Wrestling fans: McGuinness in TNA, Booker out (probably)

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Nigel McGuinness made his debut at the TNA tapings last night under his new ring name, Desmond Wolfe. He's already booked to feud with Kurt Angle and they'll meet at the next ppv Turning Point. McGuiness-Angle and the British Invasion against the Machineguns under Styles-Joe-Daniels in the main event has already got TNA my 30 bucks.
Booker T looks to be out of TNA soon. He rejected their contract offer and only worked about 3 minutes of the Full Metal Mayhem tag match at the (very good) Bound for Glory ppv Sunday night. He might pop back up on WWE television by the end of the year or he might not.

All of this (except for the Booker-WWE part) was reported by PWInsider.com.

dirtyd

Rising Star
Registered
Christopher Daniels was bragging about the signing on twitter. If i were tna i'd keep my mouth shut, b4 vince comes in there and raids that locker room. And booker t in my opinion never seemed happy in tna.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
There's no one in TNA that Vince didn't have first shot at. He either didn't want them (Nigel), couldn't use them (Matt Morgan), or they turned him down (AJ Styles).

Booker's two best feuds were the ones with Robert Roode and Samoa Joe and I don't think either were completed in a good way. Apparently that stretcher job he did at Bound for Glory will be his last TNA appearance. Oh well, while he's one of my faves, he (like Christian Cage) wasn't really seen as a TNA guy. Kurt Angle, the Dudleys, Scott Steiner do. But with him and his wife not on the payroll that makes room for the possible entrance of Rob Van Dam and/or Ken Anderson.

Smooth88

wannabe star
Registered
From what I heard Nigel had an issue with his physical (injuries) and then WWE lowballed him on the offer. TNA gave him a better deal plus immeadiate TV time.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
It seems WWE pulled their offer completely based on his medical past. He's torn both biceps in the past and WWE is gunshy on damaged wrestlers.