Tech Biz: Amazon delivery driver quits mid-shift, abandons truck and packages

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
Y'all niggas sounds old and stupid. Fuck Amazon. Niggas talking bout "wHeN tHeY gOoGlE hIs NaMe" sounds like boomers. That's why the world is how it is now. You think cuz you got stepped on and have no life others should too. Think capitalism gonna save you... Lol stupid mafuckas

No, I’m a grown man with grown man responsibilities lil nigga. It’s already hard to be a young black man in America cause we have to work twice as hard.

You sitting up here co-signing missing his sisters bday. Man so the fuck what. Unless you own your own business, you’re gonna miss some shit.

You make no sense and are in some bubble if you don’t understand how the world works......stupid muthafucka

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
IMO, LAZY motherfuckas don't know what hard work is and don't know how to do it.
Motherfuckas wanna start at the TOP and get paid TOP dollar
You want more money should've stayed in SCHOOL

THIS is hard work and they ain't getting no where NEAR 15 bucks and hour
i'm sure they'll take his job in a SECOND

Only in America do we call people lazy for getting fed up working 13 hour days, 6 days a week.

I appreciate all these cats doing these delivery services that improve my quality of life. No way I'm calling them lazy.

Leatherf7ce

Phantom of the Chakras
BGOL Investor
No, I’m a grown man with grown man responsibilities lil nigga. It’s already hard to be a young black man in America cause we have to work twice as hard.

You sitting up here co-signing missing his sisters bday. Man so the fuck what. Unless you own your own business, you’re gonna miss some shit.

You make no sense and are in some bubble if you don’t understand how the world works......stupid muthafucka
Not about the birthday you dumb old fuck. Just say you hate ppl under 40 Gramps and keep it pushing. You okay with the shit you do to survive- YOU. Just cuz you proper brainwashed and ok with sacrifices you make for the little you have fine. But we not taking that shit. I'm co-signing waking up to the bullshit but you obviously lack comprehension stop be happy with ya slavery

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Tough crowd in here. Folks rooting for management.
Listen I agree with the gentleman about quitting his job because Amazon should pay their people a lot more money and benefits but I don’t like the way he quit.......to leave the packages there in a van at a gas station Is a little dangerous because there could’ve been a very important package that had to be delivered that day. What he should have done is deliver all his packages and then abandon the van at a gas station and walked off into the sunset.

the artist

Same shit, different day
BGOL Investor
I certainly don't think that he handled it correctly but he'd obviously reached his breaking point. The FedEx location near me has been facing a ton of complaints. I myself had to make complaints to this location. Ordered a gift for my wife several weeks before her birthday and watched the tracking. Everything was moving swiftly til it reached that FedEx location. It sat in their building for over 2 weeks. This center is less than 5 miles from me mind you. Missed my wife's birthday. On another occasion I had a delivery stolen by the driver. He scanned that delivered it when he never got off of thr truck. I sent un camera proof of me asking where my item was when he pulled off and he said he didn't know.

Covid had many off of work from either being sick or out of fear of getting sick so the ones who still went to work got slammed with 7 days 12 hours

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Listen I agree with the gentleman about quitting his job because Amazon should pay their people a lot more money and benefits but I don’t like the way he quit.......to leave the packages there in a van at a gas station Is a little dangerous because there could’ve been a very important package that had to be delivered that day. What he should have done is deliver all his packages and then abandon the van at a gas station and walked off into the sunset.

I hear you, but we need to start shifting that level of thought to management. The worker should care about the important packages but not management. If they cared about people's important packages arrive properly, ensure that the handler has what they need to deliver the packages properly. Instead of asking carriers to work 13 hour days. Hire enough people so that each worker gets two 15 minutes breaks and a lunch on a 9 hour shift. There was a recent story on how UPS got their carriers sitting in them vans all day with no A/C. Just to save pennies here and there. We should be shifting our anger towards the problem not the symptoms.

I don't care what anyone says, there is no shortage of hard working people out there. If these corporations treated people like people instead of expendable workhorses. We'd have less cases such as this.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Blah, blah, blah.....shit, I wake up on my own got damned birthday and go straight to work because I am grown. My sister would not give a damn if I missed her birthday because I had to work because she is grown...... Some muthafuckas just need to grow the fuck up.

Last edited:

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Simply return the van and quit. He fucked his name by doing this.

Oh, and he's fucking weak. He quit cause he missed a birthday party at 22? I've missed birthdays, weddings, graduations, funerals and family reunions to make my $. He worked a 12 hour day? Boo fucking hoo! Work 12-15 hour days for 3 months straight offshore and then hollar at me.

Amazon driving jobs are a hustle, not a career. You do that shit when you're young, stack what you can and move on.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
IMO, LAZY motherfuckas don't know what hard work is and don't know how to do it.
Motherfuckas wanna start at the TOP and get paid TOP dollar
You want more money should've stayed in SCHOOL

THIS is hard work and they ain't getting no where NEAR 15 bucks and hour
i'm sure they'll take his job in a SECOND

:confused: so you would be cool if your boss cuts your pay by 1/2 and tell you to work longer hours to make up the difference?
You can't compare working in a third world country to working in America. WTF

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Simply return the van and quit. He fucked his name by doing this.

Oh, and he's fucking weak. He quit cause he missed a birthday party at 22? I've missed birthdays, weddings, graduations, funerals and family reunions to make my $. He worked a 12 hour day? Boo fucking hoo! Work 12-15 hour days for 3 months straight offshore and then hollar at me.

Amazon driving jobs are a hustle, not a career. You do that shit when you're young, stack what you can and move on.

The last straw is the last straw. I decided to leave my last job over something that seamed trivial, but I had enough. Got hit up for another job and landed it, didn't look back.

@LordSinister what kind of work were you doing offshore? Did you find a better opportunity and said fuck y'all or was it like a 3 month contract to stack money? 15 hour days for three months straight is insane.

VWchrisATL

Rising Star
OG Investor
This is not that unusual that a truck gets abandoned happens all the time. Maybe not at Amazon but it happens. Most companies have chasers. I had a buddy that used to do this.
A chaser? I’m assuming their responsibility is to retrieve abandoned work vehicles?.....

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
:confused: so you would be cool if your boss cuts your pay by 1/2 and tell you to work longer hours to make up the difference?
You can't compare working in a third world country to working in America. WTF

Where was HIS pay cut by half? Don't make up silly analogies to try and make a point
He's paid $15.50 and hour and if he works more than 40 hours a week BY LAW they have to pay him overtime...PERIOD
Fuck this young cat thought?
You a delivery driver for the world's biggest e-commerce company

Lastly, FUCK you talking about "third world"???
Here CALIFORNIA...HARD WORK YOUNGSTER
(I can post a thousand of these BTW)

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Now that his name is already out there, he really needs to parlay this into starting his own business
Cause what hes going to eventually find out is that "corporate america" will not want to hire him
Once HR reps google his name.....its going to be a wrap
He needs to get on his grind, get on social media heavy, create his own brand, in the meantime start a go fund me, or something

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
Only in America do we call people lazy for getting fed up working 13 hour days, 6 days a week.

I appreciate all these cats doing these delivery services that improve my quality of life. No way I'm calling them lazy.
EDIT:

Let's do the math.
He said 12 hour days (you wanna exaggerate to make it seem worst)

$15.50 an Hour X 8 Hours = $124 a Day
$124 a Day X 5 Days = $620 a Week
12 hours X 6 days = 72 Hours a Week
32 OVERTIME Hours @ Time 1/2 = $23.25 an Hour
32 OT Hours X 23.25 an Hour = $744
$744 OT Pay + $620 Regular Pay = $1364 a Week
$1364 Weekly Pay X 52 Weeks = $70,928 a YEAR

Not too bad for a 22 year old huh?
It's there if you WANT it and are HUNGRY for it #JS

Shit, he sacrifice 2 years doing this, stack his bread raise his credit
He'll have the money to invest in real estate EASY and rent the shit out
or maybe
START HIS OWN Amazon delivery franchise.
It's only 10k a van.

https://logistics.amazon.com/?utm_s...ign=nonbrand_deliverygeneral&utm_term=desktop

THINK FORWARD!!!!!!!
When you work and have your eye on the prize it changes your attitude..BIG TIME

Last edited:

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
EcAlIDMXgAMnFAk

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let's do the math.

$15.50 an Hour X 12 Hours = $186 a Day
$186 a Day X 6 Days = $1,116 a Week
$744 OT Pay + $1,116 Regular Pay = $1860 a Week
$1860 Weekly Pay X 52 Weeks = $96,720 a YEAR

Or hire another person and pay them 50k a year ($24 an hour)

That's two employees to share that work load. Working a solid job full time job and not having to deal with high turnover, and people walking off your job.

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
$15hr is not a lot of money, and is less after taxes. These companies greed is out of control. They have turned to fucking with the employees pockets as a means to increasing profit margins. They are constantly moving that profit goal up every year, enough is never enough. But these idiots fail to realize that the workers are who supports the economy. If they are not paid enough, who will buy their products or services?

Bruh, you know those managers fuck with those workers pockets all the damn time!! I'm sure with a company like amazon, has all types of head tricks they push on those delivery drivers.. When they should be taking care of them. If you think about it, those delivery workers are the face of Amazon. They are the only human face they see during their order process!! But I look at ish a little different and wouldn't last 2wks as a delivery person.. Good reply bruh

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

That's two employees to share that work load. Working a solid job full time job and not having to deal with high turnover, and people walking off your job.
That's two workers at 50k plus two separate benefit packages vs one employee at 90k and a singular benefit package.
Bruh as a young man you should be busting yo ass to make money to save away. Move onto something else byway of college or trade and do your own thing.

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member

Amazon don't GIVE A FUCK if you walk off!?!?
They got 30 people ready to take your place :confused: :confused:
Make the best of what you got and make it work for YOU
I would use all that money, work ethic and exposure to the hundreds people
I encounter to make MORE opportunities for myself, one way of the other

Reactions: BKF

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
The last straw is the last straw. I decided to leave my last job over something that seamed trivial, but I had enough. Got hit up for another job and landed it, didn't look back.

@LordSinister what kind of work were you doing offshore? Did you find a better opportunity and said fuck y'all or was it like a 3 month contract to stack money? 15 hour days for three months straight is insane.
I understand the last straw. Just return the van and say deuces.

I work with ROV's.

I was working in the gulf of Mexico for $22 an hour, 84 hour work week. So that's 40 hours at $22 and 44 hours at $33
Back then I was working at least 7-8 months a year offshore. They wouldn't promote me, but I had opportunities to work internationally. Some of those jobs lasted months so I took em.

Finally managed to switch regions in 2012 and got my promotion and a day rate. Would never work that hourly bullshit again.

So I understand being overworked and underpaid. I also understand if I walk off the job in an unprofessional way I might fuck myself in the future.

He's all emotional and in social media with this shit. If I was leaving a fucked up situation, unless it was racism or sexual harassment etc, nobody's going to know about it.

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I understand the last straw. Just return the van and say deuces.

I work with ROV's.

I was working in the gulf of Mexico for $22 an hour, 84 hour work week. So that's 40 hours at $22 and 44 hours at $33
Back then I was working at least 7-8 months a year offshore. They wouldn't promote me, but I had opportunities to work internationally. Some of those jobs lasted months so I took em.

Finally managed to switch regions in 2012 and got my promotion and a day rate. Would never work that hourly bullshit again.

So I understand being overworked and underpaid. I also understand if I walk off the job in an unprofessional way I might fuck myself in the future.

He's all emotional and in social media with this shit. If I was leaving a fucked up situation, unless it was racism or sexual harassment etc, nobody's going to know about it.

Oh Shit, ROV's as in the rigs the scope out shit in the ocean? That's dope. But fuck the company that you worked for. Sounds like they had a hard working employee and treated you like shit.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Let's do the math.

$15.50 an Hour X 12 Hours = $186 a Day
$186 a Day X 6 Days = $1,116 a Week
$744 OT Pay + $1,116 Regular Pay = $1860 a Week
$1860 Weekly Pay X 52 Weeks = $96,720 a YEAR

Shit he sacrifice 2 years doing this, stack his bread raise his credit
He'll have a money to invest in real estate EASY and rent the shit out
or maybe
START HIS OWN Amazon delivery franchise.
It's only 10k a van.

https://logistics.amazon.com/?utm_s...ign=nonbrand_deliverygeneral&utm_term=desktop

THINK FORWARD!!!!!!!
When you work and have your eye on the prize it changes your attitude..BIG TIME

Hold up fam, I think those numbers might be a little off
Okay so you said the brotha gets $15.50 an hour, and works 12 hours a day?
So lets see.....

$15.50 an hour * 8 hours a day == $124
Then the extra 4 hours would be overtime getting paid time & a half
So that's $23.25 an hour overtime pay * 4 hours a day == $93
So add those numbers up == $217 every day (before taxes & before benefits, etc)
That's what he would be making if he worked a 12 hour shift at 15.5 an hour

Okay scenario #1: Lets assume he only works 5 days a week (Mon-Fri)
$217 a day * 5 == $1,085 every week (again this is BEFORE taxes & benefits)
$1,085 a week * 52 weeks in a year == $56,420 a year (again BEFORE taxes & benefits) (and assuming he doesn't take time off for sick days, etc)

Okay scenario #2: Lets assume he works on Saturday too
So that would be a 12 hour shift on Saturday, which would mean that whole day would be overtime
So..... $23.25 an hour * 12 hours == $279 for just Saturday
So.....add that to his weekly pay and you get == $1,364 a week (again BEFORE taxes & benefits)
$1,364 a week * 52 weeks in a year == $70,928 a year (if he worked Monday -Saturday for a 12 hour shift every day) (again BEFORE taxes & benefits)

For most people, for most states, the tax rate is 25%
So take away 25% from those number in bold
If he works Monday-Saturday for 12 hours every day not taking sick days off (I don't know if Amazon workers get paid sick days or not)
He would be bringing home roughly about.......... $53,000 in his pocket a year
Which is about average for most people in the US.....but look at the hours hes working to do it :dunno:

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
Hold up fam, I think those numbers might be a little off
Okay so you said the brotha gets $15.50 an hour, and works 12 hours a day?
So lets see.....

$15.50 an hour * 8 hours a day == $124
Then the extra 4 hours would be overtime getting paid time & a half
So that's $23.25 an hour overtime pay * 4 hours a day == $93
So add those numbers up == $217 every day (before taxes & before benefits, etc)
That's what he would be making if he worked a 12 hour shift at 15.5 an hour

Okay scenario #1: Lets assume he only works 5 days a week (Mon-Fri)
$217 a day * 5 == $1,085 every week (again this is BEFORE taxes & benefits)
$1,085 a week * 52 weeks in a year == $56,420 a year (again BEFORE taxes & benefits) (and assuming he doesn't take time off for sick days, etc)

Okay scenario #2: Lets assume he works on Saturday too
So that would be a 12 hour shift on Saturday, which would mean that whole day would be overtime
So..... $23.25 an hour * 12 hours == $279 for just Saturday
So.....add that to his weekly pay and you get == $1,364 a week (again BEFORE taxes & benefits)
$1,364 a week * 52 weeks in a year == $70,928 a year (if he worked Monday -Saturday for a 12 hour shift every day) (again BEFORE taxes & benefits)

For most people, for most states, the tax rate is 25%
So take away 25% from those number in bold
If he works Monday-Saturday for 12 hours every day not taking sick days off (I don't know if Amazon workers get paid sick days or not)
He would be bringing home roughly about.......... $53,000 in his pocket a year
Which is about average for most people in the US.....but look at the hours hes working to do it :dunno:

I did it 40 hours regular pay
32 Hours OT
You don't get paid PER DAY by OT it's anything over 40 hours in a work week
Anyway, you do get a good portion BACK from your OT tax in your refund I believe
Either way, 53k take home in DETROIT ain't bad by NO STRETCH

Last edited:

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor
Im glad most of the post here agree what this cat did was wrong. I hate when we as a community at times turn sorry ass niggas into martyrs.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is not that unusual that a truck gets abandoned happens all the time. Maybe not at Amazon but it happens. Most companies have chasers. I had a buddy that used to do this.
My brother worked at UPS, and he told me of this happening a few times. One dude found out on Wednesday he was going to be fired at the end of the week, so....

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Bruh, you know those managers fuck with those workers pockets all the damn time!! I'm sure with a company like amazon, has all types of head tricks they push on those delivery drivers.. When they should be taking care of them. If you think about it, those delivery workers are the face of Amazon. They are the only human face they see during their order process!! But I look at ish a little different and wouldn't last 2wks as a delivery person.. Good reply bruh

I was
Where was HIS pay cut by half? Don't make up silly analogies to try and make a point
He's paid $15.50 and hour and if he works more than 40 hours a week BY LAW they have to pay him overtime...PERIOD
Fuck this young cat thought?
You a delivery driver for the world's biggest e-commerce company

Lastly, FUCK you talking about "third world"???
Here CALIFORNIA...HARD WORK YOUNGSTER
(I can post a thousand of these BTW)

I asked you a question based off your comment. You talking mad shit and I bet you wouldn't settle for none of the bullshit you talking about. Nowhere in my response did I reference him and nowhere in your original response did you mention him. Keep posting a thousand vids of possible undocumented workers who have to settle for the minimum or less. Do you know the sacrifices these people gotta make to make those pennies they are making work? But a lot of them are cool with it because back home shit is a lot worst. I worked management in a company that made billions of dollars in profit yearly and I can testify first hand on the bullshit. Plus I got 4 family members that work at Amazon. There's a reason they have a high turn-over rate.
FOH.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I did it 40 hours regular pay
32 Hours OT
You don't get paid PER DAY by OT it's anything over 40 hours in a work week
Anyway, you do get a good portion BACK from your OT tax in your refund I believe

I understand that
I just typed it that way, to simplify things
But..... $15.5 an hour * 40 hours a week
+ 23.25 an hour overtime * 20 hours a week
Comes out to the same numbers I posted above
And when you include Saturdays, it comes out to the same numbers I posted

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
I understand that
I just typed it that way, to simplify things
But..... $15.5 an hour * 40 hours a week
+ 23.25 an hour overtime * 20 hours a week
Comes out to the same numbers I posted above
And when you include Saturdays, it comes out to the same numbers I posted

I answered someone saying he was working 6 days a week 12 hours a day
That's 72 hours a week
40 hours @ 15.50
32 hours @ 23.25

Last edited:

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I am very grateful to have the job I have right now but in the mid 90s I used to deliver furniture for Burdines (Macy’s bought them out by the way) And it was a tough job but I made a lot of money so I stayed with that job for two years until I had to move on. Also dudes take care of your woman because some of those housewives I ran into while delivering furniture was very juicy and I am going to leave at that.

Last edited:

wise

2009 & 2010 POY!!!
Certified Pussy Poster
:lol:i know exactly what he was going through. I tried it and quit not even two weeks in! They overload you with work then there are so many technical issues with the "rabbit" which is the scanning device and GPS. Hot summer days carrying large boxes up and down steps in apt buildings.
I was making more than that but still was not enough. Almost all of us were there cuz of Covid related issues. One brother was a laid off pilot.

Majority of the flex driver positions are subcontracted anyway. So your not technically working for Amazon directly.

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
I was

I asked you a question based off your comment. You talking mad shit and I bet you wouldn't settle for none of the bullshit you talking about. Nowhere in my response did I reference him and nowhere in your original response did you mention him. Keep posting a thousand vids of possible undocumented workers who have to settle for the minimum or less. Do you know the sacrifices these people gotta make to make those pennies they are making work? But a lot of them are cool with it because back home shit is a lot worst. I worked management in a company that made billions of dollars in profit yearly and I can testify first hand on the bullshit. Plus I got 4 family members that work at Amazon. There's a reason they have a high turn-over rate.
FOH.

Listen, I'm NOT 22....
I WENT to college. If he can set up a better position for himself in DETROIT
making more money....DO IT.
I can talk shit, I paid my dues when I was 22 and I certainly wasn't making 96k
WORK ETHIC and forward thinking is LOST. He's 22, fuck he wants??
I'll let you answer that

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I answered someone saying he was working 6 days a week 12 hours a day
That's 72 hours a week
40 hours @ 15.50
32 hours @ 23.25

Yes, and I did the same
Look at where I posted "Scenario #2 if he works a 12 hour shift on Saturday too"
That would be a total of 72 hours
With all of those hours, he was actually making about $71K a year before taxes, not $96K a year
But I get the point you were trying to make
Now a days jobs are hard to come by, especially with this coronavirus shit going on
I hope he has a backup plan, because I don't think he can even claim unemployment b/c he quit like that
Or I guess his backup plan is to live at his mommas house?

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Last edited:

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
Bruh I love all my family members especially moms and pops

Buuuuuiit

When it comes to my life choices fuck dat shit...

I got a few homies now ...

In miserable situations because they trying to still please their parents...

Mad at a knigga because I won't be dat knigga his wife be hatin because her husband never home..

Im like thats you bruh you got to deal with your wife's wrath..

Don't get mad at me because you can't fuck hoes Willy nilly...

I ain't tryin to have a family just so my parents could brag...

Life is so much sweeter when you know your self

And act accordingly...

Right on, bruh!!
:lol:i know exactly what he was going through. I tried it and quit not even two weeks in! They overload you with work then there are so many technical issues with the "rabbit" which is the scanning device and GPS. Hot summer days carrying large boxes up and down steps in apt buildings.
I was making more than that but still was not enough. Almost all of us were there cuz of Covid related issues. One brother was a laid off pilot.

Majority of the flex driver positions are subcontracted anyway. So your not technically working for Amazon directly.

I'm in Nebraska and all those Amazon delivery people worked for a contractor, but wore and drove vans that had Amazon on them!! They really didn't work for Amazon.. I had an interview with one and the guy told me I would be working damn near 15hrs sum days(all days) and might get Monday and Tuesday off.. I was looking for a job for something to do, I walked away!! I knew my azz would've been workin mad hours!! If I'm going to work like that, I might as well go to fedex, ups or the post office!!