Joe Biden is now POTUS

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
yo @HeathCliff

This is a HUGE deal. Biden is ahead in this poll but the poll is also +8 Republican. That means a large percentage of Republicans are crossing over to vote for Biden. If Dems actually vote in equal numbers, Biden will win and they might even take that senate race.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yo @HeathCliff

This is a HUGE deal. Biden is ahead in this poll but the poll is also +8 Republican. That means a large percentage of Republicans are crossing over to vote for Biden. If Dems actually vote in equal numbers, Biden will win and they might even take that senate race.

Wow. Wow. Still keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That's huge since Trump won it in 2016 and Beto in 2018. Any growing voting numbers now in favors Biden gaining.

I did a calculation of the predicted vote using a few factors...
  • Texas counties with 10,000+ registered voters for 2020
  • % of eligible voters who actually voted in 2016
  • % of votes Beto gained in each of those counties in his 2018 senate race (this is where I feel Beto FUCKED UP, he should have ran for senate THIS year instead of running for president).

Trump: 4,473,082
Biden: 4,165,649

A 307K lead in most states is massive. In TX, that's game on. The Hays county example shrinks that lead. Biden can't lose those percentages that Beto got. If anything, he has to gain on that. Again like you said, voter turnout in TX is shit as only 53% of elgible voters actually vote. That's alot of votes left on the table. This is truly a race of urban vs rural as there are some votes left out there for Trump but he'll have to squeeze them all from those country places.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
Trump is visiting the battleground state of... Nebraska this Tuesday.

Nebraska?!
allen-iverson-pratice.png

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Remember Nebraska and Maine have split EC votes.

Yeah. But it's just ONE extra EC vote that he could pick up in Nebraska. I think only Obama has won it since the 60s for the dems.. seems like a weird focus of resources???

there are three scenarios where it could end up at a 269 tie but that seems unlikely... Trump probably just wants to do a huge rally in a red state...lol

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
yo @HeathCliff

I heard 12 Senate seats were now up for grabs.

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What are these numbers?

Those are my numbers of the predicted presidential vote to date (140 largest counties of registered TX voters). The real movement won't be until locations pass their 2016 vote total like Hays county

(% of voters who voted in 2016 per county) x (# of 2020 registered voters per county) x (% of Beto votes in 2018 per county)

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Those are my numbers of the predicted presidential vote to date (140 largest counties of registered TX voters). The real movement won't be until locations pass their 2016 vote total like Hays county

(% of voters who voted in 2016 per county) x (# of 2020 registered voters per county) x (% of Beto votes in 2018 per county)

Ok. So you think Biden is still down 350k?

Texas is projected to possibly hit 12M votes. That turnout should benefit who?

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok. So you think Biden is still down 350k?

Texas is projected to possibly hit 12M votes. That turnout should benefit who?

I don't personally think Biden is down by 350k as its hard to get voter breakout data like NC provides. Dog, if TX hits 12M voters, that means the blue wave has taken over TX pretty much for now on. Most of those votes will come from the major cities + suburb counties. Beto flipped five counties in 2018 that went for Trump in 2016 (Tarrant, Hays, Williamson, Jefferson, Neuces). The question really becomes how much does Harris (Houston), Dallas, and Travis county (Austin) turn out and how many votes Biden peels off in the Dallas suburbs. If anything, Biden should be begging Obama to do TX visits this week, especially Houston on the 24 hour voting day.