R.I.P. Bernard Wright(Just Chillin' Out/Haboglabotribin'/Who Do You Love)

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What tripped Me out about this Bernard Wright news was the mention of Billy Spaceman Patterson.
I used to run into that Brother often at The Forbidden Planet when it first set-up its NYC Union Square locale during the early 80s.
We would talk Comics and Music for hours.
I think He even played at a few of the MILES concerts I would attend in those days.

When I hear Today's Black Music,
I never realize how much I actually loved and missed all those Synths I used to rag on about taking over Soul/R&B back in those 80s days.
And I have TONS of that music on vinyl.

R.I.P. BERNARD WRIGHT

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
that is sad news
i remember listening to this dude on the radio as a teenager and thinking 'wait...this dude is my age'??? he was known as a boy wonder musician back then...fame early in life...the tom browne days
rip

speed7

Star
BGOL Investor
This is a history lesson for me. Bittersweet that I’m truly learning about his life’s work and those songs I like in the tragedy of his death

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is a history lesson for me. Bittersweet that I’m truly learning about his life’s work and those songs I like in the tragedy of his death

same here..
I'm familiar with all of his works through samples. Didnt know he was in the Tom Browne camp or that he was Roberta Flacks Godson.
Really love and appreciate that era of music.
58 too young for him to be an ancestor
R.I.P

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Rest in Power

The bridge on "Who Do You Love" is one of my all-time favorites. And the sample cut for Snoop's "G'z and Hustlas" is just OP.

nworba

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that is sad news
i remember listening to this dude on the radio as a teenager and thinking 'wait...this dude is my age'??? he was known as a boy wonder musician back then...fame early in life...the tom browne days
rip
If you had Roberta flack as a mom, you would probably have been different too!