BGOL review .. BATMAN V SUPERMAN... (thoughts, summary, spoilers)

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
104086.gif

Batman V Superman early screening last night was interesting, the highly anticipated sequel to Man of Steel was joyless, grim, violent, gritty, dark and convoluted. I expected much worse, due to my poor opinion of Man of Steel. As a Batman film it works well, just too many moving parts with no sense of wonder.

The Good:
Ben Affleck fits Batman well
Laurence Fishburne
Fight scenes were brutally realistic
Snyder CGI is standard
Wonder Woman
Fight between Superman and Batman

The Bad:
The plot is basic without context for key characters
Lex Luthor
Trailers showed too much
other Justice League intros
Generally random

The Ugly:
Superman needs Prozac badly
Doomsday plot
Lois Lane
Too long

Plot Summary below (spoiler warning)

YOU'RE HEADED TOWARDS THE SPOILERS !!!!!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !!!! (((SPOILERS))))

Bruce Wayne is in Metropolis during Zod Superman fight, he saves an employee of his who loses his legs in a building collapse. In the Indian Ocean some divers find a huge piece of Kryptonite. Lois Lane goes to Africa for BBC and a story, gets captured and Superman shows up to save her.

Lex Luthor is trying to get the Kryptonite and Zod's Kryptonian spaceship for research. He gets Zod and access to the information on his ship, while Batman researches the "White Portuguese" and discovers it's a deception for Kryptonite by hacking Lex Luthors database at his party (where he meets Clark and Wonder Woman) She steals zip drive. Batman tries to steal the shipment of Kryptonite, but is stopped by Superman who tells him "The Bat is done"

Wonder Woman returns zip drive to Batman who finds Luthors files on "META" humans and then Batman steals the Kryptonite (we see glimpses of Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman, & Cyborg). Senate has a hearing on whether Superman should have some regulations to follow, Luthor is present, as is Bruce Wayne's employee who lost his legs. Lex Luthor bought the former employee a new wheelchair, which blows up the hearing while Superman is being questioned... all the Senators die.

Batman is doing Cruel Crossfit training and weaponizing Kryptonite. Luthor starts creating Doomsday, and kidnaps Lois and Martha Kent. Batman turns his Batlight on and waits for Superman. Clark had disappeared, but once Luthor throws Lois off the top of his LexCorp Skyscraper he appears to save her. Then Superman goes to kill Luthor but he shows him pictures of Martha Kent and says unless you kill Batman your mom dies.

Superman and Batman fight in Gotham, Superman tries to explain but Batman gives no fuck. He uses Kryptonite gas to weaken Superman and beats that ass Rampage Jackson style. Batman created a kryptonite spear to kill Superman and as he's about to use it Superman says "Martha!" ....Batman gets angrier than Ben Carson at a Scientology conference and asks Supes "Why did you say that name?!?!" (their Mothers have the same names) Superman says Luthor's going to kill my mom, Batman has a flashback to his mother being killed and his dad saying her name as she dies. Batman lays off Superman and goes to save Martha Kent (he saves her and says he's a friend of her sons *small laugh as she says I can tell)

Meanwhile Luthor has released Doomsday on Metropolis because Batman didn't kill Superman so he'll have another Kryptonian do it. Wonder Woman is catching Spirit Airlines somewhere and sees Doomsday tearing up the city, she heads into action. Superman takes Doomsday up into outer space and the U.S. government shoots nuclear missles at them both. The warheads hit Doom and Supes, Doomsday falls back to earth stronger and Superman looks like Orin Hatch orbiting in space.

Back in Metropolis Batman is trying to fight Doomsday and is about to get heat visioned when Wonder Woman shows up and protects him with her bracelets. Wonder Woman fights Doomsday like a divorcee trying to get the house and is doing some damage. Lois Lane tries to find the Kryptonite spear Batman was going to use on Supes and she starts to drown. Superman floating in space gets hit with the direct sun rays and comes back to life in time to save Lois from drowning.

Supes grabs the spear (it weakens him) has a Notebook like moment with Lois and flies into Doomsday with the kryptonite spear... they both die. Superman has a Sir William Wallace type of funeral (bagpipes and all) the Daily Planet reads "Superman Dead" ...Batman and Wonder Woman talk about finding the others while Lois puts dirt on Clark's casket

.....then the dirt starts to rise /FADE TO BLACK - the end. No post credit scene,

Overall grade C+

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Just got back from the theater

I absolutely loved that damn movie. I really cant believe it.

:smh: They trying to pack too many storylines into one movie. :smh:

This was my biggest concern from the get but they do manage to pull it off.

