Yin & Yang - Moral problems of winning By Machinemen

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Props to MACHINEMEN (for the fight fans on BGOL) ...

Farolo said:
Yin & Yang - Moral problems of winning By Machinemen

Moralproblemsofwinning.jpg

The main idea is to show a moral problem of something. Like suicides, drugs, killing or whatever. I ended up trying something extreme and showing the moral problems of winning. The idea is like what you are really willing to do to someone else in order to achieve victory, and what achieving it actually means.
It kind of shows the hedonism of seeing other people lose.

Basically these terms you need to know. We needed to show some different moral theories and show why they are used wrong in the subject we decide.

utilitarismi - utilitarianism
altruismi - altruism
Sopimus etiikka - reciprocal agreement (We have written rules, usually law, which we should agree obey. If not, it's morally wrong.
Synti - Sin
John Rawls - part is his theory that anyone who is economically in a weaker state should always be though first.
Then there's egoismi and probaganda but you know what they mean.

The main message is kind of like "the idea of winning is getting pleasure of taking it away from someone else". Which is something that is wrong in the moral terms I use and others that I have only showed in picture. This is a video that might be hard to get but I hope you understand my main idea. .

MIRAR / WATCH

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip...p;show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10663601

[FLASH]http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=10663601&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1[/FLASH]

DESCARGAR / DOWNLOAD
http://machinemen.skyrock.com/

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Feedback from his peers/the fight community ...

Pando said:
Thanks!

Sincerely, still debating wether i liked it or not. I guess some things i did like and some didn't.

Anyways, very nice work, congratulations and keep it coming. For sure i can appreciate all the horus, hard work and dedication you needed to put this together, not to mention creativity and lots of footage!

Peace!

Kid-Kong said:
After watching this the first word coming through my mind is : Clever/intelligent

I know what you mean hermano this HL is another must seen video

Amazing work , with great sensibility i love it like always

gracias amigo

KK

Ving said:
I really like all the technical aspects of this clip, as well as it's general feel. I also love the idea of moving beyond the usual fighting cliche. I cannot, however, agree with it's thesis, and honestly, wouldn't go that far to call it "profound". I won't go deep into philiosophical stuff, 'cause obviously most people here don't like it, so I'll try to keep it simple :p.

Firstly, you DO NOT take away a victory from someone else. It's in nobody's possesion, until someone is decleared a winner. So the loser basically remeins in status quo. What's more, a loss is a side effect of winning, not the other way around. You want to win for yourself, not to see other people lose. Finally, losing is not some kind of ultimate evil. Everybody loses sometimes, and wins sometimes, without it we would be little more than vegetables. One's personal struggle is what lets him improve. These ups and downs are consequences of different talent, opportunity and luck distribution between people, and there's nothing we can do about it. In fact, it's what makes this world such an interesting and diverse place :p.

A little ad absurdum argument: was Goethe an evil person, because he wrote Faust, which is better than like 95% of other world's poetry, which could result in someone's depression? :wink:

Of course, there are cases, when someone is seeking to achieve victory no matter the costs, and that's usually a bad thing. But it doesn't imply that winning is morally bad by itself.

Finally, I wouln't connect winning with hedonism, cause usually in order to achieve a victory, you have to work your ass off first ;). Of course, it depends on your definition of hedonism and it's 'range', (and there are tons of variations), but usually these wider versions end up classifying all the poeple as hedonists, so the whole term becomes useless :).

Anyway, please, don't get upset with my little polemics, as i have said before, i generally love your work :D. Keep up the good work.

yuxn said:
its only natural to have diferent points of view and maybe some people dont concur but sometimes completly diferent opinions doesnt mean that one is wrong .

i like ur nick and usually u make sense in ur posts and u usually go to the point and dont run around the bushes ... i respect that , but im not yet sure if ur straight shooter opinions are based on confidence and knowckledge or just based in arrogance and cockyness .. i think cocky people are funny and i laugh of them but i dont like them nor respect them.

i didnt get pissed off , i exagerated on my language and yes defended Machinemen because imo its ridiculous saying "i fkin hate this HL" . why ? because: 1 Machinemen surelly didnt make this HL to purposly offend anyone ... 2 its more then evident that posts like that arent a construtive critic , what has inherant competitive purposes without presentation of a better solution .... so shut the f*ck up and go back to ur snake hole is what comes to my mind tbh .

what i think we slightly defer on our views is that i trully believe MMA is much more then violence and heavy-metal , not that i dont like violence/heavy-metal and of course MMA needs it :D.

i didnt like ur "lawlz" , but its ok , i understand ur general opinion and for me is enough .not gonna discuss this anymore...
ill be looking forward to watching ur highlights then.

KaWeH said:
Very well made video, liked it a lot. Not my kind of music but it worked really well in this video.

However, if I understand your philosophy correctly, you believe winning (any kind of battle) is an evil thing that comes at the expense of others? (such as war etc.)
It's called life, and without this brutal struggle there would be none of it! Winning at the cost of others sounds like natural selection to me, and a world where there is no such thing sounds like a non-biological world to me.

Also, don't see the hedonism in winning for example a fight since you have to train hard etc. You could stretch it and say that he trained hard and suffered for a short period of time to enjoy victory eternal, but I don't think any 'hedonist' would be very willing to do that.
More likely winning is The Will to Power as i'm sure you've heard of, and surely it defines life!

Unless I completely misunderstood the video of course...

Edit: @Ving, some gay mod locked the previous thread before I could reply.

Les W

Star
Registered
Dope vid

wish you gave more background with the comments etc

I understand how some victory is at another's expense (for example war) but I agree that in a consenting battles victory is earned and losing is part of the game imo

Failure makes you successful

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yeah - there was mixed reaction from this set from MACHINEMEN. He/they do(es) some dope shit though ... I've posted some of his/their GSP content in the past.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCranberriesVEVO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cranberries

"Zombie" is a protest song by the Irish band The Cranberries from the 1994 album No Need to Argue. The song, which laments The Troubles in Northern Ireland, was written by Dolores O'Riordan, singer of the band. It features a heavy guitar riff which is uncharacteristic of the band's usual sound, more akin to the grunge/alternative metal sound that was popular at the time than their usual alternative rock style. This song met great success in many countries, including France, Belgium, Austria, Australia and Germany where it topped the charts.

"Zombie" is one of the band's biggest singles, reaching #3 in their native Ireland, and having a total chart run of 11 weeks. The song reached #14 in the UK, with a total chart run of six weeks. It topped the U.S. Modern Rock chart for six weeks, and appeared on the French Top 50 for nine weeks, with 19 weeks in the Top 10. "Zombie" placed in the German Top 100 for one week, with a total chart run of 27 weeks. It also reached number 2 in Austria, Sweden and Switzerland, and was number 1 in Australia for 8 weeks. The single has sold 2 million copies alone, and the song, since its release in late 1994, has been performed on every live tour.

"Zombie" topped the Australian music countdown Triple J Hottest 100 in 1994. "Zombie" also won the MTV Europe Music Award for best song in 1995.

"The Cranberries rose to international fame in the 1990s with their debut album, Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?, which became a commercial success and sold over five million copies in the United States. The group was one of the most successful rock acts of the '90s and sold over 14.5 million albums in the United States alone. The band has achieved four top 20 albums on the Billboard 200 chart (Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?; No Need To Argue; To the Faithful Departed and Bury the Hatchet)[1] and eight top 20 singles on the Modern Rock Tracks chart ("Linger", "Dreams", "Zombie", "Ode to My Family", "Ridiculous Thoughts", "Salvation", "Free To Decide" and "Promises").[1]

In 2009 The Cranberries reunited and began a North American tour, followed by dates in Latin America and Europe in early 2010."