Hollywood Biz: Byron Allen offers $10 billion for Disney's ABC network & cable channels UPDATE: Serious layoffs

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
DAMN!!!! :eek2: :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

ixMClQ.jpg

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Crazy shit. In the Desantis thread when I mentioned Disney media was in a bad place and was selling assets and looking for partners, cat told me I didn't know wtf I was talking about and how much Disney(media are) is winning. Here weeks later we got a thread on Disney selling ABC. :lol: When shit going well, it's BUY, BUY, BUY, and BUY some more. Not sell and look for partners.

Wonder what's the play with Byron here. What can he do with it that Disney can't.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Crazy shit. In the Desantis thread when I mentioned Disney media was in a bad place and was selling assets and looking for partners, cat told me I didn't know wtf I was talking about and how much Disney(media are) is winning. Here weeks later we got a thread on Disney selling ABC. :lol: When shit going well, it's BUY, BUY, BUY, and BUY some more. Not sell and look for partners.

Wonder what's the play with Byron here. What can he do with it that Disney can't.

^^^^^

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
bruh may have bodied himself
hopefully dwight’s search for dirt comes up clean

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor

I don't get it homie. They had a bad quarter and decided to cut cost. Disney Plus has yet to turn a profit and they have been dumping money into it. ABC, Disney Channel, FX and National Geographic, not making money because of streaming and the writers strike. ESPN making money. They bought out Comcast’s one-third stake in Hulu for $8.61 billion, meaning that Disney will now own 100%. Parks sales up 30%. I don't get what's so funny?