UFC on FOX 5 : Henderson vs. Diaz

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

One of 2012's biggest cards hits Seattle on December 8th. In the main event, UFC lightweight champion "Smooth" Benson Henderson faces fellow 155-pound superstar Nate Diaz in what promises to be a Fight of the Year candidate. Plus, former two-division UFC champion BJ Penn returns to battle Canadian phenom Rory MacDonald. Former light heavyweight champion Shogun Rua faces Swedish contender Alexander Gustafsson, for what is being touted as one of the greatest fight cards ever on network television.

UFC on FOX: Henderson vs. Diaz, Saturday December 8 live on FOX, at 8PM ET | 5PM PT. Prelims begin on Facebook followed by three full hours of prelims on FX at 5PM ET | 2PM PT.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
rooting for Benson....but Diaz has been destroying dudes lately

I think Nate takes this via 3rd round stoppage

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Bendo is going to stay away from Diaz and use his kicks and speed as much as possible. If he caught with the cage to his back Diaz will light him up. This is a great card for a Fox event. :yes:

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson held onto his belt with a dominating performance over Nate Diaz at the Key Arena in Seattle on Saturday night. Henderson took the five-round bout 50-43, 50-45, 50-45. Henderson landed 133 significant strikes throughout the bout.

Henderson set the tone early when he got a takedown and stood over Diaz before landing shots. Throughout the round, Henderson peppered Diaz with leg kicks. It caused damage early and throughout the bout.

Diaz showed signs of life in the third round with leg lock and heel hook submission attempts. Both times Henderson was able to get out. Late in the round, he dropped Diaz, who continued to try for leg submissions.

At the end of the fourth round, Henderson jumped around and showed how fresh he was while Diaz had to get his eyes checked by the fight doctor. Henderson had a big takedown in the fifth, and continued to control Diaz throughout the round.

When the fight was over, Henderson reportedly walked over towards the media on press row and shouted to them.

"I don't talk, it's in here. Do you guys get it?"

This was Henderson's second title defense. He is undefeated since joining the UFC and has a record of 17-2. His last two bouts were razor-close decisions, but with this fight, Henderson has a signature performance to show he is deserving of the UFC's shiny, gold belt.

Going into this fight, Diaz had three wins at lightweight. Two were by submission, but his submission skills didn't work on Henderson. Diaz falls to an overall record of 16-8.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Henderson looked like a beast in there last night and that capped off a night of changing of the guard as I can see Penn letting it go and Rua has to be down to his last couple fights.

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Diazfingerwithheart.jpg

During Benson Henderson's win over Nate Diaz at UFC on Fox 5, the Fox broadcast repeatedly cut away to a shot of the empty octagon. Was it a technical difficulty? Did someone on Fox's broadcast truck hit the wrong button?

No. Diaz threw up the middle finger at his opponent, and the network cut away instead of risking a fine from the Federal Communications Commission.

This isn't the first time Diaz has caused a stir on network television. After a Strikeforce fight in 2010 on CBS, Diaz, his brother Nick and their teammates got into a postfight melee when Jason "Mayhem" Miller jumped into the cage after a Jake Shields win.

Diaz is known for using trash talk and throwing up the middle finger during fights. He famously locked in a triangle choke with his legs on Kurt Pellegrino and put up both fingers as he finished the submission. Henderson knew this and prepared for Diaz's game.

"It's something I actually had a little bit of a hard time with, but once my training partners got together, they all started talking crap to me in the middle of sparring and I'd get angry," Henderson said on Fuel TV's postfight show. "They helped control it and I did a pretty good job of being very focused and not letting that affect my emotional state in the middle of the fight."

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Glad I was wrong....I still think Nate takes most of 155..most

Now its time for Pettis Henderson 2