Chernobyl (2019) HBO Series

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The show is really good. One thing that is wild to me is how they portrayed life in Russia. Everybody drinks vodka straight out of coffee mugs and most people live in projects. They are clean but still the same set up. Everything is very basic because communism takes away incentive to create and innovate. They seem to just do their job and keep it moving. Everything seems to be done under fear of execution. You don't get fired, you get walked away by armed executioners.

Owes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The show is really good. One thing that is wild to me is how they portrayed life in Russia. Everybody drinks vodka straight out of coffee mugs and most people live in projects. They are clean but still the same set up. Everything is very basic because communism takes away incentive to create and innovate. They seem to just do their job and keep it moving. Everything seems to be done under fear of execution. You don't get fired, you get walked away by armed executioners.

this

The scene where the officials are discussing what to do about the "reactor fire" ends with the old soviet party official delivering a message about how the people should be kept in the dark by the state who know what's best for them.
BN-HU754_UKRLAW_P_20150409141437.jpg

The main thing it pushes is feminism though with blundering idiot men with power, and intelligent common sense women who have no power.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Well, the deal is that any and all intellectual property was automatically owned by the State. Party Leaders lived lavishly though, ate good and had decent cars, etc. As long as the State controlled the means of production, one couldn't go supply themselves with the best materials available for purchase from other countries and such.
If those who DID the creation and innovations were cut in even at a small percentage or enough to keep up with the Doyeski's, shit prolly woulda been somewhat different.:dunno:

I remember when the Berlin Wall fell and a West German family that I was linked up with (German-American Friendship Program) sponsored this FIONE chick from E. Berlin. We (they, but I was there with them) took this chick to the store to buy her clothing and basic sundries, the chick broke down and cried at the overwhelming amount of choice of TOOTHPASTE.

North Korea has a facade of a town filled with Western goods that no N Korean can buy even if they could afford it.
Muhfuckas would've been happy af to have access to goods from the West, so a big bonus/cut of the action and shit to spend it on would've been productive.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Thanks for adding this doc. You can see where the miniseries drew from for the recreation of the events.

Shit was crazy as fuck. I've been a nuclear weapons /accidents & cold war geopolitical buff for a long time, so Chernobyl is obviously something I've known about. But I never put 2+2 together to realize that the debris on the roof was actually core material until watching this series. Maaaaan :smh:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
As a dog lover...Ep 4 was hard on me lol..... so Emo Radiation Woman child didnt last 4 hours but she lives on to tell the story.......karma.

I was pissed like shit at her.

I know that's your husband, but you have a child.

Did she think they were lying to her? You're seeing dudes skin eat away, and you think it's a game? I can't even imagine how the baby looked.

godmc

International
International Member
Shit was crazy as fuck. I've been a nuclear weapons /accidents & cold war geopolitical buff for a long time, so Chernobyl is obviously something I've known about. But I never put 2+2 together to realize that the debris on the roof was actually core material until watching this series. Maaaaan :smh:

I’ve been reading up on nuclear related incidents and I never realized Chernobyl was that bad with helicopters falling out the sky and shit. Core material on a roof. Instructions to go “see” if the reactor is exposed. Wtf. Death from watching a reactor for a few seconds literally. I thought Fukushima was bad. Jeezus.

godmc

International
International Member
I was pissed like shit at her.

I know that's your husband, but you have a child.

Did she think they were lying to her? You're seeing dudes skin eat away, and you think it's a game? I can't even imagine how the baby looked.

Things were different back then...no internet. People didn’t understand the dangers. Even party officials and they knew more than the public.

She thinks it’s just burns. By then it was already too late the first time she hugged him.

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
Just finished the show and... fucking wow

giphy.gif

As a series - mini or otherwise - its damn near impossible to top. And as a story :eek2: :eek: :smh: I'm watching the shit like - fucking hell this shit really happened...

