The current heads of the Democratic and Republican parties are both black

Greed

Star
Registered
Personally, I'm proud of both of them. I was just as proud to see an African-American senator from one party question the first African-American female Secretary of State-designate from another party. A little while after that confirmation hearing QueEx caught me making then deleting a thread about that historic moment. I didn't have to explain too in-depth to him about why I ended up deleting the thread because he also suspected it would just turn into a "Condi Sellout" thread.

However, now it seems that this board has a more healthy respect for the pure achievement aspect of making it to that level of politics. As recent evidence, beside the general Obama-euphoria, is the lack of derision associated with race regarding Steele's accomplishment. There were no congratulatory remarks either, but the absence of pure malice expressed towards a black Republican is a big deal for this board.

So overall, despite the fact that neither men share my political values, this will probably turn out to be a good thing for the African-American community as a whole.

Cruise

Star
Registered
So overall, despite the fact that neither men share my political values, this will probably turn out to be a good thing for the African-American community as a whole.

Sure, it'll be a good thing...

just like when some Africans helped sell slaves to the whites

or when some slaves helped the whites recapture runaways

or when some slave descendants defended Jim Crow and taught their children they were inferior to whites

or when some African leaders advanced the white imperialist agenda

or when some politicians, claiming to be black, advanced the white supremacist agenda.

Using politicians as a sign of progress really is the best measuring stick for success.

nittie

Star
Registered
Thier elections could be considered signs of a dying country. Steele seems like a act of desperation by reps, like putting a Blackman in that position is the last card they have left. Obama's election seems like this country has given up on the 'white man's control-all mentality' and decided to try things from a Black perspective, thinking that he can save the U.S. from a destiny decided by our policies more than our politicians. It's like America is trying to out-manage the highest manager and maybe went to the well one time too many.

Cruise

Star
Registered
Thier elections could be considered signs of a dying country. Steele seems like a act of desperation by reps, like putting a Blackman in that position is the last card they have left. Obama's election seems like this country has given up on the 'white man's control-all mentality' and decided to try things from a Black perspective, thinking that he can save the U.S. from a destiny decided by our policies more than our politicians. It's like America is trying to out-manage the highest manager and maybe went to the well one time too many.

I see the same thing.

My attitude is why try to involve ourselves in the demise of the honkey empire?

Why would we want our faces attached to the mess they created when we hardly got any of the benefits but bore all the burden?

The US government is dying and everyone knows it (well at least those who aren't blinded by patriotism). It needs to fall so we can have a chance for a brighter future.

Lamarr

Star
Registered
While I'm proud of the accomplishments, I'm saddened by the fact they buy into the same 'globalist' agendas that compromise America's sovereignty and the freedoms we used to enjoy.

I see no difference in the 2 parties, just a disregard for freedom, justice, and prosperity!

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sure, it'll be a good thing...

just like when some Africans helped sell slaves to the whites

or when some slaves helped the whites recapture runaways

or when some slave descendants defended Jim Crow and taught their children they were inferior to whites

or when some African leaders advanced the white imperialist agenda

or when some politicians, claiming to be black, advanced the white supremacist agenda.

Using politicians as a sign of progress really is the best measuring stick for success.
Speak on it. :yes:

Cruise

Star
Registered
Maybe you two white worshippers wouldn't get predictable responses if you didn't make predictable posts.

Pride...

in another man's accomplishment...

in a white boy's political organization...

in a white-dominated country...

Yes, I can see why that fills someone non-white with pride.

Greed

Star
Registered
20 million black people voted this last election for one of the two parties because they felt they had a vested interest in one of those parties succeeding. Somehow you don't make the connection, because you choose not to, that if you feel one of these parties will do good things for America, then it would be a good thing when the leaders of these parties are more like you than not. You call it white this-and that, however their fate is not separate from your fate. You should stop being angry just for the sake of being angry. Despite popular opinion, it just stupid to rant like that on the internet.

Cruise

Star
Registered
20 million black people voted this last election for one of the two parties because they felt they had a vested interest in one of those parties succeeding. Somehow you don't make the connection, because you choose not to, that if you feel one of these parties will do good things for America, then it would be a good thing when the leaders of these parties are more like you than not. You call it white this-and that, however their fate is not separate from your fate. You should stop being angry just for the sake of being angry. Despite popular opinion, it just stupid to rant like that on the internet.

So, it's a rant because you say so.
So, it's stupid because you say so.
So, I'm angry because you say so.

Well, what am I thinking now? :)

Why should my success be dependent on white success? Is white success dependent on our succcess. In fact, white success depends on everyone else's failure.

Why would I want whites to suceed in any form or fashion?
Why would I be proud of people who advance the white agenda?
Why would I be happy for those who support white imperialism?
Why would I admire someone who ignores the concerns of their community to advance the concerns of the honkeys?

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Steele is a sellout who hired homeless people to flood african american neighborhoods in Maryland with fake flyers claiming he was a democrat - in 2 different elections.

How proud of that are you?

How proud of his campaign holding the bussed in homeless from Philly and DC hostage if they didn't lie to voters for him?

How proud are you of his campaign not paying the homeless who worked for him, whom he abandoned in Maryland -they never sent the buses back to pick them up afterward, until they staged a protest at his campaign headquarters?

Yeah great moment in black history.

He's a fucking scumbag representing the party of fucking scumbags.

Take pride in him? How can you take pride in his "achievement" and leave out how he got there?
You're throwing out stereotypes of why people don't care for him rather than face the fact that although he shares skin color with many african americans, he doesnt share much else.

Who did those 20 million black people vote for? Damn sure wasnt for Steele and his party.
Most of those 20 million felt they had a vested interest in seeing people like Steele FAIL.

Funny you should mention stupidity while ignoring the facts of the situation and hurling stereotypes rather than facts.

I don't consider it good just to have black faces around with no substance. That is called tokenism. You can cheer lead the racist republican party and their fraud token but black people who do not share his agenda surely won't. Taking offense at people rejecting his very existence seems pretty stupid too in light of his and his party's multiple offenses against people of color in this nation.

Last edited: