Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Expense ratio is the first thing a look at since the purpose is to hold long term..... 0.20% or less for me

Indeed. Which is why you can't really go wrong with Vanguard's funds for the most part. But I do hold some higher ratio funds as well (the ARKs, QCLN..).

I think a lot of people (including myself) were confused about how or when you pay the fees though. I thought they might take a percentage at the end of the year or something. But the way they actually do it, it seems like you can't really tell anyway unless you do the daily math for the NAV.

I guess the key for the average investor is to pay attention to your overall gains based on how much you put in?

Playerz007

Star
BGOL Investor
Just want to bump investment strategy to the experts on here...For me I have my dollars in company 401k (max contribution yearly $19,5K) (LONG TERM), then two ROTH IRA ($12K) (LONG TERM) with Fidelity (me and wife) that I max out every year. Most recently, I opened a brokerage account( $ varies with tip/recommendation) (SHORT TERM) where I play a little (not daily trading). I use the tips you guy and gals give and apply to the brokerage account. All account combined my portfolio gain$100K in 2020.

What is your strategy?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Watch twitter on Monday. Put option contracts should be the move.
As mentioned last week, Twitter put options are the move. People may hate the GOP, but they still are consumers who represent half of the country. So, black men, we have to always think as businessmen and figure out how these actions will effect the economy, related stocks, and business ventures.

Also, look out for a new web hosting\ app hosting platform to emerge over the next few months.

Apple, Amazon, Google are dipping along with much of tech today. I would strongly consider long call option contracts during this dip. This includes twitter, because twitter will 100% rebound.

Lastly, if you were looking to catch the Tesla wave, today is as good day. They are down about 5%. This will 100% rebound.

Last edited:

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
Just want to bump investment strategy to the experts on here...For me I have my dollars in company 401k (max contribution yearly $19,5K) (LONG TERM), then two ROTH IRA ($12K) (LONG TERM) with Fidelity (me and wife) that I max out every year. Most recently, I opened a brokerage account( $ varies with tip/recommendation) (SHORT TERM) where I play a little (not daily trading). I use the tips you guy and gals give and apply to the brokerage account. All account combined my portfolio gain$100K in 2020.

What is your strategy?
good for you. that's what's up

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
I got out last week. Sigh.
'i just sold all of mine today to capture a profit. but i'll be back. used the proceeds to buy EDITAS which dropped 13 percent today. i expect it to bounce back in a few days. then i'll be back to NIO

Basetip

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Glad I'm not alone. I made money also, but was feeling like I should have waited now that it went up. Sains says it may hit $100, so maybe there's opportunity if it dips again.
Based on the $NIO PUT option CS is calling for, it should drop below 60 in the next couple weeks (logically speaking) but this is just like everything else with the Stock Market... a gamble.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
As mentioned last week, Twitter put options are the move. People may hate the GOP, but they still are consumers who represent half of the country. So, black men, we have to always think as businessmen and figure out how these actions will effect the economy, related stocks, and business ventures.

Also, look out for a new web hosting\ app hosting platform to emerge over the next few months.

Apple, Amazon, Google are dipping along with much of tech today. I would strongly consider long call option contracts during this dip. This includes twitter, because twitter will 100% rebound.

Lastly, if you were looking to catch the Tesla wave, today is as good day. They are down about 5%. This will 100% rebound.
These come a dime a dozen, whats the significance?

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Based on the $NIO PUT option CS is calling for, it should drop below 60 in the next couple weeks (logically speaking) but this is just like everything else with the Stock Market... a gamble.
I think he was too aggressive. JPM just upgraded PT from $50 to $75. I’m cashing in this Friday though!!! :money:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
In with FCEL and TTCF. I'll have to rollover an old 403b to this Fidelity Roth IRA to get additional $$ involved to invest. I like HYLN, but don't understand enough about it just yet, but will evaluate some more tonight. Really do appreciate the discussions. I waited far too long to do this.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What is a good price to get back in?
If you are a technicals type of guy watch that 20 day SMA on the daily charts. It got a bunch of PT upgrades from $70 to $100 so it may not hit for a bit but it always comes back to that. I’d leave it alone for now until it settles down. Check back on it next week.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
$STSA is the play today. I've been in since $5.
the stock dropped when they had bad news regarding their phase 3 trial....went from $23 to $4.60.
I jumped right in. it should rebound quick.
Still waiting on the rebound?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
How and where do u invest into a starter Roth IRA?

I started mine back in May with M1 Finance. It's pretty straight forward for setting and forgetting and has fractional shares.

Most brokerages these days offer pretty much the same services. If you plan on opening a regular brokerage or an account to trade out of eventually, you may want to look into Fidelity for your IRA. Other folks have said good things and if you DO ever expand beyond the IRA, you'll be able to have all your accounts conveniently in 1 place.

Oh another potential drawback for M1 is that their shit is almost fully automated and I heard it can be hard to speak to an actual person (verses email/robo advisors). If you're just starting out a brokerage like Fidelity that has more traditional customer service readily available might be a better look.

Last edited: