TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Friendly reminder for the Cranston fans ... this 10-episode series debuts tonight ...

in the trap for heads tht dont wanna wait till tonight ...

:cheers:

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Kings of JoBurg

201204091343269389.jpg

The Masire brothers rule Johannesburg’s criminal underworld, but a supernatural family curse and a tangled web of betrayal threaten to destroy them.

Shit pretty good

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Harrowing and stunning first episode im in until the end

Enjoyed the premiere as well. Noticed a few facial expressions & mannerisms of Walter White / Heisenberg at times, which was good to see given how iconic a role that was. Thought the major scene of the episode was very well-shot. The gravity of the situation.

Also checked out the season 1 finale of Peaky Blinders & episode 6 of Goliath.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
HBO-Industry-Plunge-Daily-1000x600.png

Wonder if BBC/HBO will bring this back for another season,first was good..

..and yes the sista(lead character) is fucking a CAC on the show :rolleyes:

the brother on the left..is on some Bat E. Man shit :rolleyes::smh:

This shit was pretty good....that hoe on the right is a freak. Damn...nasty freaky bitch lol.

Another show that forces homosexuality on a story that didn't require it but you get passed that...its a solid series.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
This shit was pretty good....that hoe on the right is a freak. Damn...nasty freaky bitch lol.

Another show that forces homosexuality on a story that didn't require it but you get passed that...its a solid series.
I gave up on it. Plot wasn't really moving for me. I might try to go back to it.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I gave up on it. Plot wasn't really moving for me. I might try to go back to it.
Man....I feel you on that. Personally, I'd say the first episode starts off slow and then you see a main character not make it by the end of the show...so you'r thinking this is about to get fast paced.....it gets much faster about mid-way into the series......If it didn't get a second season I wouldn't trip but the characters are intriguing and to see how they tell their story. They can do a lot with it. It might be episode 5 is where they sold me to stick to the end.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Question - Anyone check out the 1st season of this series?

Got 4 episodes of it on the DVR, and checked out the 1st one yesterday. Pretty good so far.

Temple is a British medical crime drama television series. Created by Mark O'Rowe, and starring Mark Strong, Carice Van Houten and Daniel Mays,[1][2] it is based on the Norwegian drama Valkyrien, and premiered 13 September 2019 on Sky One.

On 1 November 2019, Sky renewed Temple for a second series.[3]

In a labyrinth of abandoned service tunnels below Temple Underground Station, Daniel Milton (Mark Strong), a highly respected surgeon, runs an illegal medical clinic that treats criminals and other desperate patients who cannot or will not seek help from regular medical facilities.[4] Daniel sets up the clinic to find a cure for ...

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Question - Anyone check out the 1st season of this series?

Got 4 episodes of it on the DVR, and checked out the 1st one yesterday. Pretty good so far.

Temple is a British medical crime drama television series. Created by Mark O'Rowe, and starring Mark Strong, Carice Van Houten and Daniel Mays,[1][2] it is based on the Norwegian drama Valkyrien, and premiered 13 September 2019 on Sky One.

On 1 November 2019, Sky renewed Temple for a second series.[3]

In a labyrinth of abandoned service tunnels below Temple Underground Station, Daniel Milton (Mark Strong), a highly respected surgeon, runs an illegal medical clinic that treats criminals and other desperate patients who cannot or will not seek help from regular medical facilities.[4] Daniel sets up the clinic to find a cure for ...

Shit Mark Strong in it I'm sold he ain't never been in no wack shit. Damn something else I gotta add to the que.....

Honestly to keep it funky if y'all know some good non-American shows man drop some of them. The UK have the best series IMO.

Or the American shows that kind of follow the format of UK writing. Like to me Mr. Mercedes could've been a UK series. I think thats' why I like it. Just started that one and its pretty good.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The black girl is cute....wish her little ass had just a little more tittay's or ass......

thumb3_myha_la_herrold_6c85cc.jpg
thumb3_myha_la_herrold_78fe90.jpg
thumb3_myha_la_herrold_8ace2b.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Shit Mark Strong in it I'm sold he ain't never been in no wack shit. Damn something else I gotta add to the que.....

Agreed. There's so much content these days. As my brother says when he receives recommendations - "Oh shit ... I'll add it to the list"

As for Temple ... happened across it by chance. In Canada, Showcase was running commercials for it. Showcase seems to pick up original programming, as well as some of the better received series from all over - HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, BBC, SKY. Sometimes it's within a few months ... other times it's within a year or so. Here's what they're currently airing ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@dtownsfinest

I'm thinking of going back and rewatching this series next year. It only aired for 1 season years back. Good show.

Low Winter Sun is an American crime drama television series that aired on AMC from August 11 to October 6, 2013, for one season consisting of ten episodes. The series was developed by Chris Mundy and starred Mark Strong and Lennie James. It is based upon the 2006 British two-part miniseries of the same name which also starred Strong in the same role.[1] Filmed and set in Detroit, Michigan, the series follows detectives Frank Agnew and Joe Geddes after they murder a corrupt cop and attempt to cover it up, and explores organized crime in Detroit. The series received generally mixed reviews and AMC announced in December 2013 that it had canceled the series.[2]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Honestly to keep it funky if y'all know some good non-American shows man drop some of them. The UK have the best series IMO.

Or the American shows that kind of follow the format of UK writing. Like to me Mr. Mercedes could've been a UK series. I think thats' why I like it. Just started that one and its pretty good.

I've heard good things about Mr. Mercedes. Have seen it listed in the On Demand index.

Mr. Mercedes is an American crime drama television series based on the Bill Hodges novel trilogy by Stephen King, which consists of Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers, and End of Watch. The series premiered on Audience on August 9, 2017. It was developed by David E. Kelley and stars Brendan Gleeson and Harry Treadaway. In November 2018, it was announced that Audience had renewed the series for a ten-episode third season, which premiered on September 10, 2019. In May 2020, Audience was discontinued, with no indication of whether the show had been officially canceled or that it would return for a fourth season. Its existing three seasons were later picked up in September 2020 by streaming service Peacock.

The first season of Mr. Mercedes has been met with a positive response from critics. On the review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, the first season holds an 86% approval rating with an average rating of 6.42 out of 10 based on 28 reviews. The website's critical consensus reads, "Mr. Mercedes propels its tense, creepy narrative with quick-witted dialogue, strong characters, and terrifying surprises."[40] Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned the season a score of 71 out of 100 based on 17 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".[41]

The second season also received a positive response from critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, the second season holds a 100% approval rating with an average rating of 6.75 out of 10 based on 8 reviews.[42] Metacritic assigned the season a score of 76 out of 100 based on 4 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".[43]

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@dtownsfinest

I'm thinking of going back and rewatching this series next year. It only aired for 1 season years back. Good show.

Low Winter Sun is an American crime drama television series that aired on AMC from August 11 to October 6, 2013, for one season consisting of ten episodes. The series was developed by Chris Mundy and starred Mark Strong and Lennie James. It is based upon the 2006 British two-part miniseries of the same name which also starred Strong in the same role.[1] Filmed and set in Detroit, Michigan, the series follows detectives Frank Agnew and Joe Geddes after they murder a corrupt cop and attempt to cover it up, and explores organized crime in Detroit. The series received generally mixed reviews and AMC announced in December 2013 that it had canceled the series.[2]

This what put me on to the two leads. They cold as hell as actors. I never finished it because I heard it got cancelled. Had they filmed that shit in London we would’ve got 4 seasons at least lol. Shocked it got mixed reviews I liked it.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've heard good things about Mr. Mercedes. Have seen it listed in the On Demand index.

Mr. Mercedes is an American crime drama television series based on the Bill Hodges novel trilogy by Stephen King, which consists of Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers, and End of Watch. The series premiered on Audience on August 9, 2017. It was developed by David E. Kelley and stars Brendan Gleeson and Harry Treadaway. In November 2018, it was announced that Audience had renewed the series for a ten-episode third season, which premiered on September 10, 2019. In May 2020, Audience was discontinued, with no indication of whether the show had been officially canceled or that it would return for a fourth season. Its existing three seasons were later picked up in September 2020 by streaming service Peacock.

The first season of Mr. Mercedes has been met with a positive response from critics. On the review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, the first season holds an 86% approval rating with an average rating of 6.42 out of 10 based on 28 reviews. The website's critical consensus reads, "Mr. Mercedes propels its tense, creepy narrative with quick-witted dialogue, strong characters, and terrifying surprises."[40] Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned the season a score of 71 out of 100 based on 17 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".[41]

The second season also received a positive response from critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, the second season holds a 100% approval rating with an average rating of 6.75 out of 10 based on 8 reviews.[42] Metacritic assigned the season a score of 76 out of 100 based on 4 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".[43]
Man they don’t play on that shit. I got tied in on the first episode...they establish this shit and quick......

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
This what put me on to the two leads. They cold as hell as actors. I never finished it because I heard it got cancelled. Had they filmed that shit in London we would’ve got 4 seasons at least lol. Shocked it got mixed reviews I liked it.

Agreed. Thought they both did great. It’s worth finishing. I know what you mean. Some shows get cut way short. Others run way too long for too many seasons. There’s no rhyme or reason. Ratings, reviews, ad dollars, etc. Networks only seemingly care about those analytics. They’d prob fare better letting series grow and establish their critical acclaim and permanent viewership.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Enjoyed the premiere as well. Noticed a few facial expressions & mannerisms of Walter White / Heisenberg at times, which was good to see given how iconic a role that was. Thought the major scene of the episode was very well-shot. The gravity of the situation.

Also checked out the season 1 finale of Peaky Blinders & episode 6 of Goliath.

is GOLIATH good ? I may start watching it after Hand Of God

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
My dad just started watching Magic City from around 2012-2013. Ran for only 2 seasons. Happened across it in his Starz On Demand section. Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Danny Huston, etc.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Love when series and movies do that. Get you invested quickly with mood, tone, and narrative.

:thumbsup::cheers:
Right!! Man they do that shit first damn SCENE.........

My dad just started watching Magic City from around 2012-2013. Ran for only 2 seasons. Happened across it in his Starz On Demand section. Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Danny Huston, etc.
This show was so good. I was hurt when it got cancelled...its been so long that I've seen it I don't remember if it had a cliffhanger or not.......acting was top notch.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Right!! Man they do that shit first damn SCENE.........

This show was so good. I was hurt when it got cancelled...its been so long that I've seen it I don't remember if it had a cliffhanger or not.......acting was top notch.

Agreed. It’s very good to have that immediate investment. Otherwise people are more impatient with a slow burn, unless they know it’ll surely pay off.

Great to hear you liked Magic City! My dad said the cast is strong, and reviews were solid. He was surprised it didn’t get more shine also.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed. Thought they both did great. It’s worth finishing. I know what you mean. Some shows get cut way short. Others run way too long for too many seasons. There’s no rhyme or reason. Ratings, reviews, ad dollars, etc. Networks only seemingly care about those analytics. They’d prob fare better letting series grow and establish their critical acclaim and permanent viewership.
Yeah and I'm amazed they do it sometimes and sometimes they don't. I remember NBC did it with 30 Rock and Friday Night Lights. I think it was the award nominations that kept it going but the ratings were average to below average.....

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yeah and I'm amazed they do it sometimes and sometimes they don't. I remember NBC did it with 30 Rock and Friday Night Lights. I think it was the award nominations that kept it going but the ratings were average to below average.....

I think alot of acting talent is thankful for the likes of HBO, Cinemax, Showcase, Showtime, Hulu, FX, Starz, AMC and more.

For the most part, they actually allow shows to build up followings. Or, they recognize shows are critically acclaimed come awards season (Golden Globes & Emmys) and know the word of mouth buzz is important (even if the ad dollars & ratings aren't where they'd hoped they would be at).

Compared to the major networks like NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox. Far too often they'll can a show in the 1st season, or bounce it around on the schedule wherein actual fans aren't sure when to tune in for it. It's crazy the number of times you hear about major networks canning a show after 3 - 5 episodes, let alone 1 season. Think about all the people involved in front of and behind the cameras. They're probably thinking - "Why did I even bother investing my time? I should have chosen those other projects"

Or even worse ... when stars will branch off and depart an established show for a new one. Only to have the new one fail. You wonder if the risk was worth it. How well the replacement job paid by comparison ... risk / reward - $$$

:hithead::fuckyousay: