"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I get what your saying, but I think they're hinting at a missing variable we haven't figured out yet. Why does the virus spread so quickly in some places and not others?

They need to check the activity of the citizens and see how many are social distancing, staying home, going back to church etc. Just because a state ended lockdown, doesn't mean people are going back to open businesses. My hairstylist let me know she is taking clients, but I don't plan on returning until at least next year.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They need to check the activity of the citizens and see how many are social distancing, staying home, going back to church etc. Just because a state ended lockdown, doesn't mean people are going back to open businesses. My hairstylist let me know she is taking clients, but I don't plan on returning until at least next year.

I think they do some of that already with cell phone data. But to your point about hairstylists...

Forty-six customers got tested and the rest waited out the incubation period in quarantine. I guess that's good news, but was the risk really worth it?

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Even though places are opening back up what most media outlets aren't reporting is people aren't running to them like business as usual. Have been show old footage of people out and about with businesses that went out of business or aren't there anymore. What kind of BS they trying to pull

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Even though places are opening back up what most media outlets aren't reporting is people aren't running to them like business as usual. Have been show old footage of people out and about with businesses that went out of business or aren't there anymore. What kind of BS they trying to pull

Man, certain spots in my area are popping like ain’t shit going on. The biggest thing I’ve noticed is most, if not all, FAST FOOD spots are not doing dining in. Other, local spots are dining in.

Last edited:

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm thinking this may be a big part of it. Georgia is one of the states that reopened and has yet to show a major spike (although numbers don't appear to be going down, either). There are several major areas where people are not just rushing back out. Yes, some people have just gone back to business as usual, but the local leaders preached caution, and a lot of people have listened. It may be a case of the cautious people keeping the knuckleheads from spiking out of control.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is my thinking. Something is definitely "missing."
Politically, we were hoping the virus would freeze out the administration by advocating for the lockdown. We could then highlight to everyone that the Republican Party policy of self reliance was inappropriate in today’s world.

States have been “open” for more than a month and deaths have seemed to plateaued at 900-1000 a day. It appears most Americans are okay with it long as it’s not in the news. The president was right about that. Long as NYC governor isn’t commanding the spotlight he doesn’t have to go against anything in prime time.

China just decided to lock down Beijing.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man, certain spots in my area are popping like ain’t shit going on. The biggest thing I’ve noticed is most, if not all, FAST FOOD spots are not doing dining in. Other, local spots are dining in.
I saw a couple white patrons dining it at a couple restaurants today also without masks. Dining in is okay long as the place is ventilated properly. Those people were sitting outside.

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea in Georgia, they done started back with AAU tournaments. And I mean like the whole in the wall types of tournaments so you know it's not if any precautions going on... I was looking as at one tournament on Facebook live and no one was wearing a mask and they were all just sitting on top of each other.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

29600438-8418787-image-m-93_1592155637971.jpg

29599906-8418787-image-a-89_1592154276049.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

29590538-0-image-a-64_1592128794978.jpg

29351694-8418955-Prime_Minister_Jacinda_Ardern_said_the_country_had_united_in_unp-a-8_1592131795500.jpg

29344630-8418955-A_summary_of_NZ_s_battle_with_COVID_19-a-9_1592131795501.jpg

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
China’s Sinovac says its coronavirus vaccine showed positive results in trials
Chinese vaccine-maker Sinovac Biotech has announced “positive preliminary” results of phase I and II clinical trials for its Covid-19 vaccine candidate, CoronaVac, saying it can induce a positive immune response.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member

29590538-0-image-a-64_1592128794978.jpg
meanwhile in the usa...

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Well gang my job only made it a week of us going back to normal till this morning, we were ordered to resume work at home and no more than 5 people at the office at a time, due to some of our other office tenants who are state and federal employees. Word is one of the offices here had over half their work force pop positive.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Well gang my job only made it a week of us going back to normal till this morning, we were ordered to resume work at home and no more than 5 people at the office at a time, due to some of our other office tenants who are state and federal employees. Word is one of the offices here had over half their work force pop positive.

Man, it’s going to be like that for just about every place. Which is laughable that some colleges and school systems are still talking about opening in August.