"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Needed some work done on the car. So I walked to the shop to go get the vehicle. Let me tell you that this 'new normal' seems to be very close to the old normal up here in NE Ohio. Shop is 4 miles away, so I got to observe a good deal in slow motion. Passed a couple hair salons and I don't know what rules they were following. :smh:

Parking lots jam packed. People outside kicking it.

I guess 'new normal' is going to vary greatly by region. I said it before, the numbers just aren't there yet and combining that with official reopenings does give confidence(or false sense of reality as you stated). I searched online for Georgia and shit didn't hit the fan there since reopening 3 weeks ago. If Ohio mirrors that, forget about it. It will be summer as usual up here. :smh:
Went to Lyndhurst Aldi yesterday. Some old dude, with a mask on, was telling the guy cleaning the cart that this is all not needed. Then asked him does he know anyone that died from it. :hmm: I was so tempted to say "Do you know anyone who died from SARS or Ebola?! Then stfu." But not worth my time.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

NINTCHDBPICT000583508060.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

NINTCHDBPICT000583509029.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000583565404-e1589750206837.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000583565409.jpg

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

It's fucked up though. If the places that reopen ain't hit hard, the COVID deniers just get more bold. It's like we're in a no-win scenario with them. :smh: We don't want death and chaos, but we know rushing the process ain't the best way either.

If this thing truly is seasonal and that is going to keep the numbers from skyrocketing, we could be in for a nasty surprise come fall as people are beating their chests about numbers not skyrocketing after reopening.

What a fucking mess we're in. It's May 17 and Ohio still hasn't paid PUA claims, so I'm not wondering why all these salons/barbers rushing to open up and get bread. This shit is truly shameful. :smh:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Death reports for the U.S. and North Carolina as of May 16th.

Total U.S. deaths are 88,754 and for North Carolina deaths are 676.

deaths-0516-without NY.png

Daily U.S. deaths are on a decline while North Carolina deaths remain steady.

deaths-0516-Daily.png

Projected death tolls for the next 7 days. We are projected to hit 100k by May 23rd.

5/17
5/18
5/19
5/20
5/21
5/22
5/23
90,653​
92,299​
93,945​
95,590​
97,236​
98,882​
100,528​

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
It's fucked up though. If the places that reopen ain't hit hard, the COVID deniers just get more bold. It's like we're in a no-win scenario with them. :smh: We don't want death and chaos, but we know rushing the process ain't the best way either.

If this thing truly is seasonal and that is going to keep the numbers from skyrocketing, we could be in for a nasty surprise come fall as people are beating their chests about numbers not skyrocketing after reopening.

What a fucking mess we're in. It's May 17 and Ohio still hasn't paid PUA claims, so I'm not wondering why all these salons/barbers rushing to open up and get bread. This shit is truly shameful. :smh:
Yeah take a look at Texas and see what’s going on there this is going to come back no this is already coming back and biting them in the ass

Last edited:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

Just because they are open for business doesn't mean folks are going out in large numbers. There was one group tracking cell phone signals, a lot of folks are staying close to home. The governor in GA is telling folks to go out, but the mayors have had a counter message telling folks to stay home.

I only leave once every 1-2 weeks and when my hair stylist contacted me, I declined the appointment. My sis in TX and other sis in Geneva both had appointments within the past week tho. Dumbasses. One is almost 70 and gets hers braided. The other has a public facing job. Since going natural about 15 years ago, the only thing I don't do is my own cuts/trims. I have hair shears so I could if the snarls became unbearable tho. As far as I'm concerned, I'm good until this time next year.

The thing to watch is number of deaths to see if they spike. Regardless of them hiding or not reporting cases, they shouldn't be able to hide the numbers of bodies.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'd put them all in one place on a blog or something you can link to also. It would be helpful to have it all in one place to refer to and compare week after week.

I have considered make a website. My only issue is that my spreadsheets isn’t automated enough and the map making is still very manual. Once I can figure out the coding, it will be easier to build a site.

Last edited:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Opening back up was the right thing to do. The problem is that we don’t have great leadership in the White House. There is nothing wrong with opening up but the government should have had strict rules for businesses ignoring social distancing

lf a business is caught not obeying social distancing then they are shut down for two weeks. The second offense is a month and the third offense is 3 months.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

The United States is 4.3% of the world's population but has 29% of the world's coronavirus deaths and going up.And,31% of the world's coronavirus cases but hey folks want the country to open up.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The United States is 4.3% of the world's population but has 29% of the world's coronavirus deaths and going up.And,31% of the world's coronavirus cases but hey folks want the country to open up.

The country can bleed a million deaths and it won’t matter. It is bad enough this country elected a black man, you’re going to tell those morons that a white man is a fuck up too? Nah. You can’t take these loses so quickly.

But they’re going to have to accept those loses.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I’ve posted many times that white women should do the honorable thing and kill themselves.

I think feminism is the white mans Trojan horse to white women. Aspire to be me, only in the end not only hate yourself but realize you’ve been feeding the ego of the white man all along.

In what world does prostituting yourself empowering?

Ultimately, we know white women are worthless. It’s why their men treat them like that.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

If,this was a black woman, the police would be called on her. White women bitch and complain about everything yet they're the ones that voted for this moron,participated in slavery but want to act like their history is clean,gotten countless black men thrown in prison or killed but want to act like they're innocent.

They earn more money than black people,especially black men,on average but want more money,they're the #1 benefactors of affirmative action but complain about not having managerial jobs.It's like people are scared to call out their fuckery when all they want is the same privileges as white men.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If,this was a black woman, the police would be called on her. White women bitch and complain about everything yet they're the ones that voted for this moron,participated in slavery but want to act like their history is clean,gotten countless black men thrown in prison or killed but want to act like they're innocent.

They earn more money than black people,especially black men,on average but want more money,they're the #1 benefactors of affirmative action but complain about not having managerial jobs.It's like people are scared to call out their fuckery when all they want is the same privileges as white men.
But can you blame her/them for wanting more money in their homes?

I’ve said numerous times, unless a white woman can accept her son is not better than others, nothing will change.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member

A Georgia church that reopened after shutting down due to the coronavirus has axed in-person services again in what they describe as “an effort of extreme caution” as several of their families have become infected by the deadly disease.

Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle, an independent Baptist church led by Pastor Justin Gazaway in Ringgold, Georgia, restarted in-person services on April 26. Church representative Joan Lewis told The Christian Post on Monday, however, that they decided to suspend “in-person worship services for the foreseeable future” on May 11 after learning several families had contracted the virus.