Yes of course there is some shit you just have to accept as you do with ANY comic movie but the flow was very nice. I am truly stunned that I enjoyed that movie:eek:

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Just saw this myself. Stretchwallz, your reviews are always entertaining to read, just for the one-liners alone, even if I somewhat disagree with your overall assessment. I actually liked MOS, so I'll say that if anyone disliked MOS, they probably won't like this either.

This actually worked much better as a Batman movie guest-starring Superman and Wonder Woman. Affleck is a great Batman; I can't believe anyone ever doubted him. The plot was somewhat convo,used and Eisenberg's Lex was annoying, which was obvious from the trailers.

Amy Adams doesn't have the prettiest face but she gets my dick hard. Something about how she carries herself and dresses. Lois was too all over the place in this just like MOS; Superman must be stalking her or have a tracking device on her because he ALWAYS knows where she is.

And fuck all y'all who say she's too skinny, because Gal Gadot is sexy as fuck.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Amy Adams doesn't have the prettiest face but she gets my dick hard. Something about how she carries herself and dresses. Lois was too all over the place in this just like MOS; Superman must be stalking her or have a tracking device on her because he ALWAYS knows where she is.

had a thing for AA since she appeared in that wack Cruel Intentions sequel

th

Amy+Adams+Hot-4.jpg

64037fefe410bfc988fc03d48bb96d96_full.jpg

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
everybody basically saying the same thing..ben was good, everybody was so so or bad; movie had too much going on; movie was too long; if you like MOS you probably will like this movie; otherwise shit wasnt average at best

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I actually liked MOS, so I'll say that if anyone disliked MOS, they probably won't like this either.
Naw I absolutley despised MOS but liked this.

This actually worked much better as a Batman movie guest-starring Superman and Wonder Woman. Affleck is a great Batman;

Agreed the way it started with bruce waynes pov took you out of the MOS BS and into this movie.

Gat daminit say it again she did have some serious sex appeal and they did a good job introducing her past lightly in the flow of the movie.

:cool:

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
Snyder On What We'll See In The BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE R-Rated "Ultimate Cut"

As we know, an R-rated extended edition ofBatman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is heading to Blu-ray, and Snyder outlines some of the extra stuff we'll be seeing during an interview with Collider...
132523.jpg
A longer, more adult-orientated cut of Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice will be with us later in the year, and now thanks to director Zack Snyder we have a slightly better idea of what to expect.

Snyder tells Collider that he refers to it as the "Ultimate Cut", because it's a much "deeper dive" into the world of the DCEU that we find ourselves immersed in in the film. Originally his vision ran even longer than the theatrical 2 and half hours, so this was his chance to restore some of content he was persuaded (forced?) to remove.

All of that is fine and good, but fans really want to know about this extra violence that warrants the R rating!

"There’s a little bit of action, there’s a little bit of violence that we trimmed out for the MPAA that we put back. The Batman warehouse rescue, there’s a couple shots of Doomsday that were too intense. Then there’s a little bit longer ending, sort of the ending sequence, and the opening of the movie, the North Africa sequence is really much different.”

Mouse over video for audio
volume-unmute.png

It will be interesting to see if any of the addition scenes make the movie flow better as a whole, and explain/flesh out some of the more... glossed over plot points

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Superman and Batman fight in Gotham, Superman tries to explain but Batman gives no fuck. He uses Kryptonite gas to weaken Superman and beats that ass Rampage Jackson style. Batman created a kryptonite spear to kill Superman and as he's about to use it Superman says "Martha!" ....Batman gets angrier than Ben Carson at a Scientology conference and asks Supes "Why did you say that name?!?!" (their Mothers have the same names)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
This was probably the worst movie that I've ever seen and I paid money to watch Waterworld and Epic Movie. I'm so angry over this fucking waste of shit. I swear to god I'll argue anyone down that comes in here saying that this movie was good. Batman had fucking 4 dream sequences... You can make an argument that he had 5... Wtf

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Jesse was ok until he went crazy. They wasted lex. He is no longer a threat for any other movies. They blew it. What was his end game on this? This isn't the lex that I know. Now he has no money, no power, and he blew his I know your secret identity card. Plus... Since he is Alive... Why doesn't lex just spill the beans that Clark Kent was superman? What is the harm now..... Hell he knows the identities of all the future justice league members.

What was batmans random desert flashback about? I'm mean they completely dropped that. All that shit about Louis was the key.... Never mentioned again. Why was their 5 fucking dream sequences.... Ughhhhh I haven't been this angry at a movie in my life. I really wanted this to be better.

Fucking Clark Kent can never go back to the daily planet. That's over... He was only there 18 months. So I guess it wasn't a big deal. Ughhhh this fucking movie man...