I felt it for Boris, questioning his whole life worth
Khomyuk is a relentless bitch
Legasov with the weight of the whole world on his shoulders. I thought for a minute that he was gonna play ball. But they squeezed the shit out of him
Diatlov - super cunt. I hope im spelling his name wrong
Akimov, Toptomov and crew... respect! Yall had no idea you were walking to your death when you checked in at work (fuck Diatlov)
KGB - cmon tho, what yall expect
The pencil pushers went back to pushing pencils - typical :smh:

PS - Legasov explaining nuclear reactor physics, chemistry and fluid mechanics to a courtroom full of regular ass folks... we salute you, sir

giphy.gif

Mr. Lengthy

King_of_Posts

Rising Star
Registered
Just finished the show and... fucking wow

giphy.gif

As a series - mini or otherwise - its damn near impossible to top. And as a story :eek2: :eek: :smh: I'm watching the shit like - fucking hell this shit really happened...

I felt it for Boris, questioning his whole life worth
Khomyuk is a relentless bitch
Legasov with the weight of the whole world on his shoulders. I thought for a minute that he was gonna play ball. But they squeezed the shit out of him
Diatlov - super cunt. I hope im spelling his name wrong
Akimov, Toptomov and crew... respect! Yall had no idea you were walking to your death when you checked in at work (fuck Diatlov)
KGB - cmon tho, what yall expect
The pencil pushers went back to pushing pencils - typical :smh:

PS - Legasov explaining nuclear reactor physics, chemistry and fluid mechanics to a courtroom full of regular ass folks... we salute you, sir

giphy.gif

Mr. Lengthy

That courtroom testimony and Legasov's ease of explanation was incredible. Broke that shit down to the studs and kept everyone engaged and informed. The three testifying broke that shit all the way down..... Even the military guy was WELL informed by the time he ended up in that courtroom. He was just a govt shill at the very beginning wanting the chopper to fly directly over the reactor. Of anyone, he came the longest way if you ask me.

I'm gonna watch all Episodes again. This shit was near perfection in it's execution and the best such series I've seen in a very long time. I see why HBO be blowing these other networks out of the water come awards time.

Jared Harris and some others will surely be nominated for several awards when the time comes.

Last edited:

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Shit.... even if they didn’t send all those niggas to clean up that reactor, niggas would’ve died of cancer anyway. Seems like everyone in every single scene are smoking cigarettes. They even gave a cigarette to that new born baby and those dogs and cats they were killing. Everyone and everything was fucking smoking.
I had quipped earlier that this was the most smoking I've seen on film since flicks and shows from the 50s and 60s. :roflmao:

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Very satisfying conclusion. Other than the Khomyuk character being an aggregate of a lot of other scientists, I don't think there's been another DocuDrama as well executed as this one.

Had a lot of similarities to this HBO film
250px-Citizen_X_%28poster%29.jpg
from back in the day

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
Lot of skill on display with this finale. All of the narrative tension and action had pretty much been gone through in the previous episodes. This one was literally just filling in the beginning of the story and it was basically a lot of exposition, which is something you always want to avoid in storytelling -- and yet it was totally riveting. That extended scene where Jared Harris basically breaks down how a nuclear reactor works and then goes step-by-step through what went wrong, I was on the edge of my seat watching that. Very bold choice by Mazin to structure the show like that, and really top shelf acting to pull that off.

Why the fuck couldn't Game of Thrones have... you know what, never mind.

The last line "...wondering about the cost of lies" was perfect. I hope this show gets flushed with Emmys. Talk about craftsmanship from top to bottom and a lot of it was subtle. It was shot digitally, but it was graded in post to look like old 35MM film, the way HBO original movies looked back in the 80's. Even the fonts they used in the credits, with that soft, dull white looked like the HBO I watched as a kid.

Now what the fuck am I gonna do with my Monday nights?

Dyatlov was a huge asshole :smh:

Man listen... it's been a while since I've watched a show or a movie and like a real visceral reaction to a "bad guy". This dude was a real piece of shit. Just thinking back to the first episode he ordering motherfuckers literally to their deaths because he didn't wanna believe the core actually exploded. :curse: Homie played the fuck outta that part.

