LEONARD NIMOY Rest In Peace

biggboye5000

Rising Star
Registered
Old school Star Trek fans may appreciate this little glimpse into Mr Nimoy having some fun with this legendary character. Hardcore Spock fans should definitely get a kick out of it.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm another true fan saddened by his passing. I grew up watching this guy..I've seen and have every episode of the series..he also had a very distinguishing voice.He will be missed but never forgotten R.I.P.:(

Z MONSTER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
R.I.P. Spock. I will always remember him as Spock and the guy who use to scare me on "In Search Of"
In_Search_of_Title_Screen.jpg

biggboye5000

Rising Star
Registered
157522970-alien-hand-gesture-gettyimages.jpg

Rest in Peace old friend
:(:(:(:(:(

This was a strong emotional seen .
I walk out of the movie and like "I can't believe they killed off Spock!!!"

giphy.gif

Funny you mention that. That one scene is very emotional and still gets me to this day. I just watched the film again like a couple months ago and that scene and Kirk's funeral speech are still tough to get through.

One of the most emotionally powerful scenes in the history of science fiction or film even. The new Abrams version tried to recreate that to some degree but it was nowhere near the same.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Leonard Nimoy Reads Ray Bradbury Stories From The Martian Chronicles & The Illustrated Man (1975-76)

r.i.p.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LzhlU8rXgHc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ray Bradbury, author of The Martian Chronicles and Fahrenheit 451, contributed to science fiction a highly distinctive voice; the now departed Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek‘s Mr. Spock, also contributed to science fiction a highly distinctive voice. In the mid-seventies, a pair of record albums came out that together offered a truly singular listening experience: the voice of Bradbury in the voice of Nimoy. 1975’s The Martian Chronicles and 1976’s The Illustrated Man contain Nimoy’s renditions of two well-known stories, one per side, from each of Bradbury’s eponymous books. At the top of the post, you can hear The Martian Chronicles’ “There Will Come Soft Rains,” and just below, “Usher II.” At the bottom of the post, we have The Illustrated Man‘s “The Veldt” and “Marionettes Inc.” You can also hear both sides of the albums in a single Youtube playlist.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NHqS_yAimss?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
In our internet age, with its abundance of downloadable audio and mobile media delivery systems, we’ve grown thoroughly accustomed to the idea of the audio book. But 40 years ago, in the age of twelve-inch vinyl discs that could barely hold 45 minutes of content, the fully realized concept must have seemed more like something we would thrill to Bradbury himself writing about, or Nimoy himself using on television. But the visionaries in this case worked at the record label Caedmon, “a pioneer in the audiobook business,” according to the Internet Archive, “the first company to sell spoken word recordings to the public,” and “the ‘seed’ of the audiobook industry.” They grew famous putting out recordings of literary luminaries reading their own work: Dylan Thomas reading Dylan Thomas, T.S. Eliot reading T.S. Eliot, Gertrude Stein reading Gertrude Stein. But to my mind — or to my ear, anyway — the best of it happened at the intersections, like this one, of an era-defining author, and a different era-defining reader

The Veldt
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dJAKjpb2eOs?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marionettes Inc.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_YuxBLT5DYQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member
Mr. Nimoy was that dude... He will truly be missed. R.I.P

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i remember as a little boy watching star trek with my daddy. even tho kirk was captain everybody knew spock was not to be messed with. lol. not based on strength but on smarts. nimoy had that same type of respect throughout his life .r.i.p.

Last edited:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
R.I.P :(:(:(

Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron giving Starscream that work.

http://youtu.be/U4iwY2LXhz0

Sent from my Nexus 5

liked this voiceover better than his Sentinel Prime one

Spock Meets Spock (2009) HD:

Star Trek Into Darkness - Spock Talks to Spock:

There'll be no Spock Prime in the next Star Trek - damn:smh::smh::smh:

im guessing the next film will open with the Enterprise crew going to New Vulcan upon learning Spock Prime has passed..probably do a shot-for-shot redo of the funeral scene from STII

dunno if anyone here plays Star Trek Online but yesterday the servers were crashing like crazy due to the fact that every single player was on Vulcan in front of the Spock memorial
b6bc793bb3980829f088a7935faf5d64
:(

knavy

Star
Registered
I to as many of you enjoyed having an opportunity to admire Leonard Nimoy's coolness intelligence and delivery.
The sense of compassion was evident even tho Vulcans do not have emotion.

-Example I just saw the twitter post on Travon on page 2 in this thread classic Spok.... Got to love it logic is a hell of a drug.

Spok will be deeply missed and never forgotten for me he was a professor I will all ways remember with all the lessons he taught me and opened my minds eye to continue to learn.

Peace and Blessings

Cheers!

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:smh:

May his Katra live on!

I'm gonna be honest.
I initially laughed out loud at this scene in a sneak preview.

I had stood on line for this film a few weeks before it opened at a special sneak. All the newspaper ad gave was a Stardate and a time.

Hell. Being a TREK fan, that meant the sequel rumors were confirmed. And you knew what that Stardate meant.

My ASS was out there at the old LOEW'S State 1 & 2 from 8:30 in the morning to 8:00pm. I was practically the 30th person on line. And a few peeps held my spot when I went to the Donnell Library to work on a college term paper.

That line stretched from 7th Ave and 45th St. all the way around the corner to 6th Ave. Everyone walking by wondered what the deal was. People were orderly. Holding one another's spot. And the film didn't start until 8:30pm.

When that scene happened, all these women (and a few guys) in the theater started screaming and crying. All these hands began raising up in Vulcan salutes. And I just broke out laughing. Now you know my ASS instantly became persona non grata in that theater. But there were a few others who told me they found that moment laughable. But were too scared to burst out.

I still considered that moment one of my favorite New York 80s film moment stories. And I got quite a few of those.

The one thing you got to say about that STAR TREK cast is that those cats at FAMILY!!! And despite the various quality of the films, you still get that. And Nimoy treated them all as such. That's why he so loved. And all of them conveyed that on the big screen.

The only other film franchise you get that from is the "FAST & FURIOUS" crew.

STAR WARS can't even touch that dynamic.