 2012, he said. And Gerstell’s predecessor, Raj De, was White House staff secretary in the Obama administration prior to arriving at the NSA.

The concern of Nakasone and others, current and former officials said, is that the White House is seeking to “burrow” Ellis into the job in violation of a long-standing policy that prevents embedding political personnel into career civilian positions prior to a change in administration.
Nakasone recently got a verbal indication from the Office of Personnel Management that the policy did not apply to intelligence community employees, according to one U.S. official. On Thursday, he requested a written legal opinion on that point, according to two officials. He has not yet received that written opinion, the officials said.

Ellis previously was chief counsel to Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), a staunch Trump supporter and former chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. Ellis joined the White House in 2017, when he became a lawyer on the National Security Council and in 2019 he was elevated to senior director for intelligence.