New mid engine C8 Corvette (Mane,Listen!)

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Front nose lift with 1000 locations that can be saved and automatically triggered by GPS

:frozen: So damn cold!!!! I can’t get into many parking lots or parking garages. Now I can just set mark locations and it lifts on its own.
:itsawrap:

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree. People on boards wanted a single exhaust like the C7. Lot of nitpicking out there. For that price, with that power, you won’t find anything new, with all those options for that little money. If the 2LT looks as good as it think, I’ll trade my Z06 for one and ride off clean.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
I didn't like the back of the C7 at first either. It grew on me. I'll wait and see it in person. The GM Tech center is only a few block away. I see the camo covered Vettes everyday even on the weekend so they are working over time to get these out on time. No word on convertible yet. I'm still leaning on copping the C7 vert over this. I hope prices drop. Buying used let's someone else take the depreciation hit and there's so damn many Vettes with under 20K miles in every year one could want.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Wtf?
There’s too much Camaro design language in the rear.
I see 6 things I would immediately change in the exterior design in whole.
There are an excessive amount of creases and tension lines in the sheet metal.

The interior, sigh. All I can say is it’s a large improvement from the days of the C5 - but still behind its contemporaries.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
I stand corrected.

convert_6a7dd51f5c20839e842ef81d528bf1d17484754e.jpg

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Front nose lift with 1000 locations that can be saved and automatically triggered by GPS

:frozen: So damn cold!!!! I can’t get into many parking lots or parking garages. Now I can just set mark locations and it lifts on its own.
That is a super dope feature. I absolutely love the interior.

The aftermarket for this thing is going to be insane!!!!! Supercar looks and mid engine design for 60K-70K. With some super aggressive wheels/drop, this Vette will look like it cost 100K more than it does.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Wtf?

The interior, sigh. All I can say is it’s a large improvement from the days of the C5 - but still behind its contemporaries.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't like the back of the C7 at first either. It grew on me. I'll wait and see it in person. The GM Tech center is only a few block away. I see the camo covered Vettes everyday even on the weekend so they are working over time to get these out on time. No word on convertible yet. I'm still leaning on copping the C7 vert over this. I hope prices drop. Buying used let's someone else take the depreciation hit and there's so damn many Vettes with under 20K miles in every year one could want.
Lotta people didn't realize, that this was going to be the C7. GM made the call to switch to mid-engine back when it was time to start redesigning the C6. Then the bankruptcy happened and they had to scale back spending so they essentially kept the same front mid layout of the C6, beefed up the chassis and transplanted the C8 design cues to the the C7.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wtf?

@60K, it's a class leader w/ it's interior. It's all subjective anyway. There will always be people that think other cars have a better interior, but this Vette's
interior is on par w/ anyone's interior in material quality and design.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@60K, it's a class leader w/ it's interior. It's all subjective anyway. There will always be people that think other cars have a better interior, but this Vette's
Agreed. You’re getting all that for the price of what most other cars depreciate down to. I looked at a Porsche Panamera (130k new). They half that 2 years later. A new Vette cost the value you would lose if you bought a new Porsche or BMW I8.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This car is gonna replace the BMW i8 in every up & coming rapper's videos lol. I'm not gonna front ,the starting price is attractive & the car looks good overall (minus the Camaro looking rear).

I'm a foreign car lover but I'd consider copping this.

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
$60K for a decontented base model.

You and I know a nicely equipped model is going to stretch into the $70s, and the range toppers will breech $100k.

I won’t debate interior materials and switch gear in GM vehicles. They’re poor feel and appointment, and notorious for not holding up.

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man what I scrape every time I come out my driveway. Those little plastic things in front hit, not the actual splitter. Other part to the new C8 is maintenance.. Spark plugs, Belts, alternator, anything on that engine. Unless I miss something how do you access those things? Got to take that straight to the dealer.

Edit: Just watch the video on here looks like it accessible through the trunk. Look like they gave us preview of the C8 Zr1 when it was on the track with the big wing on the back

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$60K for a decontented base model.

You and I know a nicely equipped model is going to stretch into the $70s, and the range toppers will breech $100k.

I won’t debate interior materials and switch gear in GM vehicles. They’re poor feel and appointment, and notorious for not holding up.

Meh... Neither one of us has touched or even seen the interior in person. The history of GM vehicles means nothing with this all new Vette. It's obvious they stepped up their game.