Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/st...-nba-draft-lottery-orlando-magic-get-2nd-pick

NEW YORK -- Nick Gilbert and the Cleveland Cavaliers have beaten the NBA lottery odds again.

The Cavaliers won the lottery for the second time in three years Tuesday, giving them the No. 1 pick for the June 27 draft.

Gilbert, owner Dan Gilbert's bowtie-wearing son, was on stage for another the victory. After he won it in 2011, the Cavs used the pick to take eventual Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving.

The Orlando Magic fell back one spot to No. 2, while the Washington Wizards vaulted from the No. 8 spot to third.

Ten years after winning the lottery that landed them LeBron James, the Cavaliers picked up another opportunity to help speed up the rebuilding process since his departure to Miami in 2010.

The potential No. 1 pick this year, Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel, is no James. But he could be a nice addition for the Cavs once he's recovered from a torn ACL -- if they keep the pick.

Dan Gilbert and the rest of the Cavs entourage -- all wearing bowties as well -- celebrated their latest victory, which came with 15.6 percent odds after they finished with the NBA's third-worst record at 24-58.

Dan Gilbert called Nick, born with Neurofibromatosis (NF), a nerve disorder that causes tumors to grow anywhere in the body at any time, his "hero" after the 2011 win.

Nick wore a stern look before this one, saying he expected he was done coming here and that he believed the Cavs would be in the playoffs next season.

They got a nice jump on that goal.

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
Too bad this ain't 2003, tho'. :lol::lol::lol:

Who the fuck he drafting?

That doesn't matter. Let's say he drafts the next Lebron. The hilarious thing is this.

The CBA he help and fought to get approve of. The same CBA that forced OKC to have to trade Harden, Memphis trade Gay and that will force the Pacers to break up their team. Will force him to do the same.

This is karma. Let's say the Cavs become the new OKC.

Well will their players take paycuts like KD, Westbrook and Ibaka did to stay together.

Only reason KD was able to get a 5 yr deal because his deal was sign prior to the lockout. Under this new CBA Gilbert can only sign one of them to 5 yr deal (likely Kyrie) and if he makes another all star game he qualifies for the Supermax 80-95 million over 5 yrs

Yea for the first two years things will be sweet but when it's time to negotiate contracts :lol::lol::lol:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Cavs have two first round and two second round picks. They'll probably be looking to trade a couple of them.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Am I the only one who sees Nerlens Noel as a bust in terms of expectations on a #1 pick? Shit, I'd be pissed if I was a Cavs fan, because they have to take Dude based on the media, but he's too damn one dimensional IMO... Dude will defend and rebound a little, but his skinny ass ain't muscling or scoring over anyone... You have be able to score consistently along with other stuff to be #1 pick as I see it... Dude is less than reliable on the offensive end outside of Dunks and putbacks... :hmm:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i dont see Noel being a game changer.....the Cavaliers need to trade down, especially with this class.

God's Gift

The best of the majority of you niggas.
BGOL Investor
Am I the only one who sees Nerlens Noel as a bust in terms of expectations on a #1 pick? Shit, I'd be pissed if I was a Cavs fan, because they have to take Dude based on the media, but he's too damn one dimensional IMO... Dude will defend and rebound a little, but his skinny ass ain't muscling or scoring over anyone... You have be able to score consistently along with other stuff to be #1 pick as I see it... Dude is less than reliable on the offensive end outside of Dunks and putbacks... :hmm:

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:
Why would anyone consider him #1 material. The kid never showed me he could dominate versus anyone in college and now you want him to guard hibbert?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

IMHO, Cody Zeller would be the best big man.

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
We'll be ok... I'm not mad at their pick? As long as we don't take Spencer Hawes, Jr. I'm good...

For the love of Jesus don't mention dat bitches name please!!!! :pain:

437xu.jpg

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

Will Noel have expectations from the average fan. He's a 206 lb center who doesn't much of an offensive game. He's basically Varejao who will get more steals. It's great that they got the 1rst pick but the wrong year. Too bad that this isn't next year's draft.

Personally I think that Otto Porter or Ben McLemore may be a better fits than Noel.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Damn. Even when the Cavs win, they lose. Ain't shit worth picking at the top.

And Killa, can't Gilbert pay people if he takes the Luxury Tax hit?

The Pope

His Holiness Pope Francis
Registered

I'm pretty sure Gilbert isn't going to take the luxury tax hit, hell you hear the rumblings that Miami will be forced to break up their big 3because of the upcoming tax, even though Pat Riley says they can keep all three, which I dont believe

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered

Yea if this was the old CBA. Gilbert was over the tax while Lebron was there but remember Lebron was bringing money in.

the Lakers have a 100 million dollar TV deal. That pays for their luxury tax. Now in 2014 you have to pay 4 dollars for every dollar you are over the tax.

A small market team minus a superstar. Not likely.

He did this to himself. Look a Dallas they won the chip and the new CBA scared Cuban off where he broke up his championship winning team.

OKC made the finals and had to break up their team.

Now if Cleveland players do what OKC did and take pay cuts maybe

TNazT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oladipo is a sleeper... Great defender, high energy... I think he will be a steal for whoever drafts him...

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Yea if this was the old CBA. Gilbert was over the tax while Lebron was there but remember Lebron was bringing money in.

the Lakers have a 100 million dollar TV deal. That pays for their luxury tax. Now in 2014 you have to pay 4 dollars for every dollar you are over the tax.

A small market team minus a superstar. Not likely.

He did this to himself. Look a Dallas they won the chip and the new CBA scared Cuban off where he broke up his championship winning team.

OKC made the finals and had to break up their team.

Now if Cleveland players do what OKC did and take pay cuts maybe

If his hate was that strong that he put himself in such a situation, that's some shit. If he plans to eat the tax when others won't, who knows? Maybe he is gambling on others not taking the hit knowing that he will........

SKATTA

International
International Member
I predict stern will give the pick to new orleans or charlotte next year.

yeah i know its a year away.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yet another example of the greatness of Lebron. They've won the lottery TWICE and added another top 5 pick since this guy left town. :lol::lol:

They gone be loaded with young studs still on they rookies deals when he come back though. :(