RIP Sheldon Reynolds.. EWF/Commodores

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Rest-In-Peace.gif

Rythm

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wow. What happened? Dude had some serious vocal and musical chops.

RIP
To Family, Friends, and Fans:
On May 18, 2023, Sheldon M. Reynolds suffered cardiac arrest resulting in extensive brain damage due to lack of oxygen. On May 23, 2023 at 6:05 p.m. he transitioned from our world to be with his creator. He was surrounded by his wife Marilyn and his children Brice (son) & Jade (daughter) and a few close friends as he peacefully left us. Please continue to pray for strength and comfort over the family during this difficult time of bereavement, but also please remember the good times and memories he may have shared with each of you near and far. Details on memorial service arrangements will be shared soon. God Bless!
Love Always,
Brice, Jade & Marilyn

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
R.I.P. I remember him with EWF from their Touch The World Tour in '88. Saw them when they hit Radio City Music Hall. Maurice referred to him as their "#1 draft pick." Sheldon didn't stay with them for long. Last I heard he was down with A Taste of Honey.

To this day,

Peeps talk about those Radio City Music Hall shows EWF did.
If I recall, they kept adding shows for a total of about a week.
When it was originally a two/three day engagement.

R.I.P.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
To this day,

Peeps talk about those Radio City Music Hall shows EWF did.
If I recall, they kept adding shows for a total of about a week.
When it was originally a two/three day engagement.

R.I.P.

Just to show you how prices have changed. In January,1988 I got floor seats( as a Christmas present) for that show for $35.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just to show you how prices have changed. In January,1988 I got floor seats( as a Christmas present) for that show for $35.
MMMAAAAAANNN...

I talk to these young Cats at My job all the time about going to concerts in NYC during those times.
They get absolutely SHOCKED about ticket prices back then.
And how I used to be going to concerts at least 2 - 4 times a week.
Hoping from places like The Village Gate (Jazz) to The Ritz (Punk, New Wave, Reggae) on any given night.
All Cheap Too!

notreally

Rising Star
Registered
Fly on Sheldon, you made us proud my friend....

It is always sad to see a maker of great art leave this plane.

The way he and the rest of the band slipped so seamlessly from Shining Star into Voodoo Chile exemplifies the sublime
talent and skills all these men had.

Rise in Light.