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Dude, you're thinking of Wakanda. That's, uh, not real.

A lot of history is actually a cover up of the fact that blacks are the original owners of the earth. I cannot reference the material because it was some years back when I studied it. I have been lucky enough to come across different material that a lot of the masses have not come across. Somebody on posted an article about a natural nuclear reactor that was found in Africa that was millions of years old. I can tell you certain things but it is hard proving it. There is a lot of technology that has been studied in secrecy because they do not want anyone to know about it's origin. The origin is blacks.
I have been trying to at least promote the truth about the garden of Eden. Whites were not in the garden of eden. The garden of eden was a time period before other races were grafted from us. Whites with there Christianity, historians, etc. did a good job of out talking everybody to cloud the truth.
Einstein claimed to be the first person to come up with a formula to split an atom and create nuclear power. Einstein never saw an atom. So how the hell did he come up with a formula to split one?
Tesla seems to be another white that I believe was allowed to study things kept secret from the masses. In fact Tesla tried to claim he got a lot of his technology from aliens. There is a lot that can be said about this. But it is strange to me how whites can have so many top secret places like the Vatican, s4 at area 51, the underground military base in New Mexico, etc. But whites make sure they always around us and involved with us. It almost make me thing of the movie total recall. The dude had a job and a wife. Both the job and wife was to make sure the erase of his mind took and that he do not remember exactly who he is. That seems to be what happened to our race.
But as far as the information, I had read this a long time ago about blacks using nuclear power. But not for weapons. I really do not think it was as dangerous back then as the way they use and control it today.
Throughout the generations a lot has been hid and destroyed. If I was rich I might be able to track some of the material down that I have been lucky enough to come across. I do not want to sound strange but all over the world under the guidance of white power they are working constantly trying to destroy some evidence that has stayed alive for millions of years. While most blacks pay no attention to what some whites refer to as ufo's . There is a world conspiracy to keep this totally hid and destroy it if possible. Elijah was right there is a possibility of some hidden power to maybe help the righteous get the earth and universe back from white power and the rule of these devils. We have yet to see if this is true. Only God can read the far and distance future.

BlkStrength

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This whole thread tho

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
Kate Brown's Manual For Survival, says they flew after the "inky black billows of radioactive waste" and shot at it with silver iodide.

1 reply 8 retweets 72 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 8 Like 72 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
This is known as "cloud seeding" and the effect is to make the targeted clouds rain. The Soviet Air Force were skilled at manipulating the weather in this way, having began studying "cloud physics" during the war.

2 replies 7 retweets 72 likes
Reply 2 Retweet 7 Like 72 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
Brown's book points out that "cloud physics" had peacetime uses too, with TU-16 bombers making sure the sun shone over Moscow for the 1980 Olympics.

5 replies 7 retweets 66 likes
Reply 5 Retweet 7 Like 66 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
So they forced the radioactive cloud to rain, making it unleash its fallout over Belarus, and Moscow was kept safe.

2 replies 12 retweets 81 likes
Reply 2 Retweet 12 Like 81 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
The pilots and crew received terrible doses of radiation. The commander, Grushin, "in his forties walked with crutches. Two men in his command had amputated legs. Five pilots had portions of their stomachs cut out."

2 replies 11 retweets 73 likes
Reply 2 Retweet 11 Like 73 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
Weather manipulation was also used to the opposite effect in Chernobyl. Instead of forcing it to rain, sometimes the Soviets desperately needed dry weather to keep the radiation under some kind of control.

1 reply 7 retweets 54 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 7 Like 54 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
Example: heavy rain clouds approaching the Exclusion Zone provoked worries a sudden cloudburst would swamp the Pripyat River, picking up radioactive particles and flooding them into the Dnipro which feeds Kiev.

1 reply 5 retweets 53 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 5 Like 53 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
So they needed to stop the rain. Pilots released "Cement 600, a mix of cement and reagents that dried up moisture from clouds." So they were making it pour over Belarus, and keeping it dry over Ukraine.

