Portland, Or

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
09f5768631a0598638e7ba606b0cac62.jpeg

NorthSide314

Support BGOL
Registered
Portland was wild. Mad homeless people and the police have a hands off approach to dealing with them. I was out in the Cascades area and rode the train into the city every day. There are some nice spots that I ended up at Swine is a whiskey/Bourbon bar that you pay for your drinks by the shot. good crowd but not good for hunting. Ground Kontrol and Lucky Devil Lounge (strip joint). All the chicks I saw was suicide girl type with a bunch of tats and white. Maybe it was just where I was but I didn't see a lot of sisters and the ones I did was cuffed. Lot of Native Americans too.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting thanks

But I would've just got some good bud...do a little day hiking and chill.

I heard a brother don't want to do tooo much exploring outside of portland.

How was the food?

NorthSide314

Support BGOL
Registered
There are some places that you can buy without a medicinal card but they were outside of the area I was in. Food was good. I only hit little places no chains other than Rogue cause I like their beer so I went to get some at the source.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I used to live in Seattle and hang out in Portland on some weekends. Pretty cool place. Sort of like Seattle South. Its the second home of bi-racial people. Lots of mulatto women out there looking for some direction. If you're there long enough you should be able to run a few down. North Portland is the black side of town. Oh and don't forget you can't pump your own gas out there. (Just like New Jersey). You gotta let the attendant do it and the state max speed limit is 60 I think so try not to get carried away on I-5 . Before you leave make sure you visit Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls. You won't be disappointed!

rtqlat

Paying Lurker
BGOL Investor
I have lived in Portland on and off since 2000 after I got out the Navy. Bought a cool crib in the NE Portland neighborhood before the prices went stupid. Old craftsman bought for $110 and now worth $350 with a few upgrades. Anyway, Portlnad is not a city for black folks, however my kid and her mother still live there. Rent a car, and go eat food. Mississippi Ave is a great place to chill. Grab breakfast at a place called "Gravy" best corn beef hash ever. Check out "Hubers" it's downtown great happy hour and get a Spanish coffee made at your table. NW 23rd has a good mix of hipsters and working professionals with the overly rich up the hill. Lots of restaurants on 23rd and on 22nd. Great Italian place called Cafe Mingo. Oh chill at a strip club. Exotica in NE Portland on MLK. It's the only black club I remember. Hood but fun and chill. A lot of parking lot pimping going on. Alberta street is also a cool strip to chill on. A lot of great restaurants and little shops to go in. Helzers for breakfast. The last thing I will tell you is stay business casual in your attire. It keeps the hood chicks and hippies from bothering you. Have fun and enjoy your time in PDX.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Portland's pretty good. Been there a handful of times over the years. Have some family in other parts of the Pacific Northwest (Olympia and Seattle) so we've combined trips before, etc.