Well... I Was Gonna Hate On Jay Z With This Thread, But Had To Change My Mind

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw this pick and was about to crack on Jay for being on some hipster shit, but...

JAYZ.jpg

...what can I say? Can't knock the hustle. This cat got his wife, Beyonce', chillin' with JFK's daughter at his concert.

BEYONCE-COACHELLA.jpg

BEYONCE-BEER-COACHELLA.jpg

JAYZ.jpg

It's time to just accept it. Jay Z's THE premiere rapper in the game, son.

This coming from a cat who is NO Jay Z fan. If not Jigga, who? Who is Rap's HNIC, right now?​

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man Jiggah has to be Illuminati

im finally convinced
Word. I tried for years to be on some 'fuck Jay Z' shit, after he dumbed down his sound. But the results speak for themselves. This dude has it all (it seems) right now. Eminem, Diddy & 50 have money, but the don't have the notoriety, high profile respect, dimest wife in the game and Barack Obama on speed dial. This cat is just on a whole other level, man. More than anyone else, he makes his haters look like, well... haters.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Word. I tried for years to be on some 'fuck Jay Z' shit, after he dumbed down his sound. But the results speak for themselves. This dude has it all (it seems) right now. Eminem, Diddy & 50 have money, but the don't have the notoriety, high profile respect, dimest wife in the game and Barack Obama on speed dial. This cat is just on a whole other level, man. More than anyone else, he makes his haters look like, well... haters.

Basically :cool:

dwayne1376

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Not only that, he is able to get people like JFK's niece, Gweneth Paltrow, and others to a concert with known explicit language. Who else can do that?

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
I stand corrected. But she's a Kennedy/Shriver & the first lady of a major state. Won't see many of them at a Gucci Man 'concert'.

Is Gucci Mane on the level of Jay-Z? No one's even heard of him outside of a small group of rap fans.

The first lady of Cali has shown up at MANY concerts by major artists. It's a hip thing to do. (And she's probably there to hang with Beyonce moreso than to see Jay-Z. They have a mutual close friend in Oprah.)

mofo112

Star
Registered
Dude be in the white house chillen. Gonna have to accept he may be the most renowned rapper of all time.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is Gucci Mane on the level of Jay-Z? No one's even heard of him outside of a small group of rap fans.

The first lady of Cali has shown up at MANY concerts by major artists. It's a hip thing to do. (And she's probably there to hang with Beyonce moreso than to see Jay-Z. They have a mutual close friend in Oprah.)
Nothing you're saying changes my point. :hmm:

KingAddies

Rising Star
Registered
i'm more impressed at beyonce drinking a beer.....

I'm surprised she's having a beer and that red bull. I would think she has some low fat energy drink prepared. If I was that wealthy you couldn't give my wife an open drink without 3 people checking it out.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Interesting

I was listening to the BDK interview on Juan Epstein earlier at the gym and I was thinking about this. BDK was like he was introduced to Jaz/Jay-Z and dude was like Jaz was ok, but who's the light skin kid. But you will have dudes up here who will swear Jaz is better.

How much hate Jay-Z receives for being famous and rich. It's not like he gives anything to the public to really hate, he gives the standard boring interview. Why should I hate dude, because of DeHaven or Jaz? That's what women do. It's probably muthafuckas who don't like me or say I changed. Even though he raps material shit, he's not throwing it in your face by being in cribs and buying a bunch of jewelry like some of these duds.

Then I just read where Rakim said that Jay-Z is his favorite rapper

So at the end of the day, does it matter what fans and the public say, if you have the respect of your peers. And it's not the Wacko Flako's who are saying it either. He's the rapper most young dudes aspire to be. You might say he's overrated, but you can't say he's not nice or wack. Dude has done the best of balancing the street and commercial shit, to remain relevant. Yeah, Big died, but do you think he would have been around another 13 years? LL has had longevity, but he's been largely ignored by males and the urban audience for the last 10. Snoop has had longevity, but has become sort of a parody of a rapper.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting

I was listening to the BDK interview on Juan Epstein earlier at the gym and I was thinking about this. BDK was like he was introduced to Jaz/Jay-Z and dude was like Jaz was ok, but who's the light skin kid. But you will have dudes up here who will swear Jaz is better.

How much hate Jay-Z receives for being famous and rich. It's not like he gives anything to the public to really hate, he gives the standard boring interview. Why should I hate dude, because of DeHaven or Jaz? That's what women do. It's probably muthafuckas who don't like me or say I changed. Even though he raps material shit, he's not throwing it in your face by being in cribs and buying a bunch of jewelry like some of these duds.

So at the end of the day, does it matter what fans and the public say, if you have the respect of your peers. And it's not the Wacko Flako's who are saying it either. He's the rapper most young dudes aspire to be. You might say he's overrated, but you can't say he's not nice or wack. Dude has done the best of balancing the street and commercial shit, to remain relevant. Yeah, Big died, but do you think he would have been around another 13 years? LL has had longevity, but he's been largely ignored by males and the urban audience for the last 10. Snoop has had longevity, but has become sort of a parody of a rapper.
C/S

jwillie85

Potential Star
Registered
Jay look like he at the point where he been fly for so long that he don't give a fuck no more about his style.

Interesting

All true.

BDK is like Jay Sr. imo. I was really hoping they worked together back in the late 90s when that old school was making a mini comeback (with Rakim working with Dre and shit.)