1 reply 5 retweets 60 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 5 Like 60 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
"No-one told the Belarusians that the southern half of the republic had been sacrificed to protect Russian and Ukrainian cities."

All of the above from Kate Brown's new book on Chernobyl, MANUAL FOR SURVIVAL.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude, you're thinking of Wakanda. That's, uh, not real.
Lol trust me when it comes to the history of the earth and the truth about the garden of eden whites have been successful at trying to out talk everybody else. And I was not in favor of that movie. A lot of blacks cheered that movie but it was not a movie about separation and blacks finally doing for self and kind it did not really interest me. But I watched it anyway and I saw some remarkable programming of the minds of people that watched it. Right now everybody is being heavily spied on and I can tell you two main reasons why.
Anyway just like they killed Jesus and took over what he was really doing they would do it now. Whites have a need to feel first and to feel that they are superior. And keeping this artificial mind and implanting it in everybody else keeps them in power in a world of lies and falsehood. They will kill to keep this control. When Jesus did the things all blacks use to do they went all out to immediately kill him and remove truth. If we lived by the truth then men like Rothschild, Bush, etc. would not be superior. If we lived by truth there would be no prisons and homeless. Trust me brother if you knew what is really going on you would not even be helping demons to program your children.

Last edited:

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
dont fuck with the kgb smh

also one of you smart niggas explain to me why there are still trees growing and shit if that place is poison?

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
This whole thread tho

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
Kate Brown's Manual For Survival, says they flew after the "inky black billows of radioactive waste" and shot at it with silver iodide.

1 reply 8 retweets 72 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 8 Like 72 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
This is known as "cloud seeding" and the effect is to make the targeted clouds rain. The Soviet Air Force were skilled at manipulating the weather in this way, having began studying "cloud physics" during the war.

2 replies 7 retweets 72 likes
Reply 2 Retweet 7 Like 72 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
Brown's book points out that "cloud physics" had peacetime uses too, with TU-16 bombers making sure the sun shone over Moscow for the 1980 Olympics.

5 replies 7 retweets 66 likes
Reply 5 Retweet 7 Like 66 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
So they forced the radioactive cloud to rain, making it unleash its fallout over Belarus, and Moscow was kept safe.

2 replies 12 retweets 81 likes
Reply 2 Retweet 12 Like 81 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
The pilots and crew received terrible doses of radiation. The commander, Grushin, "in his forties walked with crutches. Two men in his command had amputated legs. Five pilots had portions of their stomachs cut out."

2 replies 11 retweets 73 likes
Reply 2 Retweet 11 Like 73 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
Weather manipulation was also used to the opposite effect in Chernobyl. Instead of forcing it to rain, sometimes the Soviets desperately needed dry weather to keep the radiation under some kind of control.

1 reply 7 retweets 54 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 7 Like 54 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
Example: heavy rain clouds approaching the Exclusion Zone provoked worries a sudden cloudburst would swamp the Pripyat River, picking up radioactive particles and flooding them into the Dnipro which feeds Kiev.

1 reply 5 retweets 53 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 5 Like 53 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
So they needed to stop the rain. Pilots released "Cement 600, a mix of cement and reagents that dried up moisture from clouds." So they were making it pour over Belarus, and keeping it dry over Ukraine.

1 reply 5 retweets 60 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 5 Like 60 Direct message

Julie McDowall

@JulieAMcDowall
23h23 hours ago
More
"No-one told the Belarusians that the southern half of the republic had been sacrificed to protect Russian and Ukrainian cities."

All of the above from Kate Brown's new book on Chernobyl, MANUAL FOR SURVIVAL.

:smh:

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cigs n vodka was the Russian diet On this show. Cause I barely saw anyone eat a goddamn thing.them animal hunters had sausage and bread wit the Cigs n vodka at least.

:lol:

Vyatlov was a true piece of shit.. Them workers didn't have to listen tho. Your career or a cancerous death cloud raining down on The world. Decisions decisions. :smh: