Manny Pacquiao has agreed to the demands of the Floyd Mayweather camp!

merce77

Star
Registered
merce, merce, merce
What about Oscar and Shane? No weight games with them and he even moved up to fight Oscar. No catchweights and all that foolishness with most of his opponents. And he does not outweigh Pacquiao. They weigh roughly the same but Floyd is one inch taller. Ruiz lost to Toney, later the victory was overturned but we always remember watching Ruiz lost to Toney. Mayweather does not want to be Ruiz or Cotto (who may have been cheated twice but we'll never know).

But enough of this, we'll just restate positions we've stated a hundred times.
I don't think Arum wants to make this fight. All sides agreed to not negotiate in the press. That's what killed it last year, all the public chest thumping and egos. So here's Arum jumping out making public pronouncements while Schaefer at Golden Boy official statement is "No comment". Arum hates Floyd, isn't a fan of Schaefer and has one of his own fighters in the wings (Margarito) for another stadium fight. He's trying to sabotage the shit.
What's even more peculiar is this is exactly where they were last year except it was Mayweather who signed off on everything and was waiting for Manny. Fuck Arum and I know I'm not the only person who sees this dude.

C'mon son, both them niccas were old. Asterisk, like all his fights. Say what you want but it's the truth. Fuck Arum and all that bullshit, if Floyd wanted this fight it could happen. He represents himself. It's funny how someone else is always to blame when you ninjas talk about Floyd, as if the man isn't accountable for his own actions - or inaction rather. That nicca gets more passes on BGOL than women do in the U.S. court system. All I need to know is that Floyd has been in divisions where there were some great champs around, and he's fought none of them in their prime. He either makes niccas come up in weight to fight him or he waits until they're old and their legs are too shot to chase him. Also, I never said Floyd was scared to fight, he's mortified of losing that 0. And he knows Pac has a good chance to take that away. Nothing you guys say will convince me otherwise.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Some logic on this board just cracks me up. Manny should not get 50/50 split even though they agreed on that point last time. Because pbf had bigger numbers due to him fighting a well known hall of fame fighter and manny doesn't because he fought a fighter most people never heard of before. Damn. That is why I don't even bother.

Pbf wants the fight he knows the number manny wants. And it is fair the two biggest name split the purse. Any other notion on the contrary is silly.

Agreed. I don't see how Manny's fight with Clottey can be compared with Floyd's fight with Mosley. If anything, compare Manny's fight with Cotto to Floyd's with Mosley. I think Floyd still did slightly better numbers but at least the comparison is more realistic.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Some logic on this board just cracks me up. Manny should not get 50/50 split even though they agreed on that point last time. Because pbf had bigger numbers due to him fighting a well known hall of fame fighter and manny doesn't because he fought a fighter most people never heard of before. Damn. That is why I don't even bother.

Pbf wants the fight he knows the number manny wants. And it is fair the two biggest name split the purse. Any other notion on the contrary is silly.

Naw homie. Considering the numbers, Floyd would be a got-damn fool to take a 50-50 split when he is not only coming off the tougher opponent but he >>>>>>>> Pacman in PPV numbers...not even close.. He kills Pacman with shared opponents and his latest fight outsold Pacman...and yall can kill that Shane talk... SHANE AINT NEVER SOLD A FIGHT IN HIS FUCKING LIFE...and Im a huge shane fan... People tuned in hoping Shane could beat Floyd..not to see Shane fight...

the split will be slightly in the favor of Floyd... 55-45 at best but probably even closer to even.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
There is no way the p4p champ and fighter of the decade is going to take less than 50%. and there is no rational mindset to think it makes sense. But if you feel that way, cool. But it isn't reasonable nor realistic.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
There is no way the p4p champ and fighter of the decade is going to take less than 50%. and there is no rational mindset to think it makes sense. But if you feel that way, cool. But it isn't reasonable nor realistic.

Buk... outta here with that magazine bullshit. The split is determined by economics. Tyson was a bum for years and could get a big split because he sold.

The reality of the matter is that Floyd is the bigger draw and thus he will get a larger share of the pie. It is completely reasonable and the only realistic scenario.

They will get a deal done..and you will see Floyd taking a slightly larger share of the purse...watch.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Buk... outta here with that magazine bullshit. The split is determined by economics. Tyson was a bum for years and could get a big split because he sold.

The reality of the matter is that Floyd is the bigger draw and thus he will get a larger share of the pie. It is completely reasonable and the only realistic scenario.

They will get a deal done..and you will see Floyd taking a slightly larger share of the purse...watch.

These niggas are talking crazy. When Oscar was the draw, you wouldn't hear any of this shit even when he was losing. Granted Manny could hold his own, but I don't know what world these cats live in were the biggest producer doesn't get get the biggest slice of the pie.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
These niggas are talking crazy. When Oscar was the draw, you wouldn't hear any of this shit even when he was losing. Granted Manny could hold his own, but I don't know what world these cats live in were the biggest producer doesn't get get the biggest slice of the pie.

I just want the fight to happen and soon... gonna be a highly polarized fight.

I dont think Floyd is going to fuck this fight up. I actually think he came out of retirement solely for this big money fight. I think the idea of that Floyd is somehow scared or worried about Pacman is a bit laughable and Ive been accused of being a Floyd-hater. Pacman will make the fight...even if he is juicing, he will cycle off and submit to random drug-testing. Pacman nor his team thought he was ready for Floyd for that first fight...his team was on the record saying so just a few months before...saying he needed a couple of more fights to prepare for Floyd. Pacman is definitely not scared of taking difficult fights and I think he is about as ready as he could ever be..so he will back off the random drug-test shit.

I am really worried about Arun fucking up the fight because he has a history of doing such with Floyd...

Theyre going to fight. Floyd is not only going to beat Pacman....he is going to beat him so soundly that they wont even look like they are in the same class. Floyd is going to solidify his legend on Pacman.

Im completely convinced that there is noone at welterweight or below that can OUTBOX Floyd Mayweather for 12 fucking rounds. That means you will need to knock him out. So Pacman has a punchers chance of winning this fight and I mean he needs to land hard and early. Anyone who thinks that Pacman has a chance to outbox Floyd for 12 rounds is on some serious fucking dope.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
C'mon son, both them niccas were old. Asterisk, like all his fights. Say what you want but it's the truth. Fuck Arum and all that bullshit, if Floyd wanted this fight it could happen. He represents himself. It's funny how someone else is always to blame when you ninjas talk about Floyd, as if the man isn't accountable for his own actions - or inaction rather. That nicca gets more passes on BGOL than women do in the U.S. court system. All I need to know is that Floyd has been in divisions where there were some great champs around, and he's fought none of them in their prime. He either makes niccas come up in weight to fight him or he waits until they're old and their legs are too shot to chase him. Also, I never said Floyd was scared to fight, he's mortified of losing that 0. And he knows Pac has a good chance to take that away. Nothing you guys say will convince me otherwise.

Merce, I can agree with you that Floyd wants to do whatever to defend that 0, but come on. I think our minds are computing this shit on two different wave links. If Floyd was so scared of losing the 0 against Pac, he just would not fight or even talk about Pacquiao.

I'm in no way convince that Floyd would use drug testing as a means to ruin the fight because it doesn't make sense. How would he know that Pac was on PEDs? If he did know Pac was on PEDs, why would he not force the guy to fight clean with drug testing? In what way would that kill the fight?

I think the PED issue came up because he knew Pac was raw and like a lot of us, he could not believe that Pac's power and speed maintained with the weight increase. That's it.

I don't know if I'm missing something but it seems like you are saying Floyd is trying to shame Pac into bowing out of the fight with the drug testing. I don't understand that cause if Pac is dirty he has the ability to get that shit out of system, pass the test and fight Floyd straight up.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I just want the fight to happen and soon... gonna be a highly polarized fight.

I dont think Floyd is going to fuck this fight up. I actually think he came out of retirement solely for this big money fight. I think the idea of that Floyd is somehow scared or worried about Pacman is a bit laughable and Ive been accused of being a Floyd-hater. Pacman will make the fight...even if he is juicing, he will cycle off and submit to random drug-testing. Pacman nor his team thought he was ready for Floyd for that first fight...his team was on the record saying so just a few months before...saying he needed a couple of more fights to prepare for Floyd. Pacman is definitely not scared of taking difficult fights and I think he is about as ready as he could ever be..so he will back off the random drug-test shit.

I am really worried about Arun fucking up the fight because he has a history of doing such with Floyd...

Theyre going to fight. Floyd is not only going to beat Pacman....he is going to beat him so soundly that they wont even look like they are in the same class. Floyd is going to solidify his legend on Pacman.

I was just talking about PPV sales, but I can dig it. Niggas are confusing fear with real negotiations. Floyd is saying "I'm the man on top and I'll set some rules to this shit". I know if I'm out selling you, I'ma fight for more money in the negotiations regardless of the factors that niggas want to throw in this shit. If I think your cheating and I'm not cheating, I want to put end to that shit.

All reasonable points that these cat's act like it is some insane ploy to dodge a bullet, but if he wanted to do that isn't easier to just say I'm not fighting you. Manny gave Floyd the excuse the first time around to avoid the fight now. Floyd could have said Manny's a cheater and I'm not fucking with him.

peterpiper1978

Star
Registered
You better go back and read my posts. Lemme ask you sumthin, if you so sure you can easily beat and embarass and possibly ko this nicca Manny and make about 50 mil doing it. Why risk the fight by outing this nicca and his alleged steroid use?
Whjy hasn't this fight happened twice already if you Floyd and you all about "Money". Any answers. Love how you niccas pop up waaaaay after the fact but say nothing before fights.:smh:

Just to clarify, if you go back and read my posts, I was one of the only niccas saying way before the fight, that Mosley was too old and that Floyd should win pretty easily. Any of the regulars in the boxing discussions can c/s this and they have already. I also said Floyd was losing a step and was succeptible to the right hand. I only said Floyd was scared when Mosley agreed and signed everything and it took Floyd mad long to sign, and your boy got rocked by a senior citizen let's not forget. What do you think would've happened had that been Manny who rocked that nicca in the 2nd round and not ole man river. Ya'll Floyd niccas would've gone into hiding. Funny how some "boxing fans" only pop out the wordwork when Floyd name is mentioned.

And for the record, I've been saying Floyd should win this fight fairly easily as well. Stand down.

:yes:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I was just talking about PPV sales, but I can dig it. Niggas are confusing fear with real negotiations. Floyd is saying "I'm the man on top and I'll set some rules to this shit". I know if I'm out selling you, I'ma fight for more money in the negotiations regardless of the factors that niggas want to throw in this shit. If I think your cheating and I'm not cheating, I want to put end to that shit.

All reasonable points that these cat's act like it is some insane ploy to dodge a bullet, but if he wanted to do that isn't easier to just say I'm not fighting you. Manny gave Floyd the excuse the first time around to avoid the fight now. Floyd could have said Manny's a cheater and I'm not fucking with him.

I was just rambling...not really about anything specific you said.

Floyd came back and fought Marquez for the sole purpose of prepping the fight with Pacman. I dont by the argument for a split-second that Floyd is trying to avoid a fight with Pacman because he is afraid of a loss. Pacman poses some interesting possibilities because of his speed, southpaw style, and awkward angles.. but nothing that would make anyone think that Floyd should be losing sleep at night over Pacman.

I wouldnt be surprised if Floyd beats Pacman easily. If Floyd neutralizes Pacman on his typical speed advantage, what more does Pacman really bring to the table...nothing really. Floyd has the potential of being the faster puncher, better defender, and larger fighter... why exactly would Floyd be scared or worried :confused:

I will tell you this though.... That team over there is damn sure scared of what Floyd can do to their moneymaker and they have gone on the record of saying so. Floyd has the potential of being much more devastating to Pac than the other way around..

because if Pac cant get by on natural ability (speed, etc), that boy is going to have to outbox one of the most complete and disciplined fighters of this era... and Pacman has shown me that he is a great fighter.... but Ive not really seen him dissect and outbox someone like Floyd has... and we all know that Floyd is not going to let anyone drag him into a fucking brawl...

Pacman is going to need to KO Floyd...but I keep telling cats that Pacman doesnt even throw bombs like Mosley and Shane is not really heavy-handed but he hits harder than Pacman...Pacman wears you down on volume.... how the fuck you going to volume-punch your way to a victory against Floyd...a nigga that doesnt get hit...

Pacman better try to come out and end that fight early because if not... Floyd gonna do the same shit to him that he does to everyone..own the entire second half of the fight.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I was just rambling...not really about anything specific you said.

Floyd came back and fought Marquez for the sole purpose of prepping the fight with Pacman. I dont by the argument for a split-second that Floyd is trying to avoid a fight with Pacman because he is afraid of a loss. Pacman poses some interesting possibilities because of his speed, southpaw style, and awkward angles.. but nothing that would make anyone think that Floyd should be losing sleep at night over Pacman.

I wouldnt be surprised if Floyd beats Pacman easily. If Floyd neutralizes Pacman on his typical speed advantage, what more does Pacman really bring to the table...nothing really. Floyd has the potential of being the faster puncher, better defender, and larger fighter... why exactly would Floyd be scared or worried :confused:

I will tell you this though.... That team over there is damn sure scared of what Floyd can do to their moneymaker and they have gone on the record of saying so. Floyd has the potential of being much more devastating to Pac than the other way around..

because if Pac cant get by on natural ability (speed, etc), that boy is going to have to outbox one of the most complete and disciplined fighters of this era... and Pacman has shown me that he is a great fighter.... but Ive not really seen him dissect and outbox someone like Floyd has... and we all know that Floyd is not going to let anyone drag him into a fucking brawl...

Pacman is going to need to KO Floyd...but I keep telling cats that Pacman doesnt even throw bombs like Mosley and Shane is not really heavy-handed but he hits harder than Pacman...Pacman wears you down on volume.... how the fuck you going to volume-punch your way to a victory against Floyd...a nigga that doesnt get hit...

Pacman better try to come out and end that fight early because if not... Floyd gonna do the same shit to him that he does to everyone..own the entire second half of the fight.

I agree with some of that but Pac has pop..... no one hitter quiters but he has "1, 2, 3, 4's find yourself on the floor" combos and it doesn't matter if it's the first round or the tenth. So I don't know if I agree a 100% but I get you.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I agree with some of that but Pac has pop..... no one hitter quiters but he has "1, 2, 3, 4's find yourself on the floor" combos and it doesn't matter if it's the first round or the tenth. So I don't know if I agree a 100% but I get you.

Yeah..against non lateral moving targets that sit in front of him. But how often is anyone going to hit Floyd 4 consecutive times flush... I think Pacman is an all-time great and what he has done over the last few years has been extraordinary....HOWEVER, his last 3-4 fights have been against fighters perfectly suited to his skillset. Im still not convinced that he is a great boxer as opposed to a great fighter. Reality is going to set in when he fights against a fighter as quick as him, can defend, and has a much higher boxing IQ than him.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Yeah..against non lateral moving targets that sit in front of him. But how often is anyone going to hit Floyd 4 consecutive times flush... I think Pacman is an all-time great and what he has done over the last few years has been extraordinary....HOWEVER, his last 3-4 fights have been against fighters perfectly suited to his skillset. Im still not convinced that he is a great boxer as opposed to a great fighter. Reality is going to set in when he fights against a fighter as quick as him, can defend, and has a much higher boxing IQ than him.

I agree but I think if Floyd gets rocked it will open him up for the other shots. Also am I the only person who thinks Pac looked slower against Clottey?

Gambitv01

Star
Registered
Floyd maybe a smart fighter but he lacks the courage and confident in him. Obviously he ducks someone who pose a real real threat to his undefeated record. Deep inside he knows he will be annihilated by the Pacman. Win or loss.., he is in for a real tough fight. Be courageous Floyd. You are bringing with you almost all the advantages particularly in physical aspect. Settle once and for all who really is the Real P4P King... NOW.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Well I read some news that made me think of previous statements I made in the pass. I said before Manny would be looking to fight in Cowboys stadium again. And if that happens him and pbf won't fight. Mainly because pbf shoots up his hands and it is legal in Vegas and not in Texas. This sucks, but it looks like we got a week before arum's deadline for pbf to decide and say once again the fight is not on. Cowboys stadium is the ish and the fight deserves to be there. But I don't see it happening now. Pbf wins again and boxing fans lose again.

Boxing Perspective: Pacquiao Will Fight On November 13 In Texas

By Jose Espinoza July 8th, 2010 All Boxing Articles
Trainer Freddy Roach has said publicly that his protégé, Manny Pacquiao, will fight at Cowboy stadium on November 13, 2010.

There is no opponent scheduled yet but Roach is adamant that talks are in the works to get the undefeated welterweight, Floyd Mayweather Jr., to agree to a fight for that date.

Earlier in the year, Bob Arum tried to work a deal for a Mayweather-Pacquiao bout, but talks broke down over Olympic-style drug testing.

Roach has said that he is hopeful that an agreement can be reached for the fight to take place. However, should the negotiations fail, Roach said that Pacquiao would fight either Antonio Margarito or Miguel Cotto in Texas.

Recently, Manny Pacquiao was sworn in as a congressman in the Philippines. This move into politics has some analysts wondering if Pacquiao plans to retire or if this might hurt the boxer’s preparations in future fights.

According to Roach, Pacquiao will continue to prepare and be ready for his fighting obligations as he has always done in the past.

A decision on the opponent is expected near the end of the summer. Mayweather has said that he is only interested in fighting in Las Vegas and would not consider fighting in Texas.

In response, Roach says that he has no problem in moving the venue to Las Vegas, as long as Mayweather makes no more excuses.

Roach says this but Roach doesn't make the decisions. Jerry Jones and Manny want to work together. Manny already showed he isn't going to let PBF dictate terms. This whole fight saga sucks ass

merce77

Star
Registered
And can ya'll believe that this motherfucker Cotto said he would fight Pac again at a catchweight?!?!?!? Stupid ass.....

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

If you and I both think he can and will beat Manny Pacquiao, it's a pretty safe bet Floyd Mayweather believes he can.
I'm not giving him a pass on Oscar or Shane. I expected him to beat both and they were both past their primes but neither were shot, over the hill fighters and when last in the ring won their fights decisively. But you know all that. Oscar beat Chavez and Whitaker, Manny got Barrera and Morales, and Floyd got Oscar and Shane. I look at all of those (exc. Manny's first fight against Barrera) with a :hmm: but since Oscar and Manny get praised to the high heavens by most observers (yourself excluded), I think Floyd should get the same treatment.
After signing off on all Manny's demands last year, I think it's safe to say it's not just in his hands on whether this fight happens or not. I think he wants it, GB wants it and I believe Manny wants it. The first two because there isn't a comparable option left and Manny because he's a fighter at heart. I don't see Roach being so eager and Arum probably doesn't want it at all. He's got "Hands of Stone" waiting in the wings. All parties but one are and have been working to make this fight happen but the one is a big one.

Well I read some news that made me think of previous statements I made in the pass. I said before Manny would be looking to fight in Cowboys stadium again. And if that happens him and pbf won't fight. Mainly because pbf shoots up his hands and it is legal in Vegas and not in Texas. This sucks, but it looks like we got a week before arum's deadline for pbf to decide and say once again the fight is not on. Cowboys stadium is the ish and the fight deserves to be there. But I don't see it happening now. Pbf wins again and boxing fans lose again.

Boxing fans don't care if they fight in an alley in Greenville, SC as long as they fight. Them not fighting is the only way we lose.
You mentioned Mayweather "shooting up his hands". Leonard Ellerbe has publicly said that's not true. Now unless you have an on-the-record eyewitness or you have seen otherwise, let it go.
The fight will be in Vegas because that's where the money is. 60k people in a football stadium still wouldn't make as much money as 19-20k in Vegas due to ticket prices.

And can ya'll believe that this motherfucker Cotto said he would fight Pac again at a catchweight?!?!?!? Stupid ass.....

:smh::smh::smh: Sometimes the one thing that stops a fighter from being great is his own stupidity. Fighting Pacquiao again? Okay. Fighting him again for a jr. middleweight title at a catchweight? :smh: That's why this guy isn't an elite fighter.

merce77

Star
Registered
:smh::smh::smh: Sometimes the one thing that stops a fighter from being great is his own stupidity. Fighting Pacquiao again? Okay. Fighting him again for a jr. middleweight title at a catchweight? :smh: That's why this guy isn't an elite fighter.

This cat should just let Emanuel do the talking and thinking for him as well.:smh::smh: Some cats, the only thing standing between them and greatness is themselves. My dad keeps telling me that even without the handwraps, Margarito would've beaten Cotto because Cotto was too stupid to clinch or throw to the body. I'm starting to believe him.:smh::smh:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
This cat should just let Emanuel do the talking and thinking for him as well.:smh::smh: Some cats, the only thing standing between them and greatness is themselves. My dad keeps telling me that even without the handwraps, Margarito would've beaten Cotto because Cotto was too stupid to clinch or throw to the body. I'm starting to believe him.:smh::smh:

Me too.